American Football - anyone interested in joining a rolling thread for the 2013/2014 season?

(4 Posts)
TheEyeofHarmony Wed 27-Nov-13 18:15:47

Last Sundays game, Pats Vs Broncos was just amazing.

My team are the Dolphins, I know, have followed them forever and they have always disappointed but what can you do.

Haven't done fantasy team wouldn't know where to start.

Earlybird Sat 17-Aug-13 16:03:03

I understand. I have exactly the same sentiments about cricket - not my thing at all, and am baffled at those who enjoy it!

TweenageAngst Sat 17-Aug-13 15:59:22

I saw my first ever American football game 2 weeks ago. BC Lions in Vancouver. I have to say it was baffling!!! It took nearly 4 hours to play 4 quarters, the whole team seemed to change over with another one waiting on the sidelines every couple of minutes and the whole thing was inter-spaced with a troop of barely dressed orange girls doing a little dance.
It was not an experience I want to repeat! Baseball on the other-hand....
Sorry Enjoy your season.

Earlybird Sat 17-Aug-13 15:52:08

Sign in here, along with the team you support! What do you think of your team's prospects this year? Did the team make any changes that will likely change their performance/season?

Also, would welcome any fantasy football thoughts - if you're in a league, who you're drafting, etc.

I'll start:

Earlybird
* Tennessee Titans. Much improved offensive line (through draft and free agency) should allow RB Chris Johnson to have a stellar year. Should also take the pressure off QB Jake Locker so he can develop more game experience and confidence (and hopefully, accuracy!).

* My fantasy football draft is in two weeks, so am studying hard on who to target. Thinking RB first, followed by QB, then WR, then TE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now