karate for 3-4yr olds

(6 Posts)
Travie Sat 26-Mar-16 10:55:29

Want to find a Karate club for a 3yr9mth old boy, to give him discipline, routine and to toughen him up a little. Needs to be in the area of EN5(London). So if anyone knows of anyone who teaches Karate to this age group would much appreciate details ASAP. Don't know if I've done this right as its first time on this website.

ineedamoreadultieradult Sat 26-Mar-16 11:01:38

They normally want them to be 5 to start karate. Not saying you won't find one but just managing your expectations.

Travie Thu 31-Mar-16 21:20:26

Thank you for your response X

BikeRunSki Thu 31-Mar-16 21:27:17

DS wanted to do Karate ehen he was 5, but we could find nowhere that would take him under 6. There was a local (Yorkshire, not London) martial arts academy place that did a sort of mash up exercise/generic martial arts/gym/soft play kids class called "Little Ninjas" that he went to a few times.

massistar Thu 14-Apr-16 14:50:37

Same here.. Karate tends to start at 5/6. My kids do jujitsu which is a mixed martial art and I'd say it's more suitable (and more fun) than karate for little ones.

doineedhelp Mon 18-Apr-16 14:24:57

Try looking on UK taekwondo website, my son goes to active tigers 5-8 year olds but they have little tiger cub classes from 3-5.. my ds loves it 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now