In your opinion

(11 Posts)
Bahh Sun 07-Jun-15 11:01:57

Is it weird to light fancy candles for a four year olds bath?

Lolimax Sun 07-Jun-15 11:03:24

Yes!

L0gLady Sun 07-Jun-15 11:17:14

Weird. I can see why someone might think they'd do it to try and ingratiate themselves with a child, something fun, like playing at being grown up, but it's totally off the mark.

Bahh Sun 07-Jun-15 11:28:20

Aha!

I had been thinking about it for a little while but as soon as I posted it I talked myself down and decided I was being silly and would be told as much.

But that's good that it's not just me.

Obviously the intention behind it is good, they smell nice and he obviously thinks it adds something.

But it's just a little bit off, isn't it? Something you'd do for an adult, in a romantic relationship imo. Just made me feel a bit weird and I couldn't place why.

ImperialBlether Sun 07-Jun-15 11:31:56

You're overthinking this. It's a candle, nothing more, nothing less.

PotteringAlong Sun 07-Jun-15 11:34:34

I wouldn't do it but my children are bonkers vas would try to set fire to the plastic ducks.

claraschu Sun 07-Jun-15 11:40:12

Kids are sensitive to atmosphere. Candles are nice. What's the problem?

longlistofexlovers Sun 07-Jun-15 11:40:18

I just wouldn't want my 4 year old near fire! Nothing more, nothing less.

Bahh Sun 07-Jun-15 11:41:22

I am known for that Imperial

As stated, I just found it a bit weird claraschu

Wdigin2this Sun 07-Jun-15 11:58:24

So who was planning the candles, you, but you've thought better of it...or someone else and you thought it was odd? I think it's odd, kids of that age like playing in the bath, splashing about, not a good idea around lit candles!

crossroads15 Sun 07-Jun-15 18:49:34

I have candles around my bath. For me. Sometimes the kids ask me to light them when they're in my bath and I do coz, why not? Do I routinely light candles for my kids' baths? Hell no. But I don't really see a problem with it either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now