Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

General chat for vaping vipers.

(1000 Posts)
magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 12:00:12

Hooray to getting our own space (within giving up smoking).

flowers & wine (gin) to MNHQ for giving us this space.

I'm hoping some of our most knowledgeable vapers are going to start threads about specific aspects of vaping.

<glares at *Allergic & Plenty>

magimedi Mon 23-Feb-15 22:09:50

I had the same problem with my mini nautilus when I first got it - basically you just don't need to tighten it up as much as any other tank.

I've just treated myself to the same lattice work steel tank as Polters.

Went to an AMAZING vape shop in Brighton today - I'll post about it on the new thread:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/stop_smoking/2316187-Cary-on-vaping-vipers-Heres-the-new-chat-thread?

magimedi Mon 23-Feb-15 22:06:56
PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 20:48:37

The iStick is massively overpowered so it's not really comparable because it doesn't measure the same way. People often put 20w through the nautilus though. I have found that the aspire BVC coils take about a tank worth of juice before they reach peak flavour. I tend to vape 50/50 or high VG juice so don't know if that makes a difference.

End of the day we all have different tastes, I'm super sensitive to taste so really struggle with heavily flavoured juices other people rave about.

MeganChips Mon 23-Feb-15 19:57:31

Hmm, well I've turned the power right up to 4.8 and I am getting a lot of vapour.

It's the flavour as much as anything, fruity ones don't taste as fruity! Maybe it's me!

What do you usually set the ileaf to?

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 19:43:58

shock what on earth shock

Megan the mini nautilus works best with more power than you'll get with a spinner IMHO.

Glad you got it sorted Megan. That tank isn't nearly 'masculine' enough Polter. I'm waiting for this to go into production grin

MeganChips Mon 23-Feb-15 19:14:34

That's less pretty.

Success! No freezers or boiling water needed, just a DH who can drive a pair of pliers better than me. Thanks for your help though Polter.

I'm not sure I'm loving the nautilus though tbh. I seem to get less vapour, flavour and throat hit than the iclear. The spinner is usually set to about 4.2 and I've played with the settings. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I now have a 1.6 coil in there, I'll try it.

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 19:04:58

Yes, an iStick, it's a brilliant combination.

The other mini nautilus tank is a tad more, er, masculine, ahem wink

Ooh less than 10 posts left! Those metal nautilus tanks are very pretty.

MeganChips Mon 23-Feb-15 18:53:43

Oh that's pretty! Is that an istick? I could give that a try, thank you.

I'll report back...

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 18:50:48

you could hold the coil with your pliers/pincers and dip the drip tip end into boiling water, just the metal and the heat might expand the bit holding the coil confused

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 18:48:24

This is my actual one, you can easily see the juice through the gaps smile

MeganChips Mon 23-Feb-15 18:44:47

That looks a bit more robust, can you see to fill it ok?

Bloody coil! I wonder if putting it in the freezer will help?

PolterGoose Mon 23-Feb-15 18:35:51

I've broken the glass on one, dp broke the glass on one, I use one of the stainless steel tank bits now like the picture.

MeganChips Mon 23-Feb-15 18:27:48

Gah, I'm having problems with my nautilus. I tried to take it apart to clean it and change the coil but the coil is stuck to the upper hardware.

I've tried plier, cloths, it's not shifting and I'm scared of breaking the glass.

Any tips?

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Tue 17-Feb-15 12:28:11

Oh I'm envy at that tank, I need to start saving. again

Loving the name ideas smile

magimedi Tue 17-Feb-15 10:47:00

Love that one, Plenty

Carry On Vaping Vipers? grin

magimedi Tue 17-Feb-15 08:41:05

Am liking the carry on one grin

Allergictoironing Tue 17-Feb-15 08:02:47

Vaping Vipers carry on? (ooh err missus!)

More Vaping for Vipers?(henceforth VV mean Vaping Vipers, can't be naffed to keep typing it out!)

Miscellaneous chat for VV?

VV Coffee chat?

All rubbish I'm afraid, but may get others thinking......

magimedi Mon 16-Feb-15 22:30:15

Sounds great, Dizz.

Also love my mini nautilus on the i leaf.

This thread is about to end - any ideas for the title of the next one?

General chat for vaping vipers Part II sounds a bit lame to me.

Dizzbomb Mon 16-Feb-15 21:52:25

It.is.AMAZING.

And the best part is i didn't even pay for it. Some random on the internet bought it for me.

I have had my mini nautilus on it but i like the mini nautilus better on the eleaf istick. I currently have my other halfs kangertech subtank mini on it (Which is not mini at all its huge) BUT OMG BEST THING EVER and ive decided im going to buy the kangertech subtank nano when i have some pennies spare.

I did try it at 30watts though and thought my lungs were going to explode. I don't think i'm cut out to be a cloud chaser haha.

The battery is immense. Two days vaping at 15.5 watts and its not even half discharged.

I also discovers vapercrew, which do some gorgeous liquids. and a fantastic one called cronos by a company called mystique. It tastes like haribo to me. It is beautiful, on the expensive side online at £18 for 30ml but if you're in st helens the shop on george street in town has it for £12.

That is lovely, if a bit pink for my tastes grin

I've been waiting for the MVP3 to come out - how are you finding it?

Dizzbomb Mon 16-Feb-15 18:04:27

Check ouot my new MVP :D A thing of beauty.

Congratulations on your first Vapeversary Allergic, that's brilliant! flowers

So lovely to see all the new vapers doing so well smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.