Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

TASSIMO Coffee morning feedback thread – TASSIMO Vivy (RRP £99.99) prize draw NOW CLOSED

(35 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 30-Apr-14 17:04:29

This thread is for everyone who attended a TASSIMO coffee morning in their local area.

Here’s what TASSIMO say, “We hope you had a great time at your local coffee morning and enjoyed trying out the TASSIMO Vivy. We think it really couldn’t be simpler, or tastier. The patented capsules are specially made for TASSIMO machines and are perfectly dosed with high-quality sealed ingredients. And if you’re fickle about your tipple, it’s not a problem as you can safely switch drinks as often as you want. The system prevents any previous drinks sneaking in and a stream rinse automatically cleans up every last drop.

The new TASSIMO Vivy is the perfect addition to any kitchen thanks to its petite size and compact design. The latest addition to the TASSIMO range offers the same flexibility and choice as a standard TASSIMO coffee machine but with a much smaller footprint.”

Please answer the questions below but feel free to add any other thoughts you may have.

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall?
Q2. Which T-DISCS did you try? Which was your favourite and why?
Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not?
Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not?

If you took any pictures on the day, please upload these on to the thread.

Everyone who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw to win your own TASSIMO Vivy.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 18-Jun-14 11:20:56

Thanks for all your feedback! The winner of the prize draw is Treadlightly - congratulations! I'll PM you shortly for your details smile

LocalEditorSheffield Thu 29-May-14 20:17:10

Here are some pics from the coffee morning

ChippyMinton Tue 27-May-14 22:25:57

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall? I popped along to Mumsnet Towers, which was a thrill even without the lure of coffee smile. The Tassimo gals were great company and full of info about the different coffees and the machine.

Q2. Which T-DISCS did you try? Which was your favourite and why? I tried, I think, the Costa Cappucino and the Suchard chocolat which is less milky than some of the others.

Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not? It's more versatile than another brand I have tried, with the milky drinks in addition to the espresso type coffees. We don't drink vast quantities of coffee, so yes, I would consider buying one, to have an easy way of getting a hit of real coffee without the faff of brewing up. My concern would be to serve a crowd, it would take ages to prepare say, 6 cups, compared to using a cafetiere.

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes. In fact my friend recommended it to me, as she's just bought one, so I was able to agree, and compare notes on the various flavours.

VikingLady Tue 27-May-14 22:08:35

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall? Gateshead/Newcastle. It was very friendly and it was interesting to meet up with fellow MNers.

Q2. Which T-DISCS did you try? Which was your favourite and why? Twinings breakfast tea and a Latte (I forget exactly which one, sorry). The tea was fine, if a bit strong, but the milk capsule for the latte tasted really artificial.

Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not? It was a good machine, easy to use and compact, and looked nice. I am still happy with my Nespresso machine though as I like having the milk frother on the side!

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? I would recommend the machine for someone who prioritised ease of use, and who wanted to be able to easily make a wide range of drinks.

LocalEditorBournemouth Fri 23-May-14 11:05:39

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall? I attended the Bournemouth & Poole coffee morning. It was fantastic. wink It was lovely to meet a couple of fellow MNers and the man from Asda and have a chat. I also hosted a 2nd coffee morning at home for friends who couldn't make the first.

The Suchard Hot Chocolate, Cadburys Hot Chocolate and Twinings Breakfast Tea. My favourite was the Suchard. It tasted very chocolatey!

Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not?
I love it. It doesn't take up a lot of space in the kitchen and matches my other appliances. grin DS who is 11 can use it easily and it's easy to clean.

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? I would recommend it as it looks nice and can be used easily by older children/teens.

voltera Fri 23-May-14 10:42:34

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall? Bournemouth-As I couldn't make the original coffee morning, I attended one at the Editor's house. It was good fun!

Both hot chocolates and the Caramel Latte. The Caramel Latte was my favourite-nice and sweet.

Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not? I thought it looked nice and was easy to use. I would consider buying one if I didn't already have a similar machine.

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes I would recommend it for it's easy of use.

Treadlightly Fri 23-May-14 08:18:49

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall?
Canterbury - it was lovely to meet some local mnetters!

I tried the costa latte & cadburys hot chocolate. My favourite was the hot chocolate - very nice!

Looks nice - small & cute. Would look nice in my kitchen smile yes, I'd buy one, we'd make lots of hot choc!

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not?
Yes, it's simple & easy to use

LocalEditorSheffield Thu 22-May-14 19:57:42

Sheffield. It was the best coffee morning ever! grin Seriously though, only 2 Mumsnetters turned up and I borrowed some from the baby group next door but they were lovely, we had a great chat but they failed to eat too many biscuits.

