Support Needed

(9 Posts)
Needaglassofwinedotcom Tue 20-Sep-16 16:26:12

Just overheard SK's moaning about how I never do anything for them, of course I never feed them, do their washing etc etc, yeah right!! I know kids are kids, but it still hurts sad

This step parent thing is bloody tough sad

80sWaistcoat Tue 20-Sep-16 16:30:52

It is bloody hard - you get very little thanks.

Moments like that - you have a choice. Go and gather them up and do something - anything with them and remember why you like them.

Or...my usual preferred option, ring up a mate and go and do something yourself where you aren't being a step mum. And step back a bit generally.

Needaglassofwinedotcom Tue 20-Sep-16 16:45:06

Thanks 80's, I think I'll take your 2nd option and go for some me-time.

swingofthings Tue 20-Sep-16 16:59:39

once again, remember parents get the same. I too had the 'you never do anything for us' whinge. Then they come down, shift their mood and a couple of days later, I get how a wonderful mum I am, and when I challenge them on what they've said a few days before, I get 'I was just annoyed you didn't let me do X or Y'.

Kids will say things to make you feel guilty, that's how they are, you need to rise above it. You are their SM and you do your best, end of.

summercoldssuck Tue 20-Sep-16 20:56:24

Swing is right - this is a parenting issue not a step parenting one. Honestly I would take it as a compliment!

summercoldssuck Tue 20-Sep-16 20:56:27

Swing is right - this is a parenting issue not a step parenting one. Honestly I would take it as a compliment!

lookluv Wed 21-Sep-16 08:50:17

Not a step parenting issue -my 2 say - you always ask us to do your work, eg, pick up their mess, clean wash, clothes, prepare meals etc etc.

I laugh they are 6 and 9 - they do get made to celar their mess but the rest- yeah right -they do it all.

One of my worst crimes, is making them writing thank you notes - over heard the eldest tell best friend, my mum tortures us by making us write thank you letters instead of doing it herself. best friend response was - what are those!!!

Starryeyed16 Wed 21-Sep-16 08:52:49

How old are they ? swing is right kids have no understanding the sacrifices and what we actually do for them.

Wdigin2this Wed 21-Sep-16 09:15:24

God, kids are bloody awful little ctitters aren't they? I sometimes wonder why any of us bother!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now