Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Free create-your-own fragrance events in London and Birmingham (plus £50 goodie bags) with Flash with Febreze!

(172 Posts)
HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Feb-10 13:25:49

The guys at Flash have just launched a new Flash with Febreze range of cleaners and when they were developing the product, the boffins there learnt from the teams behind some of the world's best-selling designer fragrances, to tap in to their perfume-making expertise.

This resulted in a cleaner which (for once) has a nice smell, leaving your room smelling fresher and cleaner for longer.

Now they would like to offer Mumsnetters an insight into fragrance: how they can be made to last longer, the components of a fragrance and how different smells work. Don't worry they are talking about real perfume not eau du kitchen cleaner!

They are running three events to spread the word about fragrance. Please complete this form if you'd like to attend an event.

At the event, a smell expert will give a talk about perfume and you will be able to create and take home your very own fragrance.

Everyone who is selected and attends an event will receive not only their own fragrance but also a goodie bag of domestic cleaning products & other goodies worth £50.

All we ask is that after the event you try the products in the goodie bag and then add feedback to a thread on Mumsnet. Flash are confident you will be amazed at how long the Flash & Febreze fragrance lasts in your home!

There will be three events (two in London and one in Birmingham):

London: Wednesday March 10
At a West End five star hotel
Two sessions: 9.30am - 11.45am & 12.30pm - 2.30pm

Birmingham: Tuesday March 23
At a boutique hotel in the Jewellery Quarter
One session: 12.15pm - 2.45pm

Food and drink will be provided and you'd need to be able to stay for the whole session.

Travel expenses (up to £30) would be paid.
Flash say babies/toddlers are welcome to come as well, if needed.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Feb-10 10:51:16

Bump!

1legmummy Sat 27-Feb-10 12:53:10

done, x

SuSylvester Sat 27-Feb-10 12:55:08

ggr
id love to go and have a super accurate nose
but i work on Wednesdays...

SuSylvester Sat 27-Feb-10 12:55:40

and i love cleaning.
and brum is about 3 hrs away
oh wah
this is just the kind of thing i love

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Feb-10 13:07:07

anyone else?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 27-Feb-10 20:21:20

sammie1884 Sun 28-Feb-10 13:18:46

I would love to do this but i dont have a sense of smell!

MrsPotiphar Sun 28-Feb-10 13:19:10

oh put it on a thurs and i am yer man

madbird32 Sun 28-Feb-10 13:22:47

Wow, I'd love to go and can, so I'm filling out the form.xx

MrsPotiphar Sun 28-Feb-10 13:23:16

why have oyu put kisses on your post?

fanjolina Sun 28-Feb-10 15:58:22

kisses are freaking me out.

hmm. I could go if I change DD's HV appointment.

Will have a ponder on it....

1legmummy Sun 28-Feb-10 22:46:13

whats the problem with kisses????

Whoamireally Mon 01-Mar-10 20:19:20

Sounds great, only the very thought of having to juggle a tired and hungry 8 month old over a lunchtime session fills me with horror and dread confused

fanjolina Mon 01-Mar-10 20:20:13

They are unnecessary and juvenile.

fanjolina Mon 01-Mar-10 20:20:52

They are unnecessary and juvenile.

domesticslattern Mon 01-Mar-10 20:21:11

Would be interested (am a sucker for freebies) but am just in the throes of potty-training DD so not mean to roam very far, especially to a five star hotel. Still, I suppose of all the events to, one sponsored by Flash is probably the best option. smile

Message withdrawn

RaiseYourBerets Mon 01-Mar-10 21:23:49

wot fanjolina said

<gavel>

moodlum Tue 02-Mar-10 11:02:20

can i bring ds do you reckon? He's neither a baby nor a toddler but a small 4yo who has already broken up from school by then. He's charming but grumpy, but would be well behaved as long as I feed him frequently.

