Recommend some Yoga DVDs or YouTube tutorials to me?

(8 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Thu 21-Nov-13 19:43:14

My back gets worse and worse, really struggling with stiffness.

Thought some yoga might help. Any recommendations of good beginner type stuff which isn't too "out there hippyish" would be fab please.

Talkinpeace Thu 21-Nov-13 20:35:42

you are much best off going to a class as then the teacher can check your posture from all around

VivaLeBeaver Fri 22-Nov-13 08:44:30

Probably but I have a major lack of time. Live in the sticks and would have to travel ages for a class.

I've done a Pilates class before and also used to go to a special back pain class run by a physio where we did loads of yoga moves under guidance. I've got a sheet of those poses still but am just never motivated enough to run through it. grin

I was thinking trying to do a DVD every day might be a kick up the bum for me.

Talkinpeace Fri 22-Nov-13 16:45:23

there were some ideas on here

and Jillian Michaels has some yoga stuff online ...
also, if you look at some of the yoga groups on FB, the teachers link to their youtube streams

heritagewarrior Fri 22-Nov-13 16:57:00

Have you got an iPad or tablet? The Yoga Studio app is brilliant - I do a class as well, but use this at home. It's not free but worth the (small) investment IMO!

VivaLeBeaver Fri 22-Nov-13 19:23:35

Thanks both. I've got an ipad so will check the app out as well as YouTube.

MarianForrester Sat 23-Nov-13 19:12:51

I also live in the sticks, and have just bought this DVD

I have done it a couple of times, and am quite pleased. It's quite quiet and concentrating-y, but seems good.

foxinorangesocks Sun 05-Jan-14 08:36:44

Rodney yee is very good at clear instructions for beginners, the yoga for every day (or something like that!) DVD is very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now