Tea, Cadbury hot choc. The hot choc was my favourite because it was lovely and creamy and not too sweet.

I liked it once I got used to it. It is a little confusing having some packs that need 2 discs and some that need 1. It is very convenient. It doesn't make great tea. I am a tea drinker, I like strong tea but the tea was far too strong. I know I could add some hot water but that defeats the object. I wouldn't buy one as I don't really like coffee.

I would if they were coffee drinkers who like fancy coffee. I think my dad would like it as he likes lattes.

Pics to follow once I have bought a memory card reader.

srobinson61 Thu 22-May-14 17:20:54

Q1. Which TASSIMO coffee morning did you attend? How did you find the morning overall? I attended the Newcastle/Gateshead coffee morning. Made to feel very welcome and feel I have made some new friends. Lots of chatting and loved the aprons!

Q2. Which T-DISCS did you try? Which was your favourite and why? I tried the Cadbury's Hot Chocolate to start, followed by a Costa Cappuccino and finally a Caramel Carte Noire Latte Macchiato. My favourite was the Caramel Carte Noire Latte Macchiato. Had a nice caramel flavour and was very enjoyable to drink!

Q3. What was your overall impression of the TASSIMO Vivy? Would you consider buying one yourself? If so, why? If not, why not? The machine was very compact and would easily fit in any kitchen. The design was modern and aesthetically pleasing. It is a good idea that the machine does more than coffee, for example, other drinks including Hot Chocolate and Lattes.

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? Yes, I would recommend the machine if you want something a bit more special than the average coffee maker.

LEKent Thu 22-May-14 16:40:10

Kent
Hot Chocolate (Suchards and Cadburys) and Caramel Macchiato. Favourite was the Cadbury's hot chocolate - nice and frothy and not too rich on the chocolate.
I thought it was quick to use and very easy to set up. Really easy to switch between drinks. The drinks are small though and not too hot - which suited me, but may be irritating for others. I would consider buying one as a treat for hot chocolates at home.
Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not, why not? I would recommend it for ease of use.

Noonoo05 Wed 21-May-14 23:03:46

I attended the Newcastle one with my daughter. We both loved it, it was the first Mumsnet event I have been to. Everyone was very friendly and there was a wonderful relaxed feeling to it.

My daughter tried the Suchard hot chocolate which she loved and I had an Americano which was also good.

The Vivy was great, really neat and wouldn't take up much space on a work top, I was however looking for something to use in a guest house so needed a larger capacity.

Yes as it is perfect for domestic purposes and offers huge variety.

juneybean Wed 21-May-14 21:48:49

I attended Newcastle/Gateshead, and found the morning fantastic, well run and a good turn out!

I tried a costa cappuccino and I loved it! Good strong coffee!

I did very nearly consider getting one when they were on offer... but I do already have a Tassimo and it works perfectly well so didn't need a second!

I would definitely recommend the vivy or any of the Tassimos, they're my favourite disc machines

RunningKatie Wed 21-May-14 21:26:50

Sheffield, it was a fun morning, it was exclusive and very relaxed.

I tried the Americano's - Costa and ?? - I preferred the Costa one, although having had three in total I was bouncing off the walls.
DS also had a hot chocolate but it made him shudder!

I like that it is neat and small to sit on the work surface, I find the water reservoir a bit of a faff to fill and then slot into the machine

Yes, I would recommend it as a nice easy machine to use at home. There is a great choice of drinks on the Tassimo website too.

johnworf Wed 21-May-14 16:37:56

I attended the Manchester/Didsbury coffee morning. I found the morning very pleasant smile

I tried a Breakfast Tea. I really liked it.

It was lovely to look at and make lovely drinks with very little effort. I would reccommend the Tassimo Vivy if anyone asked. I wouldn't personally buy one though as I think the pods are very expensive compared to say, a box of tea bags.

I'd say that it makes lovely drinks but would point out how much the pods are.

Grockle Tue 20-May-14 20:22:06

Bournemouth - lovely time, lovely company!

Caramel latte, hot chocolate

I liked the size and the ease of using it. I think my 8 yr old could use it. The coffee and hot chocolate were good.

Yes, I would but the cost would put me off

wrestlingalligators Tue 20-May-14 18:55:41

Cambridge - lovely time, lovely company!

Americano

It seemed quite hard to use, harder than others I've seen of a similar size. The coffee was nice.