MisSalLaneous Tue 02-Mar-10 11:06:21

I've completed the form - hope to get selected, as I think it might be interesting.

It's nursery day for ds, so perfect timing.

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 02-Mar-10 13:11:53

Done

oooh i hope i get picked, i'd love this!!!

mustrunmore Tue 02-Mar-10 19:49:24

I'd love this too! Just done it

pixierara Tue 02-Mar-10 20:33:26

done - what a fantastic competition!

Katisha Tue 02-Mar-10 20:52:47

IMO Cleaners and air fresheners always smell like cleaners and air fresheners. Fabric conditioner is usually overpowering.
If I can get anything smell-free then that's what I get.

moondog Tue 02-Mar-10 22:47:58

OMFG

Could think of nothing worse.

Laerning how to creat vile overpowering synthetic smells.

Great day out, yeah.

hmm

i would love to but have to work

fanjolina Tue 02-Mar-10 23:50:20

I think you could think of something worse Moondog. Like being a McDonalds tester wink

ohhhh I got an email woohooooo

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 14:28:59

Me too grin

MISS What time are you attending?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Mar-10 14:35:43

Glad you are pleased!
BTW - the Birmingham Event on 23 March - we will email those folks w/c 15 March so pls watch out for those.

Ann am more than pleased lol I never get picked for anything haha

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:10:26

Ann, I can't wait! Thanks for organising this.

TheLadyEvenstar - I'm Wednesday 9.30, London. You?

Miss the same!

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:34:29

Yay! I look forward to meeting you soon! I'll put pics on my profile tonight - have just checked yours.

Where are you coming from?

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 15:40:00

Greenwich, so will take South Eastern to Charing Cross and then probably walk from there if weather good. You?

ohh Not too far from me then!!!

I am coming from Peckham, do you want to meet before and travel together?

pixierara Thu 04-Mar-10 16:37:12

OOOOOHHHHHHHH - I got picked as well grin can't believe it is at the Mayfair Hotel, Penthouse no less! Isn't that where Kate Moss had her very debauced 30th birthday?! m now worried I won't be swanky enough!!

I am Wednesday at 1230 - anyone else joining me??!

Pix well done!!

<makes note to go shopping for new swanky outfit tomorrow>

mustrunmore Thu 04-Mar-10 17:13:02

I'm Wed morning, altho I said I only needed come come with ds2 for the second session, but Im on first session and now need to bring him hmm Have emailed to check its ok. I will be wearing my usual scruffy stuff as no clothes that fit after 3 months off exercise sad

Mustrun, I am taking DS2 with me, children are welcome!!!

mustrunmore Thu 04-Mar-10 17:28:37

I know, but I told them I would only need to bring him if I was in the second session, and the email we got says 'children welcome if you indicated you were bringing tyem' or something. So I need to make sure, else they might exceed their ration on childminders. Hey, we get fed too grin

<sniggering at thought of DS2 moving from my side without sobbing haha>

MisSalLaneous Thu 04-Mar-10 18:07:16

LadyEvenstar, I've just done proper tfl search, and easiest for me would be to take overland to London Bridge, then tube to Green Park. Not sure if this will be any help to you? I quite like the idea to meet up and go there together, but connections a bit odd so don't want to make it more complicated for you!

Hmm, so you think this might count as an excuse for a new outfit then?? grin

I didn't get picked
<MrsT runs away crying, why do i never get picked>

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Mar-10 16:35:45

mrst - check your email!

Yay i got picked, i got picked!!!

I'm wednesday morning too!!

what is everyone wearing??

