Help, support please :(

(5 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Thu 10-Oct-13 11:46:40

Struggling today, had a bad few days with 2 dss who live with us full time. One dss (9) doesn't think rules apply to him. This morning I had the usual fighting, screaming then crying between the 2, so separate them in different rooms and then find the other one (6) drawing on the carpet - i lost it at that point. Sometimes I just want my quiet life back, I seem to be turning into a horrible shouty stressed monster sad

BeScarefulWhatYouWitchFor Thu 10-Oct-13 12:55:40

Deep breaths and relax. You are not horrible, nor are you a monster I've got shouty in the past when my two were younger, it happens when you're stressed and they're constantly pushing boundaries.

Where is your DH/P in all of this. What does he do when his DC are behaving badly, does he discipline them/back you up if you do? Or is he a Disney dad who is constantly making excuses?

FedupofTurkey Thu 10-Oct-13 13:53:22

He works long hours but he does back me up. Just needed to rant

lunar1 Thu 10-Oct-13 14:21:29

I think you are allowed to be snouty when they draw in the carpet, don't be too hard in yourself.

BeScarefulWhatYouWitchFor Thu 10-Oct-13 16:19:55

Sorry, not ignoring you I had to go out.

I agree with lunar1 don't be too hard on yourself. My two used to drive me to distraction at times. Rant away, it helps to vent sometimes smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now