New man with kids.

(2 Posts)
Tubegirl Sun 10-Mar-13 15:14:20

Hi, how old are the children OP? I gained 3 teenage step daughters when I married my XP.

superstarheartbreaker Sat 09-Mar-13 21:47:56

I love my new man and he has two georgeous children but I am freaking out a bit and wondering how to play it. He sees them three times a week and is very hands on which is what has attracted me to him in nthe first place among other qualities. I have had them round a couple of times for tea and they get on well with my dd. I guess what is freaking me out is that if the relationship goes further then I will be pretty much commited to living in this area for the next 18 years. I do like my area but there are few jobs and I do fancy a change in the future. I guess i want to have options. I also feel a bit freaked out about my role. Apparently their mum has said that they aren't allowed to call me mum and I wholeheartedly agree with her as they have a real mum. I know this seems premature as we are in the new bf/gf stage but these are all factors I have to consider. I find parenting 1 tough; will I be expected to parent 3?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now