MrsT I thought clothes would be a good idea wink can you tell i have no idea what to wear!!

good place to start!! do you think we need to look a bit posh also worried about being too hot/cold!! can you tell its my first MN thing!!

i spent two hours in top and tights this morning to limit creases in very creasy skirt i wore to go out with DS in. He was very worried, he is very style conscious despite being 4! hmm

MrsT, i really have no idea what to wear think i may have to go shopping tomorrow lol

solo Sat 06-Mar-10 00:56:32

I'm going too!!! pm though...

solo Sat 06-Mar-10 00:57:50

I'm probably wearing jeans...top...jacket...nothing swanky...nothing fits!

oh Solo i got excited there at the thought of meeting you lol

<sulks and demands MNHQ change your time>

oh good, i was thinking my smartest jeans and a top! will probably end up buying something new though!!

ok note to self

1- new jeans
2- new top
3- new boots
4- hmmm what else can i buy?

solo Sat 06-Mar-10 02:05:45

I can't get there in the morning, the ME wont let me...it'll be hard enough getting there for mid day!

Now I just need to know how to get there! confused

solo Sat 06-Mar-10 02:06:41

TLE, we'll possibly over lap and say hello...

mustrunmore Sun 07-Mar-10 10:21:23

Hurray, I'm coming! With ds2. In nothing new. I'll prob wear the Fly London boots that were wrongly priced on the office website, and a great mnetter linked it on here grin. And my freecycle skirt grin

1legmummy Sun 07-Mar-10 20:35:19

I never got picked - wonder if its cause I put kisses grin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx just for the miserable one who thinks I am juvenille

Carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Mar-10 17:52:33

Someone has dropped out for the London event on Wednesday morning.

If you'd like to take their place please email insight@mumsnet.com and we'll book you in on a first come first served basis.

For ref you'd be needed on :
Wednesday March 10
At: 9.30am - 11.45am
Stratton Street
London
W1J 8LT
map
Food and drink will be provided and you'd need to be able to stay for the whole session.

Travel expenses (up to £30) will be paid and you'll receive a goodie bag of products - all we ask is that you offer some feedback on the products once you've tried them (we'll send you a link).
Babies/toddlers are welcome to come as well, if needed.

Again if you think you can fill the Weds slot please email insight@mumsnet.com

Thanks

NumberOneEnemy Mon 08-Mar-10 18:00:15

i wanted to go carrie. but am at work
i am sending AN ENvoy instead

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 19:32:02

So is anyone bringing their DC? I'm going to have to (he is 14 months) and now questioning if this is wise!

I've got to take DS2 (2.2) but now DS1 (4.6) wants to come!!, they have childminders thst are putting on quote "lovley activities"

when are you going??

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 20:14:48

Wednesday 12.30 - 2.30pm.

I can't even leave him with my mum let alone a strange childminder. But its only 2 hours surely it wont be that bad... I hope.

oh, i'm wed morning.

is that he won't leave you? if it is he might be ok, because its 'exciting and new' i'm sure they will come and get you if there are any problems!

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 20:28:52

I'm not being precious or anything I know he won't come to any harm. I think its more the embarrassment of me not being able to settle him. He'll probably be fine but I just have this image of me trying to calm a tantrum throwing DS whilst everyone else sticks their fingers in their ears. grin

So if anyone wants to tell me they are also bringing their tantrumming (made this word up I think) toddlers then I'd feel much better.

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 20:30:40

Yeah I meant MrsTickleMouse is that the problem is he won't leave me, I'd happily leave him. grin

pixierara Mon 08-Mar-10 21:00:58

fedupofthis - I will also be bringing my stropping clingy delightful daughter aged 16m! Lots of snacks grin

MisSalLaneous Mon 08-Mar-10 21:03:03

fedupofthis, I'm not bringing ds, but I'm morning session anyway. I'm sure their childcare would be great! Maybe if you could go a little earlier and hang around a bit so that ds would start playing around without you so not an obvious "drop"?

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 21:10:06

yes good idea MisSalLaneous.
Pixierara are you am or pm?

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 21:10:22

yes good idea MisSalLaneous.
Pixierara are you am or pm?

pixierara Mon 08-Mar-10 21:35:01

pm same as you!!! Our adorable cherubs can strop play nicely together grin.

