General chat for vaping vipers.

(553 Posts)
magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 12:00:12

Hooray to getting our own space (within giving up smoking).

flowers & wine (gin) to MNHQ for giving us this space.

I'm hoping some of our most knowledgeable vapers are going to start threads about specific aspects of vaping.

<glares at *Allergic & Plenty>

MaggieMcGill Sun 15-Jun-14 00:54:37

magi, have you tried dark horse? I never got on with bacci flavours but I got this one for my mum and it was nice. tobacco but caramelly with a hint of honeycomb. ecig do it.

magimedi Sun 15-Jun-14 08:24:31

Dark horse is just too sweet for me, Maggie.

Perihelion Sun 15-Jun-14 12:24:16

Ha ha magi, mind you, I've just eaten a tatty scone, which I've declared to be too potatoey.....

I get the RY4 from premiere-cig.co.uk . It's very cheap, 30ml for £5. They also do RY5 and RY6 in their premier liquid range for 30l for £7, although, of course I've not tried them grin. Always been next day delivery too.

Plenty Kanger T2's. Replaceable top coil, easy to fill, no leaks, lovely vape.....Probably not the cheapest replacement heads at £1.50. Suits e as I'm not vaping lots of different flavours...I've only got 2 tanks I use.

Allergictoironing Sat 21-Jun-14 21:21:00

2 great things happened this week for me. Firstly I saw my gynae & told him that I've finally given up (he's been nagging me for 6 years). He was very pleased, and when he asked me how I'd managed I waved my vision spinner at him & eulogised e-cigs in general. He asked me loads of questions, and is a complete convert now to how good they are for giving up smoking grin.

Second thing is I have a cold and I'm generally a bit bunged up, a bit sniffly, sneezing a few times. That may not sound like much, but up until now if I've had a cold I've been very ill indeed - running a high temperature, unable to breathe through my nose, agonising sinus pain & sinus infections, headaches, sneezing every few minutes 24/7, unable to sleep, getting through well over a big box of tissues a day. This time I'm just mildly uncomfortable!

magimedi Sun 22-Jun-14 09:18:59

Well done for converting gynae!

Hope the cold gets better asap - I could not believe the first cold I had post quitting. It went within a week & I did not get a hacking cough & chest infection.

Allergictoironing Sun 22-Jun-14 09:32:30

Well that's another thing - I tend to get colds every month or so, but this is the first in over 4 months grin

magimedi Sun 22-Jun-14 11:22:16

Thinking about it, I reckon I've only had two colds since I gave up the stinkys - 21 months ago (as if you didn't know grin ).

Yes I've only had one cold in the last 8 months and no lingering cough - usually that goes on for weeks.

Allergic, that's brilliant about the gynae but the real questions are - was it a rainbow spinner and did he think it was pretty?

Allergictoironing Sun 22-Jun-14 19:29:37

Heh yes and yes Plenty, with a shiny yellow GS-H2 on top that matches that end of the spinner grin.

This particular gynae is a cervical cancer expert who appears to be VERY highly regarded at the hospital. He said he'd have a good look at the subject, and may well write a letter to the BMJ who seem to be anti for some reason.

Wow that's fantastic! BMA/BMJ are becoming quite isolated in their stance on ecigs. The more properly respectable medical people tell them they're wrong the better.

We've got DH's diabetes lifestyle appointment on wednesday, we may have a chance to do a bit of gentle evangelising there. In his GP appt, the dr said it was 'interesting' that he had cut down from 20 to 1 a day by using one. I'm secretly hoping the diabetes nurse will give him the oomph to ditch the last bedtime fag too.

Helloooo how is everybody this balmy friday night?

ineedausername Fri 27-Jun-14 21:09:45

lovely thanks smile How are you?
picked up our new car finally! after all the insurance bullsh*t!

Still vaping, i bought stinkies at the weekend (i was on a henny in Edinburgh) and i saw it like a treat.... Man they are disgusting!!! Back to vaping again smile
How are you? Did you see on my other thread that Grants Vanilla Custard is back on sale on monday?

magimedi Fri 27-Jun-14 22:35:52

I'm fine, thank you for asking.

It's my favourite fortnight of the year!

tennis Wimbledon! tennis

And I don't have to keep running outside for a stinky & missing great shots!

