ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

DSD coming for the night after 14 weeks...

(10 Posts)
louby44 Fri 08-Nov-13 19:09:06

Well after our awful holiday and the fall out since, my 2 DSD are coming tomorrow afternoon for 24 hours!

Their grandparents are also coming, whom they haven't seen since July. The eldest DSD15 is bringing her friend - which isn't ideal but we've just gone along with it this time! Her dad has asked her to make sure she is 'present' with the adults for at least some of her time here, as she tends to slink off when she has a friend over.

So I've got 5 kids and 4 adults (inc myself) to cater for, sort out beds etc etc. Wonder what time I can hit the wine on Sat?

Still early days but at least they're coming and they've agreed to come on holiday next year too!

allnewtaketwo Fri 08-Nov-13 21:07:07

Good luck! Holiday next year, you're a glutton for punishment grin

CountryGal13 Fri 08-Nov-13 21:34:41

Good luck! Really hope it goes well for you! X

louby44 Fri 08-Nov-13 22:00:59

Thanks! Holiday was already booked before we went on this years.

elliebellys Fri 08-Nov-13 22:42:12

Louby whats happened regarding ss nd councilling?

louby44 Fri 08-Nov-13 23:03:25

My DP hasn't heard anything from social services so we take it that they aren't seeing this as a priority.

We don't know if they questioned the girls at school. DSD14 has been having counselling at school for a while now but DSD15, who knows?

DP is on good terms with his ex now and speaks to her weekly (or more) and she has told him that whenever the girls and her argue and she attempts to parent them firmly they threaten her with social services!! wtf???

These girls just astound me more and more!

elliebellys Fri 08-Nov-13 23:31:54

Its good to hear that they are on better terms..hopefully things might start improving,but not good that they use ss as a threat.good luck with tomorrow:-)

TheMumsRush Tue 12-Nov-13 08:15:58

Hi louby, how did it go? It's nice to see things are getting back to normal (hopefully)

louby44 Tue 12-Nov-13 18:56:11

It went really well. The friend didn't come in the end.

When they walked in they both hugged me!! Shock! Horror! I was a bit taken aback!

They were chatty(ish) for teens and pleasant - these are the girls I remember!

They even got up at 12 o clock (early for them) on Sunday.

DP asked them if we were seeing them before Christmas and they both said yes.

I don't think we'll ever get back to the EOW that we used to have - but that may have stopped anyway, DSD2 is 16 in March so lots of changes next year for her.

So huge sigh of relief and I hope we have ALL learned something from this.

TheMumsRush Tue 12-Nov-13 20:04:48

That's so good to hear x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now