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 21:37:09

Oh good that puts my mind at rest a little smile.
So what do we wear to this thing and how many people in each session, does anyone know?

MisSalLaneous Mon 08-Mar-10 21:39:44

Oh, I don't plan on wearing anything fancy / new. Possibly jeans, shirt, jacket - that kind of thing.

fedupofthis Mon 08-Mar-10 21:43:45

That's good. Just checking.
I'm not normally as panicky as I sound on here tonight. grin

MisSalLaneous Mon 08-Mar-10 21:50:04

grin

solo Tue 09-Mar-10 00:00:15

I'm bringing 3.2yo Dd. Depends on which moon phaseas to whether or not she'll be a pain nice or not.
PM here too btw.

littleducks Tue 09-Mar-10 07:51:07

Hiya, i requested the place that came up for wed morning and as long as they are ok with me bringing my two dcs. So might see some of you there hopefully......

Are we all looking forward to this???

Am so worried about DS2 because he never leaves my side...can imagine him spending the whole time screaming sad

i am very excited!!! not so excited about getting there though, will be first trip on tube with pram, I've always managed DS1 in sling/walking and DS2 in sling but DS2 is now 2!!

TheLadyEvenstar I'm sure he will be fine, does he go to nursery? I presume they will be kept busy in a different room so probably won't even notice we're gone!!

who else is taking their DC's?
is anyone taking a 4ish year old?? DS1 was supposed to be going to preschool then his friends house but caught wind of DS2's 'trip' and is now insistent he comes too!!

MrsT he has only ever been without me 4 times and never with someone he doesn't know blush.

I used to carry him in a sling but he is also 2 now....

Am so so upset sad DS2 has been poorly all night and running a temp was up with him until 3.30am he is still asleep. I am gutted i was so looking forward to going along infact dare i say i was excited...

hope you all have a nice time...

MisSalLaneous Wed 10-Mar-10 13:04:10

This was brilliant - thank you very much to Flash and Mumsnet for organising!

Had great fun learning and playing around with various fragrances, and although I suspect our perfume won't be winning any prizes, it was interesting creating it with some lovely ladies!

TLES, hope ds better soon.

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 16:34:13

I enjoyed it too!

Dont you think he did very well at giving a presentation with kids in the background and lots of unchemistryminded people trying to listen?! smile Thank you very much, it was a great morning. And we made it to nurserty with 20 seconds to spare this afternoon.

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 16:44:10

Just got home from the pm penthouse perfumery! was a very nice afternoon with some great ladies. Weren't the Dc's well behaved?! I was very relieved impressed that Dd was so good grin
Thank you to MN and Flash! It was really good to get out of the house and do something different. I don't get out very often at all, so it was probably extremely exciting for me! blush

MisSalLaneous Wed 10-Mar-10 17:27:41

mustrunmore - yes indeed!

solo, I suspect the revolving chairs are what sold it to the dc. Thinking about it, I'm sure if I lived in a penthouse apartment and had those chairs, ds would be an angel. <<likes living in denial>>

PS: dh liked my perfume, but I think if I still had a dayjob, I'd probably not give it up just yet!

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 17:32:18

Hi Solo - just got home myself.
Nice to meet you and the other top perfumiers on our table! ( Can you reveal your MN names to me? - they have been erased from my memory by Mandarin and Ylang-Ylang overdoses!)

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:41:42

did you get a delicious lunch?

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 17:44:01

err...no

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:45:39

what?
no food and oyu were there overlunch
tsk

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:46:26

Lol! tell me about it! I keep sniffing my fingers to see if they smell all patchoulified! but I think it's all in my nostrils!

Did they say when we'd get our fares back btw? had to wait quite a while last year and this time I've had to borrow some of Dd's birthday money, so I'm hoping it wont be too long this time. blush

Right...tea time!

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 17:46:39

I can only speak for the pm session in London though

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:47:13

ooh htat is poor

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:48:20

but at least you got your money I suppose.

