Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Feedback thread for the Flash-Febreze Fragrance event days in London, Birmingham, Manchester & Bristol Spring 2010

(53 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Mar-10 12:50:15

Thank you for attending the Flash-Febreze Fragrance event day. We really hope you had a good time, enjoyed making your own fragrance and have been using the Flash-Febreze products you received in your goody bags.

Below are the questions Flash-Febreze would like you to answer ? please post responses below. Of course if you have any other comments or views on the products feel free to make them here too!

Many thanks
MNHQ

1. After using Flash with Febreze would you say your home smelt and felt fresh as well as looked clean?

2. Did you notice a fresher smell for longer after using Flash with Febreze, compared to other similar cleaning products you may have used before?

3. What were the main difference(s) between your usual cleaner and Flash with Febreze? (e.g smell, finish etc)

4. If you don?t like cleaning, would you say using Flash with Febreze makes it a slightly more bearable task?

5. After using new Flash with Febreze do you think you would use this product again?

6. What are your thoughts on Steve?s talk around the ?science? of smell and CleanTherapy? Did you find the talk interesting and informative ? what was the main thing you learnt?

bratnav Tue 08-Jun-10 15:27:10

1. After using Flash with Febreze, would you say your home smelt and felt fresh as well as looked clean?

slightly

2. Did you notice a fresher smell for longer after using Flash with Febreze, compared to other similar cleaning products you may have used before?

slightly, we have 2 dogs so they do a great job of making the house smell like them in no time

3. What were the main difference(s) between your usual cleaner and Flash with Febreze? (eg smell, finish etc)

It does smell nicer, less chemically, not any difference in appearance though.

4. If you don't like cleaning, would you say using Flash with Febreze makes it a slightly more bearable task?

It's nice but it isn't that clever!

5. After using new Flash with Febreze do you think you would use this product again?

Possibly, depends on price.

6. What are your thoughts on Steve's talk around the "science" of smell and CleanTherapy? Did you find the talk interesting and informative? What was the main thing you learnt?

It was interesting and informative although he did seem to get slightly frustrated with some of the more 'chatty' amongst us, but to be fair he was fighting a bit of a losing battle. The history of perfume making was really interesting.

MrsGokWan Fri 04-Jun-10 16:02:23

1. After using Flash with Febreze, would you say your home smelt and felt fresh as well as looked clean?

I am afraid I did not like the smell at all. It was very 'false' and did not smell as I would expect it to smell. It did stay in the downstairs loo for a day and a half so quite good value for money if you liked it.

As said above it did linger for a long time, so good value.

3. What were the main difference(s) between your usual cleaner and Flash with Febreze? (eg smell, finish etc)

My present cleaner does not have a discernable smell at all so if you like the smell then that is a bonus. It cleaned ust as well as my present cleaner.

4. If you don't like cleaning, would you say using Flash with Febreze makes it a slightly more bearable task?

If I liked the smell then yes it definatly would be more bearable

Unfortunatly not as I did not like the smell. I also irritated my hands and made them red and itchy. I did like the spray though.

6. What are your thoughts on Steve's talk around the "science" of smell and CleanTherapy? Did you find the talk interesting and informative? What was the main thing you learnt?

How long that smells have been used and the history of it all. We could have done with longer to make our perfumes.

swissmiss Wed 02-Jun-10 21:21:22

having been using it for the last couple of weeks I have to add that I seem to have to got so used to the scent that I don't even notice it the next day like I did when I first used it!

Chilimama Tue 01-Jun-10 20:03:15

The fragrance was fresh but I found it a bit overpowering.

It lasted much longer than a regular cleaner but I would usually choose something that had a more subtle fragrance (usually citrus based).

In terms of cleaning power it was almost as good except for stubborn marks such as blackcurrant. It was great on the floors though and I found the fragrance much more appropriate for the lounge than for the kitchen.

Not particularly.

For the floors I would but not in spray form for the kitchen surfaces.

I found the history of perfumery very interesting and thought that Steve delivered the talk well. I would have liked more time to make our own fragrance though as it felt a bit rushed and tacked onto the end.

posieparker Tue 01-Jun-10 11:49:42

Yes.

No.