Probably not, purely because you have to use multiple pods to make a cappuccino or latte, and I don't like the idea of using powdered milk pods. If I was buying a coffee machine, I'd go for one that could froth fresh milk.

mjmooseface Mon 12-May-14 14:47:35

Glad to read the coffee mornings went so well! I would love to have attended one but there wasn't one happening in my area! It sounds like the Tassimo Vivy is a perfect addition to any households that like hot drinks!

gazzalw Sun 11-May-14 15:47:49

Merton. A good morning of chat and almost more coffee (in its various Tassimo forms) than is good for one!!! grin! Love my pinny!

Tried just about all the coffee-based ones. Liked the Latte best - very creamy and a nice change from usual as-it-comes black coffee!

Liked it greatly. Compact, quick and easy-to-use. Almost fool-proof! Although I did find the barcode reader means that one cannot experiment with one's own mixes...that's a tad irksome - not being able to over-ride the 'intelligent but rigid' machine hmm.

It's a modern day coffee-oriented take on a teasmade (not sure about that spelling) really, isn't it? Could imagine having one by the bed to wake up to! All you need to do now is modify it with a timer :-)

Yes I would and it makes it a lot safer a way for the DCs to make drinks once they get to tweendom (and beyond). I would say it would make a good pressie for a teen's lair as long as they have enough desk/shelf space for it to be safely stored!

mumsbe Sat 10-May-14 09:14:44

Hi firstly thanks for inviting us along we have not been to any metups before and we really enjoyed it

Newcastle which was held at Gateshead we were made to feel welcome by the host as soon as we walked in. It was a very good choice of venue and well thought out. My daughter was entertained with playdough and there were lots of toys to play with for my youngest. We all felt at ease straight away

I tried the caramel latte and the hot chocolate (not the cadburys one). My favourite one was the caramel latte it was really sweet and very creamy I have a sweet tooth so this was perfect for me. The hot chocolate was not sweet enough for me I would have propably prefered the cadburys hot chocolate as I noticed it came with two pods and I think the extra milk would have made it sweeter and frothy

My first impression was wow its small followed by where is the milk frother! Then I realised everything comes in a pod including the frothy milk which is very clever.For the latte I had there was just enough coffee and frothy milk for my taste. The other thing I would say is its not very good looking just plain black It would be nice to see it in bright colours like red. I wouldnt buy one myself even though the coffee is the best I have had. but I might hint for one for christmas because I do like Tassiomo pods and this would be a lovely gift for someone.

Q4. Would you recommend the TASSIMO Vivy and variety of drink to friends and/or family if it came up in conversation? If so, why? If not why not?
I would recommend Tassimo vivy and the variety of drinks as the tassimo pods are very tastey its the best coffee I have had and I would love to experience the creamy taste of the caramel latte again as well as discover the other flavours. The size is perfect as well because you often find coffee machines take over the kitchen with how bulky they are and then end up in the cupboard out the way

Cannycraic Wed 07-May-14 22:37:08

Mumsnetters -to-be enjoying the coffee morning.

Cannycraic Wed 07-May-14 22:35:27

A coffee morning of a literary persuasion.

Cannycraic Wed 07-May-14 22:32:46

Q1: I hosted the Newcastle/Gateshead coffee morning and I met some lovely Mumsnetters and their children smile

Q2: I tried the Americano and Suchard. The Suchard produces a lovely rich chocolatey drink, not sickly sweet though, but my favourite was the Amaricano because it made an enjoyable cup of black coffee.

Q3: I really liked the Tassimo Vivy. I found it very easy to use and its rather a sleek, stylish design.

Q4: Yes I would certainly recommend it to friends and family. I liked the wide choice of drinks available. Its so compact that it doesn't take up much space on the bench and it produces tasty beverages.

Cannycraic Wed 07-May-14 22:24:49

mummyofcutetwo That is such a cute photo!

And it was lovely to meet you the other day smile

snorris Wed 07-May-14 21:34:03

I went to the Bournemouth/Poole coffee morning - nice to meet other MNers - shame not more attended.

I tried the Costa cappuccino, Suchard hot chocolate and the caramel latte. I'm not really a coffee drinker but I liked the cappuccino best, I don't know if the other two have artificial sweetener but it tasted like it. The chocolate was nice otherwise, I did find the latte very sweet but I don't take sugar in my drinks anyway.

My sister had an older Tassimo machine which I have used, this is much more compact and seemed to produce hotter drinks. I might consider it at a discounted price but I'm not sure if it would get enough use to justify it - my husband likes his "proper" filter coffee! It might be good for the children to make their own hot chocolate drinks although the drink sizes could be more generous!

There certainly seemed to be a good choice of drinks and the machine was easy to use. If someone was considering buying one I would recommend it.

mummyofcutetwo Tue 06-May-14 23:01:58

Thank you LocalEditorCambridge. He really liked the hot chocolate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now