WWYD? CSA arrears payment?

(28 Posts)
NotaDisneyMum Fri 29-Mar-13 13:17:06

The CSA have finally sorted out DPs CSA assessment based on his first job after 12 months of unemployment- it's taken 4 months, during which time ex hasn't been receiving anything (despite DP suggesting they enter into a private arrangement, when he was unemployed, she insisted on sticking with the CSA so that "she gets what she is entitled to".
There is an arrears to pay - which DP can negotiate to pay off in instalments or pay as a lump-sum (on my credit card which we'll pay off over a few months).

I've suggested that he ask his ex which she would prefer him to do - whether she wants the lump sum, or would prefer a bit more every month for the next few months.

Has anyone else involved their DSC mum in this decision?

IneedAsockamnesty Sat 30-Mar-13 21:47:17

NADM.

Instalments will probably be better for her as well.

But can I just say (I'm sure it was you unless I'm mixing you up with another poster of I am I'm sorry.) but I have been massively impressed at how much you have changed the way you think about the ex,its really very positive ad I admire you greatly for making that effort flowers

ivykaty44 Sat 30-Mar-13 22:37:45

olibean - are all the facts in this thread?

NotaDisneyMum Sun 31-Mar-13 12:42:35

ivy I'm pretty sure all the facts are there - although some posters are obviously unfamiliar with the CSA maintenance procedures and therefore assumed that I owed the arrears.
Hopefully, that misunderstanding has been resolved now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now