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:48:32

No, I was a bit hmm about that, especially having children there...<I stole an apple to take away for Dd, she was staving bless her, but she really enjoyed herself >

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:48:58

you had to STEAL to feed your kids?

<oliver twist>

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:49:46

Money?

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 17:50:11

Solo you need to contact that James bloke. I had to leave him my name and address on the promise that he to get my expense sent to to me

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:50:18

yes your £30?

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:50:42

goody bag?

JeremyVile Wed 10-Mar-10 17:50:56

Oh they promised food!

I was actually gutted I couldn't go.

What did you get in your goodie bags?

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:52:12

No, it's up to £30 with receipt for fares...mine was £7.50. They gave us an envelope to put our addresses on and our receipts inside, so I'm guessing they'll send it through...<crosses fingers>

SuSylvester Wed 10-Mar-10 17:53:56

was he lovely?

steve?

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 17:54:45

oh no I didn't get any official envelope!Was it the young chap James who gave it to you?

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:55:41

Yankee Candle(in a jar), terra cctta lavender planter, Flash products(good because I've just run out)and a book about plants that purify the home/office etc...

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:57:00

No, the blonde woman.

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:58:26

Steve was lovely actually...not a bit intimidated by us grin

How do you know his name? confused

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 17:59:58

Back later...

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 18:00:25

she is an older man stalker!

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 18:00:55

Yeah, I thought Steve was lovely smile Tbh, I think he was probably wasted not being a history professor or something, but thats just me being biassed because I love history and have an exh chemist!

I saw food getting wheeled in for the slot after us... you had chips and baguettes and things. Actually, I was a bit envy because I wasnt huingry when we arrived, but there was no chance to grab anything to eat at the end. ds2 had a few mini pastries, but I dont think they actually gave the kids snacks as such did they? At any rate, I had to buy him a full size ham&cheese baguette from the Sainsburys opposite when we left, and he ate the whole thing on the train. So it cost me 5.15 for his breakfast number 2& my coffee in Starbucks when we arrived a bit early, and 4.60 afterwards for baguette and oj hmm

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 18:01:48

Lol, how you know I like older men?!

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 18:10:18

ha! Was talking about Su...but you can join her in the older man appreciation corner!
Which session were you at? I am salivating at the mention of food being wheeled in - I wonder who had it.

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 18:11:16

I was at 9.30am.

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 18:12:20

Oh and Solo, I knew his name cos he said 'hello I'm Steve' grin

Finbar Wed 10-Mar-10 18:13:37

So who got the chips and baguettes?
( am becoming obsessed now!)

MisSalLaneous Wed 10-Mar-10 18:14:53

I assumed the chips and baguettes were for pm session too - hope it wasn't for us! We had lots of pastries and some nibbles with coffee, tea and juice, but I'm not really an early eater either, so didn't really have much. Not their fault though.

mustrunmore Wed 10-Mar-10 18:17:12

I think we should have got butty box for the way home!

champagnesupernova Wed 10-Mar-10 18:22:19

Hello all
I can still smell something - I think I got some essence of something on my hair = I've been smelling weird things all afternoon.
Just an apology from me for killing the mellow jasmine vibe with my screaming wet child at the end there = he's not good with new people blush

pixierara Wed 10-Mar-10 19:18:56

hello everyone - was also on the lunchtime session - thought Steve was also lovely and had some intersting stuff to say...I am still sooo fascinated by perfume originating from Whales Snot (what was it called again?!)

champagne You will be pleased to know that mmy quick DIY add whatever to the bottle at the end is actually quite nice - although base not of patchoui (sp) still lingers...

Shame about the food though, poor DD was starving having had her breakfast at 730ish then fell asleep on train until we arrived. I also pilfered a banana on the way out blush

Sooooo - let's talk decor - how amazing was the ensuite to the master bedroom - I could just live in that bathroom forever!

pixierara Wed 10-Mar-10 19:20:07

forgetting my manners - Thank you so much MN and Flash!

