Contact

(3 Posts)
Lala1980 Mon 21-Nov-16 09:51:58

How do you facilitate contact as kids get older (they do not live locally)? With 3 DSCS all doing different activities, all having social lives and living 2 hrs away how do we make sure we maintain our relationship with them? Contact was EOW but looking to the future.

Lala1980 Tue 22-Nov-16 20:34:54

Any advice guys?

crusoe16 Wed 23-Nov-16 05:49:50

It depends on the age of the children but if they're >10 yrs or so, I guess in those circs the obvious answer is email / FaceTime / social media / telephone calls and if you can afford it, holidays when you get a solid week together every so often. I boarded in a different country to where my parents were living from the age of 12, before the age of iPads and mobiles. I saw them in the holidays but otherwise it was phone calls and letters. I sound ancient but actually I'm only 38 and it doesn't seem that long ago! I'm not suggesting it's an ideal situation but I did manage to 'maintain a relationship' with my family that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now