BelfastBloke's Rolling Footie Thread 2013-14 Season

(475 Posts)
Pan Sat 17-Aug-13 12:04:18

The rolling Football thread for Season '13-14 might as well start off in the traditional way with the same intro as did the original rolling Football thread all those seasons ago. But with the new tradition of leaving the musty changing room of Dadsnet...
We've been top heavy with premiership stuff but it's really for any footie played on the planet and beyond.

Footie fans please sign in with

1.Which team you support.
2.Which team(s) you loathe.
3.How you are getting your kids to follow the correct team.
4. A thought on the season (Premiership/Championship/Champions’ League/FA Cup/League Cup/all leagues world wide.)

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Wed 21-Aug-13 21:59:11

Mad not MAS

BelfastBloke Wed 21-Aug-13 22:00:19

Although it does seem you're drawing more ManUre out of the woodwork than I managed in previous seasons.

Pan Wed 21-Aug-13 22:11:58

I am merely a prince.

Yes, it's odd/good to see Moyseyboyz coming out.

Last I saw was 0-3 in Turkey.

And Chelski stole 3 pts. Maybe Holloway had a point at the weekend re big clubs..

Pan Wed 21-Aug-13 22:17:30

Just - I don't know. We have a massively strong squad, back 4 and goalie look solid again ( so long as Danny stays up front), and there is intense competition all around the park. I'd be optimistic about the title, and esp so if Rooney grows up a bit and realises he isn't a wunderkind anymore.

BelfastBloke Wed 21-Aug-13 22:25:25

I'd take FatGrannyShagger any day, at this stage. I wonder if Moyes would sell him to Arsenal, given that we're not really a threat to the title?

Better him than BiteyRacist.

BelfastBloke Wed 21-Aug-13 22:31:42

Hey Pan, for some reason I am unable to respond to PMs in my MN inbox. Trying to work it out.

Pan Wed 21-Aug-13 22:36:39

ah - that could be, at least for me, a change in my account - BT are closing non-BT internet types from their roster - I've had to change all stuff on line, incl here.I have no idea about the science but it's messed up a few things for me. Ill PM you with my gmail addy if that's ok.

Yes Pan, that's me! grin

Pan Sat 24-Aug-13 11:34:09

If anyone is willing to follow the fortunes of a 'pity club' (and there's a few candidatesgrin) have a follow of Coventry City? Relegated last year to League One and given a 10pt deficit as a 'welcome to the new season' pressie for feck ups by the clubs money people, they are now 5pts from 'safety'. They also have the ignominy of having to play home games at Northampton Town's ground. My CC buddy predicted this sort of scenario a couple of years ago and I said 'oh chill, nothing like that is going to happen...'

BelfastBloke Sun 25-Aug-13 18:30:42

Well done Cardiff City, beating Man Citeh 3-2. What an epic last 20!

Pan Mon 26-Aug-13 19:53:06

R5Live in the garden. Absent-mindedly prunning herbs....

Well I am going on a tour of Anfield Stadium this week. What a treat. confused

Pan Mon 26-Aug-13 20:59:10

Oh common, just put the ball in the net chaps.

I was dragged kicking and screaming for that treat a few years ago Sparkling. At least the trophy room part will be brief.

grin I have no clue about any of it. I will just smile and get my purse out in the shop no doubt. The DSs are very excited. hmm

BelfastBloke Wed 28-Aug-13 07:40:30

I had tickets to the CL playoff last night, but I chose to work. The fact that I had recorded the game to watch later 'As Live' helped the decision

As I came out of where I was working, I ran into a mate who immediately referred to the score, which I was avoiding.

Pan Wed 28-Aug-13 08:15:30

Classic, BB.

Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads - No Hiding Place, Bulgaria v England where Bob and Terry are trying to avoid news of the score, to watch later. And what happened was....

Wilshere's ankles must be made of stone.

BelfastBloke Thu 29-Aug-13 22:11:53

Yep

NicholasTeakozy Thu 29-Aug-13 22:43:06

I know a chap who's a season ticket holder at Coventry City. And Worcester City. A 2CW. On any weekend he's not following either of them he's to be found at Coventry Sphinx. So almost a 3CW. grin

BelfastBloke Thu 29-Aug-13 23:54:49

How was Anfield, Sparkling?

Morning BB. It was riveting as you can imagine.

The shop was unbelievable. Do people really buy LFC cat collars/toothbrushes/sweets? confused

Pan Sat 31-Aug-13 19:38:01

Coventry away draw today. Still 5 pts short of safety.

BelfastBloke Sun 01-Sep-13 09:58:19

Sky's Stupendous Soaraway Super Sunday!

Liverpool v Man U and Arsenal v Spurs.

If Tottenham's expensive-but-not-yet-integrated squad beats Arsenal's only-Plan-A team of technical midgets, listen to the anger from the outraged Gooners.

At least, those of us who are still in the stadium at the final whistle.

Pan Sun 01-Sep-13 10:37:26

oh dear. Every game will look like a crunch game now. But Arse would have to be lining someone up surely?

Pan Sun 01-Sep-13 11:54:42

and it looks like Moyes is trying to recreate that trophy-winning set up that he enjoyed so much at Everton...

Horsemad Sun 01-Sep-13 12:20:02

Late to this but can I join please?

Support Liverpool

Loathe Man U & Chelsea

DS1 hates footy but says he 'supports' Man U hmm - just to p* me off I suspect. DS2 is a die hard Red like his mama grin (indoctrinated since birth)

Liverpool will finish in the top 4 & I'm looking forward to today's match!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now