Book recommendations please!

(9 Posts)
WestEast Mon 12-May-14 20:06:33

Awesome, cheers everyone! Am off to have a google smile

doziedoozie Sun 11-May-14 12:56:09

I have just read Lessons for Step mothers by Geeta Maheshwari. It is a short book but pulls no punches and has tips for most of the more common problems but I am not a step parent so perhaps not a good judge, but I liked that she doesn't pussyfoot around the issues.

brdgrl Fri 09-May-14 21:31:21

I read that one, Seashell. Another similar novel is The Second Wives Club, by Jane Moore.

Seashell78 Fri 09-May-14 21:28:59

I have the above mentioned books but haven't gotten into them yet.

To help kickstart my stepmother journey I read the novel 'the stepmothers' support group' by Sam Baker.

brdgrl Fri 09-May-14 21:28:25

Stepcoupling by Susan Wisdom.
Here is website for it too, with reviews etc. www.stepcoupling.com/

MeridianB Fri 09-May-14 14:54:21

Hi WestEast

I bought 'How to be a Happy Step Mum' by Dr Lisa Doodson and also 'The Step Parent's Parachute' by Flora McEvedy. Both are helpful.

I remember reading the first few pages of the Lisa Doodson book and thinking 'Aaaaaah, so it's not just me -these feelings are completely normal..'

Good luck!

thebluehen Fri 09-May-14 13:37:36

Reading this forum has probably been the most helpful thing in my step parenting life.

I would also recommend step monster although my step kids are a lot older than yours.

Lisa Doodson also has a good book and does workshops and one to one sessions.

How often will you have your dsd with you?

SeeleyBooth Fri 09-May-14 12:40:32

Stepmonster by Wednesday Martin is well worth a read.

WestEast Fri 09-May-14 12:01:22

Hello all, I'm after some book recommendations please!
Basically I'm a natural worrier and will be soon moving in with DP. Get on with his DD(5) and her mum really well, but I feel like a good book that I can peruse at leisure and refer back to with the multitude of SM related worries I generate might be a good idea!
So, anyone read any good ones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now