ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Starting karate at 42!

(5 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Fri 23-Aug-13 18:59:21

My dcs do karate and I'd like to do it too.

An I being daft?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 24-Aug-13 17:59:20

Don't think so at all Winky. My DC go and lots of parents go to the club. In fact they did their grading the other night and dd, aged 6, was with a 9yo, a 10yo and a woman who looked in her 40s.

Think it looks great, the only thing stopping me is that on the nights mine go, the other DC are doing other activities and I spend all night ferrying them around.

sengokukarate Fri 01-Nov-13 16:11:54

we have lots of parents starting with their children and all joining in together. Often the children start and then parents join at a later date once the children have graded. This often makes the children feel really important because they for once are the "senior" grade and have to teach mum or dad what to do.

Claggis Sat 02-Nov-13 09:11:37

Go for it, martial arts can be brilliant! Dont advise you train / partner up with your children though, as that puts a different dimension into it and you'll find it harder to concentrate on what you are supposed to be learning. Hope you enjoy it (and dont be put off if it's hard work, that means it's goid for you) ;-)

Hotbot Sat 02-Nov-13 09:33:56

No, dh does it with dd, and hopefully ds soon.
I will have 2 hrs me time when they go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now