Murray to win, if you are a betting type. He's not my player of choice, but he is playing the best.

magimedi Fri 27-Jun-14 22:38:13

By 'choice' I do mean those that could leave their trainers under my bed!!

Murray's would be kicked out - but Juan Martine del Potro (not playing, owing to injury) would be a different matter.

Which leads me on to - having given up stinkys has done wonders for my libido!!

Oops, that was rude of me, asking how folks were and then buggering off blush

ineed, so pleased to hear about your car, is it lovely? Well done too on passing the finding-fags-nasty-after-a-break milestone!

magi, I don't follow the tennis (or any other sport - it's all just PE to me grin) but very pleased to hear about your libido!

We went to DH's diabetes appointment and discovered that he has really high BP as well sad Nurse asked him about smoking and he said he's on 2 a day but is planning to give up by the end of the year. Seems a looong time to me and I think he's just prolonging the agony but it's the first time I've ever heard him say he plans to stop smoking at all. He told her he was using an ecig and she said 'well if it's not working for you, make an appointment and we can prescribe some NRT - those things are not evidence based' and we both chorused 'no it's ok we'll just up the nicotine levels if it's difficult' grin

ineedausername Sat 28-Jun-14 18:52:36

Lol it was lovely, decided to go buy the new car seats and it all of a sudden started flashing and saying 'major Engine Failure'
Limped it all the way back to the garage we bought it from and they will have a look at it on Monday. Luckily they gave us a brand new one (ours is a few years old) until they figure out what's wrong.
This happened with out last car too. Had it 24h and the whole gear box thing failed and had to be replaced (by the place we bought it!)
I'm not into sports either, I watch Netflix and play the Sims instead!
Hahaha about the nurse and NRT, but so good he is actually thinking about quitting completely even if it is in 6 months smile
Have they given him anything for his BP?

Just had a dominoes with the kids. Bunch of fatties smile

God that's crap, I hope they sort it out for you (car not the dominoes).

He's not been prescribed anything yet, he has to go back to the Dr's for that (and hasn't made an appointment yet grrr). TBH I'm not sure I trust the reading. It was massively higher than the one he had a week previously and she took it over his shirt which I thought was a bit odd. We have ordered a home BP monitor so we can keep an eye. I wish he'd make the bloody doctor's appt though, I think he's gone into denial mode a bit.

Allergictoironing Sat 28-Jun-14 20:48:13

Asda do a home blood pressure kit for around a tenner grin.

Of the 6-8 health care professionals I've spoken to about vaping, only one has shown any doubt about it. And she was more concerned that I would still have a habit that I may want to give up one day - I pointed out that as it wasn't harming me & I enjoyed it, why should I?

I do like sport, but having a bit of overkill at the moment what with BBC showing Wimbledon 24/7 on both channels (yes I know it isn't really THAT much of the time but it feels like it) interspersed with World Cup football matches. Add in Channel 4 having racing on all afternoon.....

We got this one. It was important to us to get one that's clinically validated so the GP will trust our readings. Also we can upload our data to the PC and do nerdy graphs grin

9 months today! I could have done a baby in that time grin

Go me!

PolterGoose Wed 02-Jul-14 21:30:22

Well done Plenty grin

2 months here smile

OohQuack Wed 02-Jul-14 22:13:56

Hope this picture attaches properly, it's my 12mg stash that's arrived (still waiting on one delivery of vanilla and peach but they r late so don't make the group shot) we currently have at least 20 bottles of 18 & 24mg stuff to get through but I'm determined once it's gone we lower the nicotine again.

So the pic includes some flavours that I've seen ppl making a song n dance about so I hope they live upto the hype!

OohQuack Wed 02-Jul-14 22:16:47

Tut the photos upside down and tiny. Well a list of what I can remember; mothers milk, monkey jizz, snake oil, red astaire, banana yazoo strawberry milkshake, peaches and cream, I REALLY can't touch them til the others are gone sad

OohQuack Wed 02-Jul-14 22:18:54

Well done on 9m plenty!! Two n 'arf here.

PolterGoose Wed 02-Jul-14 22:21:27

Wow Quack shock that's quite a stash and a lot to look forward to smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now