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 20:29:13

Yes! the bathroooooom...Dd thought the bidet was for her to wash her hands in! I said 'No, that's a bottom washer!' should've seen her face!

Champagne, everything was so different for all the littlies, so it was understandable that he had a little moment...sounds like we were really lucky in the PM, all our babies were well behaved with no interruptions and gave us a couple of baby free hours <wonders if handcuffs and gaffer tape played any part in that hmm>

I wonder if the food was for the blokes that did nothing the handing out of bags...when I and the other lady whose MN name escapes me even though she told me on more than one occasion arrived, the chap with the beard(or did I imagine the facial hair? hmm)said that they were about to eat our lunch...so maybe the bags and chips were theirs, not ours... envy

sadsadsad DS2 is still poorly I don't get out often and was so looking forward to going but he was so ill during the night....am very envy of you all...did anyone pick me up a spare goody bag haha

champagnesupernova Wed 10-Mar-10 21:51:58

TLE - sorry to hear about DD - maybe they can send you a goody bag so you can still help out in the product testing?
You may have needed to be there but it can't hurt to ask.
Give MNHQ a shout.

solo Wed 10-Mar-10 22:26:53

How is he now TLE? there's so much going around right now

Lotkinsgonecurly Wed 10-Mar-10 22:45:11

Finbar and Solo - tis I heavy handed with the musky smelly potion.

I thought the kids were really well behaved, dd had a really great time and made lots of lovely crafty things. She said there wasn't any painting only stickers like at home Mummy. ( Am not very good at letting her loose with the paints as she keeps reminding me)

I was quite pleased with the goody bag, and did wonder where the baguettes and fries went to when they were wheeled through.

All in all, a lovely day meeting some lovely ladies, bit of a shame my perfume smells.

DH smelt it and thinks its really awful!

Lotkinsgonecurly Wed 10-Mar-10 22:49:32

Solo I think you arrived with me. Don't think the man had facial hair, not sure what he did do though. There was also a blonde girl wandering around then she disappeared probably after eating large lunch grin

littleducks Thu 11-Mar-10 06:44:06

Glad i wasnt the only one a bit miffed about the food, I didnt get to eat at the beginning I was too worried about keeping the kids under control as the creche staff were so late.

I didnt see the baguettes etc. but they were quite keen to get rid of me, i reckon the ate it all with the creche staff as the were all settling down for a break between sessions.

Oh and did anyone else clock the blond girl and young uy sneak out for a rather heavy smoking sessions after having to watch the kids waiting for creche staff? I think that was there worst nightmare to try and be kids entertainers!

So when does the feedback thread start? After the Birmingham session?

Finbar Thu 11-Mar-10 07:28:20

Hi Lotkinsgonecurly.....lovely to meet you.
The perfume is growing on me!! BUt we had an entertaingin time didn't w?
Grrr to that girl who was constantly texting though. Call me old fashioned, but How Rude!

solo Thu 11-Mar-10 08:21:36

Lotkinsgonecurly! of course! I kept thinking 'gonecurly', 'Lottiesgonecurly', but I knew it wasn't quite right! It was lovely to meet you and Dd. I don't let paint get in the way here either! I'm not silly! wink

Ds said he quite likes the perfume hmm, I'm still thinking about allowing it to touch my skin tbh. It'll probably burn a hole!!!

Old fashionedFinbar, I didn't notice any texting going on...that's a pet hate of mine too...just call me old though! grin.

Hope to 'chat' again soon.

champagnesupernova Thu 11-Mar-10 08:38:55

blush sorry ladyevenstar
Don't know why I said DD, I meant DS

My dh did hmm when I gave him our perfume to smell.

Lotkinsgonecurly Thu 11-Mar-10 11:00:39

I thought we had a really good time. Was meant to be having a hectic day today, lots planned. Instead am sitting on laptop watching desperate housewives. May go and put the washing out on the line....if I can be bothererd!

