I want to scream

(8 Posts)
Absnjo Thu 07-Jan-16 16:53:38

So I am new thank you for any advice!
So I have a stepson who is 17 and a royal nightmare he has issues with anger and sexual promiscuity and stuff so we have decided to take him to a psychologist, NHS waiting list is 3 months so we have gone private!
At over £80 a pop!
We live next door to DH mum and dad and they insist on taking him to his appointments everytime.
I think it should be DH and me but DH says his dad just thinks he is helping I disagree I think they are interfering, when we get there he insists on waiting for the whole hour and driving him back yet we have our car is it me or does anyone else find FILs behaviour strange?
DH thinks there's nothing wrong.

Twitterqueen Thu 07-Jan-16 16:58:07

I don't see anything wrong with this. They are obviously trying to help. Are you able to take him to every appointment? If so, and this is what you would prefer, then you should tell them.

However, I do think you should ask your DSS! He's old enough to decide for himself.

mrssmith79 Thu 07-Jan-16 17:10:01

Why? Do you feel like you're missing out on something?
It's only a lift.

pasanda Thu 07-Jan-16 17:16:22

My ds goes to a private psychotherapist. It is half an hour drive away and £60 a pop. If someone offered to take him there and wait for the hour, then bring them back I would kiss them!!

What are you worrying about? confused

DiamondBlue1974 Thu 07-Jan-16 18:46:11

I'm a Dad and can only give my perspective but this does sound rather helpful of your parents in law. Is dad going with them?

The most important thing should be him dealing with his psychosexual issues and any underlying anger. How he does that or who facilitates that process is irrelevant unless there's a safeguarding issue.

usual Thu 07-Jan-16 18:50:04

They are just giving him a lift, If your DH and DSS don't have a problem with it, then you need to butt out.

Wdigin2this Thu 07-Jan-16 23:21:21

Don't get to involved...it could come back and bite you, as I know only too well!

PaleBlueDottie Fri 08-Jan-16 13:48:58

Ah, so when he gets 'better' you want the credit of 'fixing' him? By paying £80 and also taking him there and back?

Agree with pp, ask dss. Have you asked him who he wants to take him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now