Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 MN screenings feedback thread. NOW CLOSED

(196 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 12:01:17

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended one of the exclusive MN screenings of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 in London or Manchester with their DCs on Sunday 13th October. We hope you all had a great time and enjoyed the film!

"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 picks up where Sony Pictures Animation’s mouth-watering comedy left off. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention - a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals – "foodimals!" Flint and his friends embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world – again!"

To find out more about the film (at cinemas from October 25 with previews 18, 19 & 20th) and watch the trailer, visit the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 pages on Mumsnet

Below are a few questions for you to answer but please do add any other comments you may have.

We'd also love it if you could upload some pictures of your day to this thread.

- Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

- What did your DCs love best about the day?

- What did you/your DCs think of the SUBWAY® Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 themed Kids' Pak™ that your DC received (thanks to the team at SUBWAY)?

- What was your overall experience of the screening?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 to friends and family? Why?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where three winners will each receive a Sony DSC-TF1 cameras worth £159.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

moldingsunbeams Fri 11-Oct-13 12:12:50

I panicked when I read this as attended thinking we had missed it shock dd would have never of forgiven me.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-13 12:21:00

sorry - being all organised!

Thanks for starting the excitement on this horrid afternoon.
My DCs are so proud to be 'mumsnet testers' and keep showing me posters and ads for the movie.

I can't wait to finish work and tell my two that they have been picked
They will be SOOOOO excited
Thank you again for the opportunity

JaquelineHyde England Fri 11-Oct-13 15:05:07

The DC are stupidly excited and have been telling everyone at school about their special preview!

Excellent news about the Subway as well, you just saved me having to fork out for lunch. That will tide them over until we get home. Brilliant.

Thank you again MN for selecting us. thanks

It won't me me going along as I'm recovering from an operation but DP will be there with a hugely excited DS3. I've been a boring bed bound mummy for a couple of weeks so it's lovely that DS has this to look forward to.

mrspink27 Fri 11-Oct-13 20:27:52

My DC can't wait.. DH is now pleased as the arguing about who wants what for lunch has been eradicated thanks to the lovely folk at Subway... Just have to get up super early to get there in time now.... Eeeeeek!!!

JaquelineHyde England Sat 12-Oct-13 08:58:31

Just checked and the AA is saying it's a 2 hour drive for us. So we are going to leave at 7:30am so we can stop for a McDonalds breakfast just in case we get lost.

Does anyone know how close the disabled parking is to the cinema entrance?

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 09:06:56

We are very excited! grin

TEErickOrTEEreat Sat 12-Oct-13 09:07:59

I had a moment of awe that the viewing came with a TARDIS...

fuzzpig Sat 12-Oct-13 09:08:34

BTW I wasn't quite sure about the subway thing, is that being given during the movie or after? (Just wondering because we are planning what to do with the rest of the day smile)

JacquelineHyde - are you going to Trafford Centre or London?
Trafford Centre disabled access not too bad but cinema on top floor and there is lift at entrance

Witchesbrewandbiscuits Sat 12-Oct-13 09:53:08

excited smile

Im excited too!

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 12-Oct-13 11:35:12

fuzzpig - not 100% sure actually - sorry!

Am also v excited about meeting so many of you at the London screening: do come and say hello to me - I'll be on the door with the lovely JenniferMumsnet - both of us casting silencing stares at our DCs grin

JanineMumsnet will be your delightful host in Manchester (her hometown!)

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 12-Oct-13 13:38:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 16:54:09

If we are there a couple of minutes after ten would that be a major crisis?

Getting to the Trafford Centre by bus on a Sunday is stupidly complicated instead of a direct 15 minute journey and I am slightly worried the bus is only due to hit the Trafford Centre Station at 9.46.

You better not be all glamorous by the way or I shall actually cry.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 12-Oct-13 17:05:53

Arriving any time between 10 and 10.45 is fine!

Theresadogonyourballs Sat 12-Oct-13 18:15:02

Mnhq - we had an email to say we'd been selected, and I replied straight away saying yes please, but we haven't had anything else come through? I thought we were meant to be emailed a link yesterday? Am worried now as DD very excited!!

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 18:29:58

I got an email reminder yesterday theresadog but I did not get a link, original email just says to print it out and names will also be on a list, I know Ann definately had us on list as I had to change numbers attending earlier in week.

moldingsunbeams Sat 12-Oct-13 18:32:36

Just checked, link was just to this thread and directions Theresadog

Glamourous - snorts!
I'll be the hungover one wink

Theresadogonyourballs Sat 12-Oct-13 18:39:45

Thanks molding - I haven't had a reminder either, am paranoid my acceptance didn't get through. Will email HQ direct I think.

ChippyMinton Sat 12-Oct-13 18:44:32

We've just been watching the DVD of the first Cloudy to get in the mood. See you all there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now