Completely agree about the texting, not sure why she felt the need to keep doing that whilst we were there. Really annoys me too.

mustrunmore Thu 11-Mar-10 14:54:42

Who was texting bird? She was probably just giving an ongoing report as to progress,no?

I think they did well entertaining the rabble till the creche arrived though; full marks for bravery!

My perfume hasnt improved overnight tho hmm

Finbar Thu 11-Mar-10 19:33:12

'Texting bird' was from some website that has a link with reviewing products...that's all I could glean from her inbetween me glaring ineffectually.

Finbar Thu 11-Mar-10 19:36:13

oooh just had a look at the website - it's totally dedicated to Flash/Febreeze with lots of mentions of our perfume expert Steve.
She's probably some huge big wig at Flash (but does that excuse the texting? I think not!)

pixierara Thu 11-Mar-10 20:02:05

texting bird?! I missed her!! Was she sitting on the table whilst we lounged on the very, very comfy sofas?!

Finbar Thu 11-Mar-10 20:04:47

yep - on the table. Next to me ( no use if you don't who I was!!) I hate this continual texting while soemon is speakig/presenting. It's rude and implies you have better things to do - if that's the case you should go and do them.
rant over

GordianKnot Thu 11-Mar-10 20:05:39

sorry what was that?

<presses send>

Hi, all. Yes, that was a really interesting morning out, although totally not what I expected from a bunch of Mumsnetters. I thought there would be more bolshy questions and cackling, but guess I have read too much AIBU! I thought the Flash-Febreze people (well, Steve was the motive genius) did it very well; it was informative and there was very little about the "products", so the brand(s) gained marks from me in tact and imagination.

Nice to collaborate with you, Alice, Rachael (Rachel?) and (I hope it's okay to have outed myself, by process of elimination, from our group, but not you individually).

solo Thu 11-Mar-10 23:30:24

Well, I was obviously paying full attention winkto the fab Steve, because I didn't see her texting(most unlike me as I'm super observant most of the time).
'The Ninth Floor' has certainly improved today I'm very pleased to say. Not dared wear it on my actual skin yet though for fear of said skin melting hmm.

One thing I will say about yesterday was the fantastic public. I was helped at every set of stairs on my journey in both directions. I was very impressed by the helpfulness of people...not at all used to it though.

Am planning on trying out the Flash with Febreeze effect tomorrow ~ anyone tried it yet?

MisSalLaneous Thu 11-Mar-10 23:38:26

Solo, I've tried the spray. I like it - clean smelling.

solo Thu 11-Mar-10 23:45:47

Excellent! I'll have a go at the bathroom tomorrow I think

Kitchen floor needs attention, but luckily I have Important Tasks, so can put it off till this evening or tomorrow! smile

littleducks Fri 12-Mar-10 11:07:36

Ok so i used the bottled cleaner to wash my kitchen floor last night. It does actually smell quite nice, the scent is 'cotton fresh' and def smells like clean laundry. Cleans to the same standard as ordinary flash. I was quite impressed with that.

However while the flash people are taking feedback, I will point out I am disapointed in the packaging. My three year old can open the lid, easily in seconds without trying very hard. This is not the case with other rival cleaning products (or even flash all purpose lemon)

Now before I get a lecture, I do realise that these products should be kept out of the reach of children and mine are. It was only after my experience at the event that I thought to test the lid, as when the blonde lady was artfully arranging the flash bottles on the floor after saying there wasnt actually a creche and the children would have to play whilst we listened to the presentation, i was worried about the cleaner/kids mix. So when i got home i asked dd to try the lid and she whipped it off.

solo Fri 12-Mar-10 11:25:49

Littleducks! shock Blonde lady obviously not yet a mummy!

