Quote about stepparenting. Funny, but true!

(4 Posts)
wrinklyraisin Thu 05-Dec-13 13:11:39

Lmao... I have a dog and two cats, one of the cats is actually dsd's but because she hardly does anything with her, the cat prefers me too. It's good, I need animal therapy sometimes to cope with being a stepmum.

LittleOwlie Mon 02-Dec-13 18:00:44

Oh my goodness! I totally love the quote. My DSC do love me and tell me lots. But they're not my babies...whereas my dog is absolutely my puppy baby. grin

glasscompletelybroken Mon 02-Dec-13 17:34:08

I can really relate to this. I have been known to ask my DH what it's actually like to be everyone's favourite person in our house! (as opposed to no-ones!)

benid Mon 02-Dec-13 14:16:06

Hee. I read an interview with Delia Ephron the other week and have been trying to remember this quote.. Just googled it again and it came up on the Daily Mail website.

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-2442629/How-romcom-queen-stole-sisters-best-lines-SISTER-MOTHER-HUSBAND-DOG-ETC-BY-DELIA-EPHRON.html

"...even canine sceptics will warm to her tip for step-parents: ‘Rush right out and get yourself a dog. Because it’s very nice to have someone in the house that loves you.’"

I have 2 dogs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now