Cafcass drug test for mum, what will this mean?

(4 Posts)
Rosewine72 Wed 27-Jul-16 11:02:26

Not sure if this is the right place to post but after numerous problems with my partners ex effecting us and the children, it is now going to court in September. The mum is suspected to be on coccaine and cafcass have suggested she has a drug test and a mental health assessment. The agreement at the moment is 50/50 custody but she doesn't stick to this one week she can't have them this night or that because of something another week, they prefer to live with her all the time and she wants full custody , then games start so my dp has had enough. However I'm wondering what will happen if the drug test is positive , will she be even allowed to have her kids? We've already said between us we would have them full time but I know my dp in particular is worried they would miss her as obviously they love her unconditionally and also they would hate us I guess. Just want to know people's opinions?

CannotEvenDeal Wed 27-Jul-16 11:38:33

Maybe try posting this under legal matters re: drug test. I don't think contact would cease completely with her on that basis alone but I suppose it would go in you and your dp's favour re: residence.

Also, I don't mean to sound harsh but I wouldn't give a toss if my child was missing their other parent and hated me but a drug test had come back positive... one cannot outweigh the other in my mind. Especially something hard-core like Class A.

What I mean is that the dc could live with you two but have contact with mum. You'd both have to explain to them how much you love them and eventually they'll hopefully realise that you just wanted what was best for them.

Good luck.

Rosewine72 Wed 27-Jul-16 12:21:22

No your not being harsh at all cannotevendeal I agree, it's my dp that feels bad about this. However I remember watching a programe a while back and children who were being abused by their parent/parents still loved their parent and wanted to be with them but obviously needed to be for their own safety ! But I still would feel sad for them and quite happy to have them full time

Lovemusic33 Mon 08-Aug-16 08:32:08

Hi, we are in a similar situation but with class B drugs, we are awaiting social services to decide where the kids go, at the moment we are not in the situation to take them ( we need a bigger house ), we haven't got a clue what will happen, if social services will remove them or not. She has refused drug tests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now