I had cooked fish, baked smoked fish, and my kitchen and house did not smell of it after I wiped the kitchen!

No.

Yes.

I think the talk was interesting although I would have liked £50 worth of cleaning products and not a candle, book and lavender planthmm. Didn't really know why we had the talk. I learnt that making perfume was a very skilled art.

ADriedFrogForTheBursar Mon 31-May-10 22:04:29

sarah293 Mon 31-May-10 20:48:17

Will add that I wouldn't buy frebreeze until I knew more about its environmental impact and if it was tested on animals then it would be a complete no-no

sarah293 Mon 31-May-10 20:45:58

Smelt as chemical as any of them.

None

heh. No

No. Its expensive

I thought Steves talk was pretty interesting.

MrsChemist Mon 31-May-10 19:26:20

Yes I would.

I can't say I noticed too much of a difference, it maybe lasted a bit longer than my usual cleaner, but not much. Although it does do well getting rid of the smell of sick (TMI, sorry)

I must be honest, I found the smell nice, but a bit odd. I'm not really used to my kitchen surfaces smelling of clean clothes. It's usually lemony and I prefer it smelling lemony I think.
It did make my surfaces shinier than my usual cleaner though.

It made it neither more or less bearable.

I think so, but the cost would be a factor.

I really enjoyed to talk with Steve <science geek> and making the perfume was fun, even if it was tiring.

mjinhiding Fri 28-May-10 16:34:38

yes it was lovely, i noticed my stainless steel cooker came up lovely, not all streaky and was really easy to clean

yes i was hit with it in the morning and when I came back later in the day, having cleaned before bed the night before

it has a lovely smell, that lingers, makes me want to spray just to sniff it

slightly - but only slightly

def at the right price, have a family of 2 adults and 5 kids, so price is the most important factor

really enjoyed the day, was fab, learned that steve was right !! smelling scents all day makes you really tired, also learned i love jasmine

anyone who hates their candle can always send it to me i love it

I would like to say thanks for a lovely day, it was wonderful, I was expecting a glorified flash sales day, this was marvellous and very different

maxybrown Thu 27-May-10 14:13:55

To begin with yes, but not sure any more so than any other time I had just cleaned it.

2. Did you notice a fresher smell for longer after using Flash with Febreze, compared to other similar cleaning products you may have used before? yes to that one, though i usually use Ecover products

It did smell very fresh (the floor cleaner) but also seemed a bit more chemically as use Ecover floor cleaner

4. If you don't like cleaning, would you say using Flash with Febreze makes it a slightly more bearable task? Didn't make any difference

5. After using new Flash with Febreze do you think you would use this product again? No - I preferred the floor cleaner to the spray, not keen on the spray at all

It was very very interesting and had a great day (thank you), I learnt that I am useless at creating a smell I actually like and how much goes into creating a smell. The day went very quickly and i would have liked to have known more as it was all really interesting. One thing though - would have been good for us to have all intorduced ourselves as i still don't know everyone i was there with blush oh and my son loved the creche too - thanks all smile

M32song Thu 27-May-10 09:22:35

hello Flashers <ahem>

1. I was all prepared to hate the smell as I dislike most artificial 'clean' smells but it did smell fresh.

2. After cleaning, I went out for a couple of hours and was pleasantly surprised to get a waft of the scent when I came through the door.

3. The smell was the main difference, although I did find that I had to use more of the spray product than my usual one (Ecover) to achieve the 'clean wipe'

4. Not really. However - DP seems to think that by spraying a bit of the product into the air I will be convinced into thinking that he's been dutifully cleaning the kitchen. If he thinks I'm falling for that...

5. Hmm, depends on the price really, and I'd also like to know a bit more about it's environmental cred as I'm a bit of an Ecover convert.

6. I don't remember the 'cleantherapy' bit either..? His talk was really interesting - I liked that it was quite sciency and not too over-simplified / patronising. Against all odds, I still like the concoction that our group made.

Thanks again for a great day - well organised and good fun. I might even get around to planting me lavender today.

FreakoidOrganisoid Wed 26-May-10 14:59:59

1. Yes definitely

2. Yes. I cleaned my bathroom with it thursday night, went away for weekend on Friday and smelt it as soon as I opened the door on Sunday afternoon.

