Life insurance

(55 Posts)
emilyeggs Tue 25-Jun-13 21:00:06

My DH has just informed me that if he was to die he would want his children to get a lump sum, even if this means our ds and I having to sell the family home. He has ds 12 dd6, we have ds 24 wks. He keeps going on about his his ex has to care fit his kids but I try to point out she won't loose get home. I need some perspective. He said if I'm that worried I should put on insurance plane to cover ds and I

LookingForwardToMarch Wed 26-Jun-13 14:34:36

Totally agree with that, he doesn't trust you to do the right thing.

So prove him wrong. Do the right thing by taking your half and walking away now.

But then Im a bit trigger happy...

emilyeggs Wed 26-Jun-13 15:11:39

He has a life insurance policy but it won't cover any mortgage we may be getting and he now realises other safe guards will have to be put in place. We have spoken a bit more (we are both new to all this so didn't really know our options) and I told him about the trust fund option mentioned earlier and he likes the sound of that. He doesn't want anyone to loose out (including ds.) His ex gf isn't the problem, he just wants the kids looked after. To be honest, he is under a lot of stress at the moment and I think it's all getting to him.

allnewtaketwo Wed 26-Jun-13 16:28:07

Hmm you're being very lenient on him Emily. Listen to catsmother.

FacebookAnonymous Wed 26-Jun-13 22:39:44

Is this a life insurance policy that he paid into before he met you or when we was with his Ex ?

Tigresswoods Wed 26-Jun-13 22:43:35

Such a simple situation so messed up. I bet this life cover isn't in trust anyway so it's all pointless discussing this mythical situation.

Get advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now