I think the blonde was a PR, the sort of person who hangs around at events like these. I was "met and greeted" by her, so I assumed from the start that that was her purpose. Or else hotel event staff.

solo Fri 12-Mar-10 17:51:30

Yes, she greeted us too along with the bearded(or nothmm)chap. She also gave us the envelopes for our receipts...It didn't look like a tough job, I wonder if I could get a job eating our bags and chips like that grin

Don't want tonot cleaned the bathroom yet...

pixierara Fri 12-Mar-10 19:07:18

they were both in PR - trust me, I can spot 'em a mile off!! (trouble is, they all seem so young now, or maybe I am getting old?)

Anyway, I also cleaned the floors today - same cleaning powers as my regular one but a lovely fresh smell - was pleasantly surprised having never used anything febreeze before (is it an air freshner then?) I do like flash though....

mustrunmore Fri 12-Mar-10 19:14:49

They were young, yes! Or I'm old too. Policemen all seem young these days too; a cliche come true!

I have to admit to not having cleaned anything yet blush Tomorrow is the big day!

Do you think they realised we were all such a lot of slatterns, before they admitted us? We ought to have been swabbed for the equivalent of home MRSA, before they wasted any "goodies" on us!

solo Fri 12-Mar-10 22:47:19

Kim and Aggie would have a field day with mine wink. I haven't yet cleaned anything, but will get to it tomorrow!

Yes, immatureyoung. Swines!

mustrunmore Sat 13-Mar-10 09:54:58

Ok, so I'm doing the kitchen floor today, after the family have finished traipsing concrete dust and mud through there. That should test it! I like the smell, but I'm not sure its the right smell for kitchen cleaning?

I see your point too, whoever it was that mentioned the cap. But maybe the real lids arent like this, perhaps we just got diff ones for some reason?

Er, as an aside, has anyone worked out exactly how they valued the goody bags at £50?! I'm not complaining; grateful for anything free grin But i've reckoned..
Book... 9.99 on back
Candle... 10.00 at a push altho worth less
Lavendar thing...7.99 tops
Spray bottle... 4.00 tops
Other bottle....5.00 tops

Even with overvaluing my guesses, that only comes to £36.98 <pedantic face>

solo Sat 13-Mar-10 14:08:04

Very expensive bag? hmmgrin

Finbar Sat 13-Mar-10 14:14:47

When do we get asked to give feedback - anyone know?

solo Sat 13-Mar-10 14:32:58

No idea...perhaps they are expecting it on this thread? hmm

solo Sat 13-Mar-10 14:34:36

Mustrunmore, do you think the real goodies are on ebay? wink

mustrunmore Sat 13-Mar-10 19:55:46

Lol Solo.
I think they're going to start a propr feedback hread once we've all had a go with the product.
Btw, issue number one... dh didnt know if the spray was febreze or cleaner.

bottyspottum Tue 16-Mar-10 11:37:43

have I has anyone been chosen for Birmingham yet ?

I should be ashamed that I am so excited about this and will cry if not picked blush

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Mar-10 20:15:50

bottyspottum - are you a namechanger?

tibni Tue 16-Mar-10 20:28:52

I got my e mail today for Birmingham smile

bottyspottum Tue 16-Mar-10 21:23:06

Hi annmumsnet

yes I am a namechanger. I have replied to your email , real life initials are NB

littlesleepyhead Tue 16-Mar-10 21:54:21

I have go my invite to Birmingham too

littlesleepyhead Tue 16-Mar-10 21:55:50

I meant got. I'm so excited I cant type

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Mar-10 22:01:59

cool! don't forget to rsvp to me smile

solo Tue 16-Mar-10 23:55:43

Ooooh! enjoy it you Birmingham ladies! it's good fun! grin <secretly wishing I could go again>

llareggub Thu 18-Mar-10 19:35:07

I'm quite excited about this! Anyone going on Tuesday pm?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Mar-10 18:51:57

Feedback thread here

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 22-Mar-10 18:52:50

And birmingham all ecxited-meeting up thread here! Enjoy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now