DSC's circs changed!

(10 Posts)
Wdigin2this Sun 07-Jun-15 12:12:42

Not really looking for advice, just having a bit of a rant! DSC is divorcing, and whilst I'm ready for DH and I to help with practicalities/advice etc, I'm dreading the inevitable financial meltdown which will ensue, and which we will be expected to resolve. It's stared already with requests for large sums of money, trouble is DH has always, and will always pick up the tab! Ah well, here we go again!!!

Savethesm Sun 07-Jun-15 18:28:31

We always preferred when ex had a partner. It's shit that someone else's family breakdown will be your problem.

Wdigin2this Sun 07-Jun-15 20:24:40

Tell me about it, we've been here before!! I can honestly say, the only problems/arguments DH and I have, are connected with his total inability to refuse his (grown) DC anything! It's so depressing!

FeelTheNoise Sun 07-Jun-15 22:18:36

Oh no, it hadn't occurred to me that this might continue long into the adult years hmm

Wdigin2this Sun 07-Jun-15 23:49:40

Oh yes FeelTheNoise!! When I met DH, his DC were late teens, as were mine and I could see pretty early on that he was a DisneyDad, and would always say yes to everything rather than be the bad guy, especially with one of the DC....but I was hooked by then!!! We've discussed these problems, but it's the usual head in the sand attitude, 'if I ignore them the problems will go away'...well many years later, they haven't gone away, and they never will! It's a shame because in every other aspect of our lives, things are fantastic!

FeelTheNoise Tue 09-Jun-15 12:44:27

Oh good grief! We have gotten better as a team, so the Disneying has reduced... I just stopped getting stressed about it, and would quietly comment that she must be so pleased every time she is being treated, and that sunk in, because clearly DSD is not pleased, she expects to be spoiled and that's not nice wink

HormonalHeap Tue 09-Jun-15 13:23:35

Wdigin2this your post is like looking into my future life. As said before, your dh could be mine's brother. Dh's ability to only ever say yes is also the only thing we argue about, but it causes so much resentment on my part. My step 'children' are late teens/early 20's, are not capable of sorting anything out for themselves whatsoever, and the ones who work full-time are not even allowed to pay their own mobile phone bills.

I'm just waiting for the future eye-watering sums involved in their future 'ventures' or divorces. I can just see my ss saying to dh a few years down the line: "My Wife fancies a bigger house.. what u gonna do about it?"

Is this the 2nd divorce your dh is expected to stump up for?

CandyLane Tue 09-Jun-15 14:49:45

I suppose being skint can have its benefits at times, I might pretend to all our children that we're living in poverty forever lol

Wdigin2this Wed 10-Jun-15 00:26:49

Hormonal, yes I think they may be 'brothers different mothers', haha...and yes it is number 2!!!!

Wdigin2this Wed 10-Jun-15 00:53:52

Candy, if I thought we could get away with it, and that they'd actually believe it...I'd pretend we were bankrupt!!! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now