BIke info please

(4 Posts)
SarfEast1cated Sun 17-Apr-16 18:18:23

Hello sporty people - I'm not really like you, but I am trying to be smile was always picked last in netball.

My DD has just started riding her bike confidently and DH and I are thinking about getting some bikes so we can go out for trips at weekends. We live in London so aren't looking for rugged off road bikes, just something comfortable!

Can you recommend any makes? The last bike I owned was a Raleigh shopper - so my knowledge is a little rusty. I saw this lovely objet d'art but it's a bit too expensive for me - looking to spend about £150 tops.

what do you think?

lljkk Sun 17-Apr-16 19:26:17

you won't get quality new bikes for £150.
2nd hand might be ok, but have to research carefully.
Pashleys are heavy fwiw.

SarfEast1cated Sun 17-Apr-16 20:24:07

I found a Decathalon one for £84 but it doesn't look very comfy... Thanks for putting me off of the Pashley - by bank account thanks you too... lljkk

lljkk Mon 18-Apr-16 10:06:04

Keen cyclists refer to cheap bikes as "bicycle shaped objects" (BSOs). I know we're snooty about it, but just keep in mind that for that budget you might be looking at starter bikes, tasters to see if you'd like more, not something that you'll enjoy after the first 100 miles of use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now