Would you leave you dc on Mother's Day?

(9 Posts)
Petal02 Mon 11-Mar-13 15:58:58

Good point purpleroses - if life already involves lots of complicated logistics between two houses, trying to accommodate Mother's Day could be simply too difficult. In the past, if ever DSS had reduced time with us, we'd have to make it up the following week. This is one of the reasons we never tried to factor mothers or Father's Day into the access rota.

purpleroses Mon 11-Mar-13 15:48:28

I spent yesterday with DSC who were with us as usual for the weekend, and not with their own mother. Meanwhile my own DCs were with their dad, as it was his weekend. I think both my ex and DP would have allowed DCs to spend the day with their mothers if requested, but there's enough things making life complicated already juggling time between two houses so I don't think anyone feels the need to alter things just for mothers day.

My DCs gave me a phone call, and DSC took a card home with them to their mum in the evening, so no I don't think your DSS's mum was uncaring to go away. She may not even have realised when mothers day was when she arranged to go away.

Petal02 Mon 11-Mar-13 13:25:04

My DSS only used to spend Mother's Day with his Mum if the rota stated it was one of "her" weekends.

theredhen Mon 11-Mar-13 13:19:54

I think it depends on how you view Mother's Day. It's a very important day for some mums who absolutely couldn't be without their kids in this day, for others it's just another day or a day for themselves, having a day "off" from the kids.

UC Mon 11-Mar-13 13:00:02

I don't see the problem either. Presume DSS was with you for the weekend. My DSs were with their dad this weekend, I didn't see them, but they made a card and rang me to say happy mothers' day.

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Mar-13 12:17:07

Don't see the problem myself.

chazbomb Mon 11-Mar-13 12:14:25

I think he just felt a bit miffed that she had gone away without him onto hers day as he would have liked to spend it with her.

flurp Mon 11-Mar-13 12:07:02

Mother's Day is for mothers, not kids.
My kids wouldn't be bothered if I went away for mothers day, and I wouldn't mind if my Mum did as long as she was happy.
It's not like its their day is it?

chazbomb Mon 11-Mar-13 12:05:12

Felt a bit sorry for DSS yesterday as his mum went away for the weekend with her new DH, is it just me? I wouldn't want to leave my ds's on Mother's Day if I could help it! Or aibu?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now