DD saying I love you too often to step mum?

(4 Posts)
Markb123 Fri 18-Nov-16 23:54:00

I have 3 children and my OH has 1 boy. My youngest DD (almost 7) says "I love you" and "I want hugs" to my OH lots and lots, often at E.g. meal times, when walking in the shops etc. Now that sounds good on the face of it and really we don't have that much of an issue, but just wondering if she is asking too often for affection?

Is it that she feels insecure? Or that she is insecure elsewhere (E.g. exw?)?

Anyone come across this before?

SciFiG33k Sat 19-Nov-16 19:55:05

My DSD who is 5 is the same with me. I think its just the type of kid she is. She does get a bit of seperation anxiety at times which may contribute but on the whole she is a very happy child. Apparently DSDs mum was exactly the same as a kid.

Have you spoken to DDs mum about it? is she the same with her mum? Could she just be using your OH as a substitute because her mum isn't there. This is what I think my DSD does.

As long as its not an issue for your OH I probably wouldn't about it. I'm planning to enjoy it while it lasts before the teenage years arrive smile

gettingtherequickly Sat 19-Nov-16 20:15:06

Perfectly normal, I got this from ESS when DH and I were first together, it's insecurity and she'll calm down. She just needs to know that all the adults in her life care about her.

hannahturning30 Mon 21-Nov-16 20:12:16

Sounds as though she just wants some reassurance that all the adults in her life love and care about her.
My ss is very affectionate and tactile with me, often more so than my own children! I try not to analyse why and go with the flow. If your OH and dc are ok with it I would'nt focus on it too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now