Which Fitbit should I get/avoid?

(4 Posts)
fishfortea Sat 05-Sep-15 19:43:06

I am seriously thinking of getting a Fitbit, more for fun but I am desperately trying to lose weight through diet and exercise and need every little bit of encouragement.

What do I need to know?

holeinmyheart Sat 05-Sep-15 22:20:51

I have a Fitbit that I use through my iPad and iphone. It also monitors my sleep pattern. I just bought the basic one. It has no display on it like a clock so I have to look at my iPhone or iPad to check on how I am doing.
If there is no internet connection because I am somewhere remote then I can't check.
You can set your goals. I set myself 10,O00 steps a day but you can set it to distance instead. It tells me how many calories I have used up. You can set it to monitor how many calories a day you allow yourself to have ( I got my limit from a nutritionist) and how many are left , based upon your exercise.

I then went out walking with friends and they had the version with a display. It would also plot their route and as we went along it told them how may miles we had walked. So I wished I had bought the more expensive one.

They do take some setting up though. So you could do with being computer literate.
It does have an effect on me as I walk up stairs to register more steps, etc. so I think they are worth having.

fishfortea Sun 06-Sep-15 08:52:11

Thanks for that, I was thinking along those lines about the one with the display.

NickNacks Sun 06-Sep-15 08:56:19

I have a fitbit charge and really like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now