Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 MN screenings feedback thread. NOW CLOSED

(196 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 12:01:17

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended one of the exclusive MN screenings of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 in London or Manchester with their DCs on Sunday 13th October. We hope you all had a great time and enjoyed the film!

"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 picks up where Sony Pictures Animation’s mouth-watering comedy left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention - a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals – "foodimals!" Flint and his friends embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!"

To find out more about the film (at cinemas from October 25 with previews 18, 19 & 20th) and watch the trailer, visit the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 pages on Mumsnet

Below are a few questions for you to answer but please do add any other comments you may have.

We'd also love it if you could upload some pictures of your day to this thread.

- Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

- What did your DCs love best about the day?

- What did you/your DCs think of the SUBWAY® Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 themed Kids' Pak™ that your DC received (thanks to the team at SUBWAY)?

- What was your overall experience of the screening?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 to friends and family? Why?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where three winners will each receive a Sony DSC-TF1 cameras worth £159.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 19:30:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 20:02:41

Lisa I am sure even if it is that Mumsnetters will swap or move to another seat for you if they know why.

HeadFairy Sat 12-Oct-13 20:10:41

Oh so excited about going tomorrow.... It was the perfect bribe for the kids at bedtime, they were absolute angels and haven't heard a peek out of them since 7.30! Woohoo!

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 20:13:56

Are you londoning Lisa, I'll happily swap if the situation arises. I'll have a topcat bag smile

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 20:15:38

DD is still awake as they're watching strictly hmm hope she's not too tired tomorrow. Still need to finalise what route we are taking (train/tube)

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 12-Oct-13 20:21:14

Theresadogonyourballs - just emailed you - all ok
lisad123everybodydancenow - look out for me tomorrow and I'll help you if needed.

mamatron Sat 12-Oct-13 20:38:16

DD is beyond excited about tomorrow!! Just realised I was meant to print out the very first email we were sent and our printer isn't working, don't know whether this will be a problem or not, if I don't have the print out I mean? Damn, meant to get DP to print it out at work this week.

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 21:09:46

Anyone else having trouble working out how to actually get to the cinema in Westfield?! I've never been there before, but the shopping centre hours for Sundays seem to be 12-6, the cinema bit says 11-1am so how are we actually going to get in? blush

Eek! Just realised that I forgot to print the email out and don't have a printer at home. Will the email on my phone be ok? Please say yes, otherwise I'll have a very disappointed DD on my hands or a very cross MIL for getting her up pre-8am to use her printer.

DD1 is mega excited!

HeadFairy Sat 12-Oct-13 21:18:58

Fuzzpig, I used to work opposite Westfield... The centre is open quite early, even before the shops are open. I haven't actually been to the cinema there but if you go in any one of the entrances the signs to the cinema are everywhere. It's up on the top floor of the centre.

See you there.

Ps if anyone has any specific seating requirements I'll also be happy to swap around.

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 21:23:53

Thanks head fairy - I did start a separate thread as I am being a muppet and am easily confused. What is the best tube station? Is it Stratford? Or Stratford international? Or something totally different confused

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 21:31:48

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 21:36:11

Wait a minute head fairy sorry I got the wrong Westfield. blush grin

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 21:39:43

mamatron Sat 12-Oct-13 21:40:03

Fuzzpig, the screening's at Westfield Shepherd's Bush, not Stratford, so best tube stn is Shepherd's Bush on the central line. HTH

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 21:42:39

I feel we have narrowly avoided disaster grin so if shepherds bush is the best one it seems we can get the overground from clapham junction.

So now if I meet you all I will be forever known as "Fuzzpig the twerp who nearly got the wrong sodding cinema" grin

onlysettleforbutterflies Sat 12-Oct-13 21:45:45

Looking forward to the Manchester screening tomorrow , along with 3 very excited children!

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 21:59:11

I am guessing Ann will have a mumsnet scarf and will be attempting to smuggle in Gin in preparation for two hours with a load of other peoples kids.

Either that or she will have a big sticky name badge and will introduce herself when people arrive grin

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 22:04:26

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 22:08:28

Manchester people I will apologise in advance for dds stim of spinning, don't worry she will sit quietly once she is sat down and won't disturb film but I am anticipating the excitement, anticipation and busy place might mean she spins in the queue.

If you see a ten year old spinning on the spot please ignore blush

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 22:09:35

onlysettleforbutterflies Sat 12-Oct-13 22:11:31

Don't worry moldings I will be too busy trying to contain my own children. ..it will be my ds first time in the cinema, apologies also in advance!

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 22:14:29

That's genius Lisa grin

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 22:15:29

God Lisa she would probably think it amazing if she saw another spinner although I fear it would send her into spinning overdrive.

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 22:17:10

Love the tshirt grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now