Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Ever fancied a cruise? Mumsnetters needed for VIP day on Azura, one of P&O Cruises family-friendly ships - all aboard here! NOW CLOSED

(157 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 30-Jul-13 15:45:34

Are you tempted by the idea of a cruise but not sure it's right for your family? Why not check it out on dry land for the day and see how you like it...
P&O Cruises have asked to find MNers and their families to attend an exclusive day on Azura, one of their four family friendly cruise ships.

Here's what P&O Cruises say about the ship: "Azura was designed with families in mind, with large children's areas, entertainment and clubs for all ages. Taking a holiday on Azura or one of our other family-friendly ships means that you can have the best of both worlds - fun and companionship for your children whilst stealing some 'me' time for you too."

The event will take place on Saturday 31st August in Southampton and will include:

- A full day on the ship 10am-2.30pm

- A tour of the cruise ship

- Time for your DCs to try the facilities in the children's clubs

- Full lunch on-board with special surprise guest

Each Mumsnetter will also receive a goodie bag full of treats from the White Company as a thank you and your DCs will also receive a goodie bag of their own.

Those of you who are selected to attend the day will be required to come back to a thread on MN to share your experiences and answer a few questions. We'd also love it if you could take some photos of your day on your smartphone and upload these to the feedback thread so we can see what you got up to.

P&O Cruises would also like those selected to record your day, and will provide MNers with a flipcam and a disposable camera for your DCs to use throughout the day. This footage may be used on the P&O Cruises website, pages on MN, social media channels and possibly in other marketing material so please only sign up if you're happy to do this.

P&O Cruises will pay for your train travel to and from Southampton or there is complimentary parking for all those who will drive to the event, and petrol costs for one car per family will also be covered.

This event is open to all Mumsnetters with at least one child under 16. All Mumsnetters and any child aged 16 or over will have to bring photo ID with them in order to clear standard security procedures.

So if you'd like to attend please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

500internalerror Thu 01-Aug-13 14:39:58

Will the footage we take be linked to our mn names at all? Can we take footage without ourselves in?

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Aug-13 15:09:18

500internalerror the footage collected on the day with the flipcam and disposable camera will not be linked to your MN name. If you upload pictures onto the feedback thread feel free to change your MN name for the feedback. You are not required to take any footage which you personally appear in.

Anthracite Thu 01-Aug-13 15:11:30

Michelle,

when will we know if we have been chosen <impatient emoticon>.

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 01-Aug-13 15:18:56

/wave 500internalerror

Do a 404notfound on your pictures.

Sorry, couldn't help it grin.

500internalerror Thu 01-Aug-13 15:43:11

Thanks smilegrin

500internalerror Thu 01-Aug-13 15:47:41

Oh no - got half way through applying & found it says off-peak train travel only. I'm not going to get to Southampton by 10am if I can't travel till after 9/9.30 hmmhmm

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 01-Aug-13 15:51:25

Is Saturday not off peak anymore? I haven't travelled on the train since DD was born hmm. Used to go up to London in the weekends.

500internalerror Thu 01-Aug-13 15:53:56

Oh yes! Doh!!! confused Thank you for pointing that out; my days are all over the place with a complicated summer!

Rowlers Thu 01-Aug-13 16:04:04

I'd be interested but agree with others that 10 - 2.30 is not a full day and is therefore only worth it if you live close-by.

Fluffy1234 Thu 01-Aug-13 16:37:54

I guess if they made the times any later you could find yourself heading of to the Med or wherever the ship is going.

Choccyjules Thu 01-Aug-13 16:39:01

Done :-) <waitsnotverypatiently>

gazzalw Thu 01-Aug-13 17:22:37

When are the chosen ones likely to be informed???

Azure Thu 01-Aug-13 18:10:52

I feel it called to me...

jacksgrannie Thu 01-Aug-13 18:18:20

Just registered! Do hope it's us - have been looking to take the grandsons (and their parents!) on a cruise next year - we need to show them what it's like. DDIL doesn't fancy it - thinks the boys will go overboard! They live near Southampton so if we are lucky and get selected we will go by car.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Aug-13 19:12:49

Azure grin

Oh wow. Would love to do this, we live within stone throwing distance of the ships and it would be a wonderful day out.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 01-Aug-13 20:03:54

I've applied - we're away from 10/8/13 -24/8/13 so I won't be reading any emails in that time.

StillSlightlyCrumpled Thu 01-Aug-13 20:16:11

Have applied smile. Sounds fun!

Beckamaw Thu 01-Aug-13 21:34:02

Sounds brilliant!
I have always hankered after a cruise. The children think it would be dull.
I want to prove them wrong and be able to go on a holiday that does not involve sandy discomfort! smile

BerylStreep Thu 01-Aug-13 23:37:57

Would love to go, but we are in NI - any chance of them paying for el cheap Flybe flights?

LindaMcCartneySausage Fri 02-Aug-13 09:27:05

I've signed up! Very keen. I used to work in shipping and love looking around ships!

HerculePoirotsTache Fri 02-Aug-13 17:10:38

We would love this!

JParkson Fri 02-Aug-13 17:28:14

Sounds like a lovely day out! Southampton isn't a horrific distance from me smile <hopeful>

MyMillsBaby Fri 02-Aug-13 20:40:08

Wow - yes please - sounds fab. We've signed up x

AnotherWorld Fri 02-Aug-13 20:46:49

I would have loved it and we are really close - but we are away that weekend. Boo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now