3. I often use Flash anyway because I like the streak free finish so not much difference there. I like the smell of the flash febreeze and love how it lasts but it felt a bit weird using a clean washing smell on kitchen surfaces and table-I think I prefer foody smells like lemon on food areas. It is still quite a synthetic smell despite being 'natural'

4. Erm...the lasting smell makes it feel like you have achieved more so cleaning does feel slightly more worthwhile.

5. Yes. I would have liked a variety of scents to try though rather than two bottles of the same

6. Very interesting and informative, he really knows his stuff. There wasn't much talk on cleantherapy (or was that when I was out of the room?). Although the talk was very interested it felt a little unbalanced and I would have liked having a bit more time to spend on making the perfume.
Main thing I learnt was that it is bloody hard to make a good perfume

MayorNaze Mon 24-May-10 20:50:15

1. After using Flash with Febreze, would you say your home smelt and felt fresh as well as looked clean? Yes, v much.

2. Did you notice a fresher smell for longer after using Flash with Febreze, compared to other similar cleaning products you may have used before? Definitely, esp in bathrooms.

3. What were the main difference(s) between your usual cleaner and Flash with Febreze? (eg smell, finish etc)Smell of freshness lasted much longer and so gave atmosphere of cleanliness and freshness grin

4. If you don't like cleaning, would you say using Flash with Febreze makes it a slightly more bearable task? Yes, it smells like you clean all the time but actually you don't have to blush grin

5. After using new Flash with Febreze do you think you would use this product again? Yes you have won me over, i heart it. Esp in my downstairs cloak. it now smells fresh instead of wee (thank you ds angry)

6. What are your thoughts on Steve's talk around the "science" of smell and CleanTherapy? Did you find the talk interesting and informative? What was the main thing you learnt? Really really interesting!! History and science both fascinating. practical-wise - amazing how some scents smelled yuck by themselves - mix 2 yucky smells together and get a nice one shock wish that theory worked in my lav angry

Thank you everybody for lovely interesting day!

oi fish you should have come. there were posh sarnies with cocktail pin things in and everything grin

Yes, definately seemed fresher.

Yes, usually the clean smell wears off fairly quickly wheras this did last longer

The "clean" smell lasted longer, but I didn't like the colour, prefer clear cleaning products TBH

Just about!

I would buy it again, particularly if it was on offer.

It was fab, really interesting to hear about the different scents used through the ages and the three different types of note. Really enjoyed it!

suwoo Mon 24-May-10 14:14:11

Yes

Yes, it did smell fresher, which is nice. It really does smell like line dried washing and perhaps more 'natural'.

I don't have a 'normal' cleaner, I alternate, but I do like a strong smelling ones, the febreze one definitely has a smell that I would go for. The only thing I consider to be a down side is that the mist is too misty. What I mean, is that I had to keep re-spraying when cleaning my worktops- not much comes out in comparison to other products.

Not really no. It was also very uncomfortable on my excema hands, although I know I should be wearing gloves.

I will definitely use it all whilst I have it, but not sure that I would buy it.

I loved Steve's talk. I thought it was fabulous that he was so passionate about his subject. I really enjoyed the 'through the ages' section, but my favourite was the tale about Chanel no5 and its conception.

swissmiss Sat 22-May-10 21:34:54

1. Yes.
2. Yes, could def. smell the cotton fresh smell quite strongly the following morning after having wiped the kitchen counters the night before.
3. I don’t have a usual cleaner, buy what is on offer. Currently happen to be using (normal) Flash. The spray bottle has a new nozzle design which feels a bit sturdier and has more of a mist spray which I like. Cleaning effectiveness same but the lingering fresh/non-chemical smell (in comparison) is a pleasant change.
4. Not particularly!
5. Only if it is priced at same level as “normal” product. Not worth a price premium imho.
6. Steve’s talk was good. He obviously enjoys his job! Dwelt a bit too much on history, would have preferred more time to spend on creating our own scent to try and understand via practice how a “nice” perfume is achieved. Was surprised at how many different “smells” are combined to make a perfume. Interesting to hear how Febreeze actually works.

