Well, it's that time again.

(30 Posts)
TheMumsRush Fri 09-May-14 16:55:12

Time for me to be in the wrong and made to feel like a stranger. That's all

TheMumsRush Mon 26-May-14 09:39:12

Kids are 7 & 13, I haven't messed up this weekend and we had an extra night! mostly due to some major detaching and I'm leaving it to DH now so he can't jump to their defence.

TheMumsRush Mon 26-May-14 09:39:37

What did you do shey?

Petal02 Mon 26-May-14 10:04:52

Ah, the joys of a Bank Holiday access weekend! I don't miss those ....

shey02 Tue 27-May-14 10:00:50

Given that when dp has his EOW's, his dc are reluctant to do anything that he wants to do, especially if it involves us... I sucked it up as we had a special event (so I thought it would be nice if we were together for a change) and invited them all overnight to us by imessage (we have the space). I know it may sound silly, but because I feel pushed out and rejected alot of the time, it takes alot to ask that.

So this was completely ignored, completely. They turn up for me to cook them all dinner and I guess he must have sensed that I was disappointed or felt it really quite rude to not even acknowledge my invitation. Resulted in an argument because he 'asked them', they said no obv. and I was like it's fine. I wont' bother asking again. Might have been nice and totally diffused the situation if he'd only acknowledged or thanked me for my invitiation and said something like I'd love to, but you know what they're like or something, we'll do it soon or whatever... I'm not asking for massive gestures, just one thoughtful sentence would have make me feel ok and not too rejected. Instead what I got was oh, this again, can't you just get over that, they said they wanted family time. I'm trying not to think about the more deep rooted implications here which is that he has his life just the way he wants it. And I'm starting to worry that this is how it's always going to be.

shey02 Tue 27-May-14 10:04:10

Thinking maybe I should start having 'family time' with my dc. See how he likes that, him being on his own for a change and feeling pushed out. But I guess that would be a bit childish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now