Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Want to see the inspiring A UNITED KINGDOM ahead of its UK cinema release & the chance to win £100? Find out more RECRUITMENT NOW CLOSED

(6 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 10-Nov-16 09:46:25

We're delighted to offer 30 Mumsnetters (with a plus one) the chance to attend an exclusive Mumsnet preview screening of the acclaimed new film, A United Kingdom, on Sunday 20th November - in central London.

‘SENSATIONAL, UPLIFTING…THE MOST ROMANTIC FILM OF THE YEAR’ (Metro)
‘UMMISSABLE…A LOVE STORY FOR THE AGES’ (Daily Mail)
[5 stars] (The Times)

From director Amma Asante (Belle), starring David Oyelowo (Selma) and Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl) and set against the breath-taking backdrops of the African savannah and period London, A UNITED KINGDOM celebrates the inspiring real-life romance of Seretse Khama, King of Bechuanaland (modern Botswana), and Ruth Williams, the London office worker he married in 1948 in the face of fierce opposition from their families and the British and South African governments. One of the greatest love stories ever told. Other cast includes Tom Felton (Harry Potter) and Laura Carmichael (Downton Abbey).

Watch the trailer below

This special MN preview screening on Sunday 20th November will be held in central London, near Trafalgar Square - with a 10 for 10.30am prompt start time (the film is on general release in Cinemas from 25 November)

Please note - you'd need to make your own way to the screening, late comers will not be admitted and there will be no mobile phone/video camera/camera use permitted in the theatre. Max of 2 per MNer (Note: film is rated 12A. Note the guidance here). Please state on the form who you will bring with you.

In return we want you to return to Mumsnet after the screening and to add your film review. We'd also love it if you could tweet your review using #AUnitedKingdom.

Everyone who posts their feedback on the thread on Mumsnet will be entered into a prize draw where one MNer will win a £100 John Lewis voucher.

If you'd like to attend please sign up here.

We'll be in touch with selected attendees soon.

Thanks
MNHQ
Standard Insight T&Cs apply

wannabestressfree Thu 10-Nov-16 20:44:23

I would really love to see this....

Olinguito Fri 11-Nov-16 18:55:45

Yes please!

neighbourhoodwitch Fri 11-Nov-16 19:03:09

Yes I'd love to! The trailer looks amazing!

notaflyingmonkey Sun 13-Nov-16 19:05:17

And me!

hankyspanky Mon 14-Nov-16 02:53:43

I would really like to see this, the trailer is enthralling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now