General chat for vaping vipers.

(790 Posts)
magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 12:00:12

Hooray to getting our own space (within giving up smoking).

flowers & wine (gin) to MNHQ for giving us this space.

I'm hoping some of our most knowledgeable vapers are going to start threads about specific aspects of vaping.

<glares at *Allergic & Plenty>

Allergictoironing Thu 24-Apr-14 12:15:44

Who me - knowledgeable????? I just have a big mouth, and a reasonable ability to describe things in a simple way (I think). But I will start the clearo thread with that link I did the other day.

adv1cen33d3d Thu 24-Apr-14 12:17:04

I'm a fellow vaper

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 24-Apr-14 12:57:44

Congratulations on your new home flowersgrin

Great idea magi.

Raia Thu 24-Apr-14 12:58:10

Hurrah for getting our own space! wine

FarelyKnuts Thu 24-Apr-14 13:57:25

Look at this shiny new space smile

Not posting at all so I can find it again grin

I am 6 weeks stinky free. Tried one in a fit of madness last week and it was DISCUSTING!!! Like sucking a dirty ashtray into my mouth. I threw it out after two drags. I was actually glad I did try it then, it strengthened my delight in having given them the boot and becoming a vaper and stopped me romantising them into being what they are not!!

Hello! Checking in again. grin

Woohoo, this new topic is nearly as shiney as my vaping kit! grin

Thank you very very much magi for the thread in site stuff and thank you mnhq for giving us this space flowers

Welcome vapers old and new!

SoleSource Thu 24-Apr-14 14:06:44

Wheeeeeeee excited! Thank you magi and MNHQ smile

magimedi Thu 24-Apr-14 15:40:20

Farely Well done!

I tried one about a week after just vaping & had to go & spit, swill & clean teeth several times it was so vile.

Shonajay Thu 24-Apr-14 17:19:54

I hate the smell now. It's so pungent on some people, I don't know why I wasted perfume when I smoked I still stank.

EatShitDerek Thu 24-Apr-14 18:17:09

Oh isn't this fancy.

I have relapsed and been smoking real things. Haven't bought any so least still saving money grin

Think I need to change flavour and maybe I might start up again. Is it usual to give in then restart?

I think so for lots of people EatShit. Just keep counting the ones you don't smoke and you'll get there. Lots of people say it helps to change flavours two or three times a day if you're struggling.

Dwerf Thu 24-Apr-14 18:43:18

Derek I do it all the time. I would vape for a few days and then smoke for a few days. some weeks i wouldn't vape at all. Now i try to get back to vaping sooner rather than later. I've had a bad week, so i've been smoking much more, but today haven't smoked any.

Cantabile Thu 24-Apr-14 18:48:35

Oooh, isn't it fab around here? Love what you've done with the curtains.... grin

Hello everybody!

Derek, I expect it's like lots of things - there's a time when it's right for you, and a time when it's not quite. Try a different flavour, but don't beat yourself up about it. I'm still dual fuelling and started vaping in October. I just know that if I hadn't seen the first thread I'd still be on 40-50 day and now I'm not. Sometimes my fag intake is a bit higher, but mostly I'm on 5 or 6 a day. I'm happy with that as it's a darn sight better than it was. It did help that I got loads of flavours to play with.

Serotonin Thu 24-Apr-14 18:52:23

Hello all, I'm a newish vaper but am struggling to get off the smokes especially at home. my while family smokes!

but I do enjoy vaping and I think I shall get some new flavours tomorrow smile

Welcome to the shiney new section, Serotonin smile

Serotonin Thu 24-Apr-14 18:59:48

This is very exciting grin

ringsnthings Thu 24-Apr-14 19:24:08

Hi Everyone!

I`ve been smoke free for 6 weeks smile even my DH, son, nephew and sister are now vaping.

I had been trying to keep up with the previous threads and would like to thank you all for all the great info. I never thought I would be able to stop after a 40 year habit and even having watched my sister die from lung cancer 2 years ago.

I started with just the usual little kit from the local stall in the shopping centre but have been inflicted with the shinyitis from you all and I`m now using a Vamo5.. totally loving it!

Would like to start mixing my own liquid soon.

Yay that's brilliant, rings, well done! flowers

That reminds me (home mixing) - where's QueenStromba? I haven't seen her around for a bit.

Do you find the vamo hotter than expected for the settings? The same clearo (2.0 ohms) - on the MVP2 tastes good at 3.7 volts but on the vamo I use 3.1 volts or it tastes burnt confused

ringsnthings Thu 24-Apr-14 19:35:40

I had been using it at 3.0 but was`nt really tasting the flavour till I turned it up to 3.7.. very specific lol. Just using a standard Kanger on it at the moment.

Now when I switch to the little one from the kit when I`m out, I nearly have face collapse trying to get a decent draw from it. This is making me think I need a shopping accident for one to use outside that does`nt look like a weapon!

monicalewinski Thu 24-Apr-14 19:47:53

Just popping in so I can find again easily.

I lurk on the vaping threads but don't tend to post because I use the cig-a-likes so am not as hi-tec as everyone else!
I've not had a cigarette since just before Xmas, it was the original evangelical vapers thread that inspired me and I'm amazed how much more I prefer pretend smoking now (I had a couple of drags on someone else's a few weeks ago and it was awful).

Is the whole 'stop smoking' space new then? V v good idea Magi, thanks wine

Allergictoironing Thu 24-Apr-14 20:01:57

Monica if the cigalikes work for you that's fine & dandy smile. Right from day one I realised that vaping threads here were non-judgemental and there was no willy waving about who had the most complex/weirdest/geekiest kit possibly because women tend to be much less inclined to that kind of thing. There also seems to be no judging on people's reasons why they are replacing smoking with vaping, and no judgy-pants for people who are dual fuelling as Cantabile so brilliantly terms it grin.

What I WOULD say is that there are a few advantages to the refillable tank & battery type system that are worth considering. The cost savings over a cigalike are significant for very little extra hassle, the vaping itself tends to be better, and the range of liquid flavours is vast. I don't have really high tech kit, not much more than basic because it seems to suit me. I don't rebuild my coils or anything, I just throw 'em away when they die, so the only extra hassle over a cigalike for me is filling my clearo and maybe cleaning one out if I want to try a new flavour.

monicalewinski Thu 24-Apr-14 20:11:37

Willy waving grin

My husband has switched to the futuristic ones as they give him a better throat hit; I've discovered that for me it's all about the habit, so I use nucig which are the same size as normal cigarettes - I tried his and nearly choked to death! (And I smoked with gusto for 23 years).

I recommend vaping to all smokers now, I have been thoroughly assimilated!

Lora1982 Thu 24-Apr-14 20:25:47

Got the rest of my shinyitis packages in the post today im possibly too excited over the two new batteries. One has a vape counter and battery levels led and the other is black with a pink button and beautiful blue battery level lights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now