Is there a helpful book for my situation?

(2 Posts)
bellastella Fri 15-Nov-13 22:03:59

Hi, this is my first post on this board, not sure why I haven't popped over sooner smile
I have 3 DS aged 15, 6 and 2. All have different dads. Eldest and youngest see their dads every other weekend. Middle has never had contact.
I've met someone new and we've been seeing each other for 5 months. Currently all is going well. He's expressed an interest in being a good friend to all but maybe a little more dad-like to DS2 as time goes on.
DS2 has already had DS3's dad in his life, first wanting to be his dad and then dropping him instantly when we split at his instigation. So naturally I'm feeling an amount of caution is needed.
Does anyone have any advice on how to go about things? Has anyone read anything that sounds a bit similar? Or anything at all relevant? From either my perspective or my new partners? I'd like a guide book really, entitled "how not to fuck it up!" grin

patricia1974 Mon 30-Dec-13 08:39:25

Hello Bella Stella, I have been in a situation almost identical to this, Its so hard for all of you and the children, At least your man is showing an interest, I would recommend you stay in control and put your foot down when you have to, not sure there is a book on it, I wish there was too smile
good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now