Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Would you like to road test the New Ford S Max and Galaxy and have a fab day out at The Grove hotel in Herts?

(40 Posts)
Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Apr-10 18:12:36

Following on from the wonderful Mumsnet reviewers back in December 2009, Ford want to invite 8 other mumsnetters to combine a test drive of the updated and restyled new S-MAX and new Galaxy with a fab family day out at The Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire on May 8th.

The lucky testers will be able to enjoy The Grove's spectacular facilities including use of kids' club as well as a full demo of both cars and a test drive. There'll be refreshments and a delicious lunch at this stunning venue set in the glorious Hertfordshire countryside. Ford are also throwing in a free manicure (or equivalent) for all the mumsnet testers and you will also be able to use the spa facilities eg pool and jacuzzi but if you want other treatments these will need to be paid for.

In addition these 8 families will be entered into a draw to have the chance to take part in an additional 3 week test drive (the car will be delivered after the event so noone has to drive two cars home

Everyone who volunteers must be available on May 8th, have a driving licence that's been valid for at least 3 years and be happy to have photos and video taken that may be used on Mumsnet and elsewhere.

All the testers will be asked to come back on Mumsnet and tell everyone about the day. Those selected for the extended test drive will also be asked to make a short video diary of their test and offer feedback on Mumsnet twice a week for the three weeks they have the car. Once they've completed their videos and feedback, the extended testers will also receive £100 of John Lewis.

For more information on the days and the cars click here and to sign up click here

Thanks and good luck

MNHQ

I'm up for that.

ruddynorah Fri 23-Apr-10 19:17:13

i guess those who did the christmas one can't do this one? wink

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease pick me!

Nevergoogle Fri 23-Apr-10 19:33:39

why? didn't we do a good enough job?

TeamEdward Fri 23-Apr-10 20:25:27

Ooooh! I love The Grove.
And Ford, natch.

grin

LilRedWG Fri 23-Apr-10 20:54:46

Me me me

Rindercella Fri 23-Apr-10 21:25:30

Oh, would've loved to have done, but DD2 is just too tiny. It would've been the perfect excuse to blow out my sister's hen night.

I used to do marketing for Ford, and I remember loads of stuff we did at the original launch of the Galazy way back when <<fond memories of trucking off to Le Touquet en masse grin>>

ELCSadvice Fri 23-Apr-10 21:33:04

Nooooooooooooo!

Have only had my licence for 2 years!!!

I LOVE the Grove, got engaged there nearly 4 years ago.

DaftApeth Fri 23-Apr-10 21:46:28

Have had licence for eons long enough grin

Would love to do this. Have filled in application.

TheNextMrsDepp Fri 23-Apr-10 22:01:25

Bummer. DS has a footy tournament that day.

nbee84 Fri 23-Apr-10 22:19:28

I've filled out the form - but can I go by myself???

DD is revising for her finals at uni and trying to complete her dissertation. DS is playing in a golf competition and DH has just told me he has to work that Saturday.

So my family will consist of just me sad

Poledra Fri 23-Apr-10 22:29:27

I already have a Galaxy - I do not want to find out what toys gadgets new technology they've added to it that I don't have envy

Can't we have an Aston Martin test drive? I'd be up for that.....

nbee84 Fri 23-Apr-10 22:31:39

Can you imagine having one of those outside your house for a week grin

nbee84 Fri 23-Apr-10 22:32:48

Or 3 even!!!

Poledra Fri 23-Apr-10 22:46:16

I can, nbee, I can. Go on, MNHQ, make my dream come true

<Bambi eyes>

PiratePrincess Fri 23-Apr-10 23:09:37

Bugger. Taking DS2 to a party on May 8th.

Please can you do another one soon?!

mjinhiding Sat 24-Apr-10 07:25:37

Message withdrawn

LackaDAISYcal Sat 24-Apr-10 16:58:37

too far away sad

dollparts Sat 24-Apr-10 18:36:40

Have me pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

WomblesAbound Sat 24-Apr-10 19:08:25

Me me me pick me!
(please)

Julezboo Sat 24-Apr-10 21:15:43

Filled it out, i miss my galaxy

NonnoMum Sat 24-Apr-10 21:18:38

Yes please. Yea please.
Isn't the Galaxy a 7 seater.

(contemplating creating another baby just to fill it up...)

grin

nobodysfool Sat 24-Apr-10 21:34:56

sad can the original reviewers apply again.......we will behave this time and look at the lovely job we all did on our video diarys.

have filled it in, people keep telling me that the galaxy is a good motability car but have never tried it so would be a great op. to try it out

chabbychic Sun 25-Apr-10 18:14:39

When do we find out about this?

<<over-excited>>

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 25-Apr-10 20:51:09

Doh. I'm working that day.

Please, please can the next one be more central?

Oh no! Have just realised I'm away that weekend.

Bloomin family ...

DaftApeth Tue 27-Apr-10 20:06:30

When will we know who the lucky people are? How much longer do we need to 'save the date' for? grin

Oh no..enough volunteers...please please please....

chabbychic Wed 28-Apr-10 15:19:08

Come on MNHQ!!!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Apr-10 17:48:02

OK, Firstly thank you very much if you applied for this day - much appreciated!

Ford have chosen the following to come along and an email invite has just been sent to them:
Fruitysunshine, cece, Justbeme, MrsGokWan,
MrsWeasley, thisisyesterday, weblette, and WinkyWinkola

Hope you are all able to come and have a briliant day! Please do reply to the mail as soon as you can.

chabbychic Wed 28-Apr-10 20:45:57

Pants.

I bet they chose them because they said they wanted to buy a new car.

At least I was honest. I just wanted a free day out!

hmm

grin

DaftApeth Wed 28-Apr-10 21:09:45

Chabby, I said we wanted to buy 2 new cars (which is true) but still didn't get chosen sad

Have fun everyone. Don't prang anything grin

MrsWeasley Wed 28-Apr-10 22:11:19

Oh Thank you AnnMumsnet. DH(our driver) is very excited.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Apr-10 22:39:16

Sorry to those who weren't chosen - we did have a lot to choose from....

treedelivery Wed 28-Apr-10 22:45:53

Pah.

Poledra Thu 29-Apr-10 00:25:11

Anne! Coo-ee, Anne!

About my Aston-Martin test drive now..... I don't seem to have received an e-mail....

DaftApeth Thu 29-Apr-10 09:34:05

I'm with you on that day, Pol grin

We'd have to ditch the kids for that one..... sounds better and better grin

weblette Thu 29-Apr-10 13:57:14

Vroom vroom

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now