Coderooo Sat 22-May-10 19:55:03

i love the smell

bilblio Sat 22-May-10 19:54:01

Sorry for the delay, I don't get to clean often myself, DH is a SAHD so he keep it looking vaguely respectable, then I give it a proper clean every couple of weeks. I decided to wash down the kitchen and living room, so I had a bucket with the multipurpose cleaner in and the squirty bottle for the more difficult areas.

1. The house did certainly smell and look clean after using it. I was pleased with how well the squirty bottle worked, particularly on the really stubborn things (crushed up wax crayon on laminate floors, dried on weetabix in cracks of daughters chair). The multipurpose cleaner didn't leave streaks on the floor either.

2. The smell lasted for a couple of hours, but I can't say I noticed it after that. Sometimes our house can seem to smell really badly of cats and cooking smells... to me at least no one has ever commented... but I've not noticed it since we've been using these cleaners.

3. The main difference is I use ecover or natural cleaners like vinegar. The flash certainly works better, and smells better than the vinegar (although I add essential oils to mask that). But I'll probably still stick to my natural things for day to day cleaning and keep a bottle of this for occasional thorough cleans.

4. Yes, because the house smells noticably clean, so even when DD trashes it within minutes the smell reminds me that even though it may look a mess at least it's a clean mess.

5. Yes I would. My Mum came round whilst I was cleaning (and very kindly joined in) she was so impressed and liked the smell that much that she bought some the next time she went shopping.

6. Very interesting. I didn't realise so much went into mixing perfumes. I thought there'd be just one or 2 scents, not a whole raft of them. I didn't realise how febreze worked either. I thought it just masked the smell for a while. I'll probably use it more often now

jaamy Thu 20-May-10 19:01:30

The smell is lovely - clean and fresh, though it doesn't seem to last very long

The smell doesn't seem to last, although we do keep our doors and windows open whenever possible. I did notice that in the larder (where there is no window) the smell lasted a bit longer.

The cleaning power wasn't as good as our usual multipurpose cleaner but the smell was definitely more pleasant.

Yes, your hands smell better after using the products - instead of a linger bleach or pine smell.

Possibly, but not for really gimey spots. However, it would depend on prices and I haven't investigated them yet!

Very informative and quite entertaining. I liked seeing how perfumes were put together with the top, middle and bottom notes (longer lasting).

The whole session flew by!

Thanks

namefornow Wed 19-May-10 18:42:10

yes!
I even clean more now because the smell is so nice hmm

yes, the smell lasts much longer instead of just while i am cleaning.

The smell was much nicer (more subtle and fresh), it worked better, the way it came out of the bottle was better too!

Yes!

Definatly!

I enjoyed it although i did get a little lost when so many long words were used. The main ting i learned was that febreze is a technology and not a product blush and that even if you don't like the smell of something (the vertibert one) it doesn't mean that, when added to other scents, that the end product can be quite nice.

Also that its a bloody hard job being a "smell developer" !

tibni Thu 15-Apr-10 18:16:35

pixierara - yes I am getting very used to the fragrance. I have decanted from the big bottle into the empty spay bottle and will be buying more. Initially I wasn't 100% sure but the more I use it the more I am liking it.

littleducks Tue 13-Apr-10 09:15:50

Ok so my update is that, I havent really used the spray bottle, i much prefer the flash spray with bleach for spraying things.

However i love the big bottle of cleaner, i was the kitchen floor and it leaves a lovely lingering fragrence of clean sheets that helps combat the cooking smells. Will buy another bottle.

pixierara Fri 09-Apr-10 19:06:28

Was very pleased to see that the Flash with Febreeze was on special in Sainsburys today - £2 for 2 of the squirty bottles...

Is anyone else getting addicted to the smell or is that just me hmm

queenoftheslatterns Wed 07-Apr-10 13:25:12

My home definately smells much fresher, even with Benji (the worlds stinkiest dog on the case)

yes, definately

I didnt really notice that much difference in the finish, but the smell is a huge bonus.

Im not really sure that anything would make cleaning more bearable, but it does make me feel like ive done a little more

yes, definately.

I really enjoyed the talk and found the science behind fragarence very interesting.

would like to echo everyone else, I had a fab day and everyone was lovely. cant wait to do it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now