Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Despicable Me 2 MN screenings feedback thread

(345 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Jun-13 16:35:23

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended one of the exclusive MN screenings of Despicable Me 2 with their little minions DCs on Sunday 16th June. We hope you all had a fab time and enjoyed the film!

We really hope you and your DCs enjoyed the preview screening.
Below are a few questions for you to answer but please do add any other comments you may have.
We'd also love it if you could upload some pictures of your day to this thread.

- Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

- What did your DCs love best about the day?

- What was your overall experience of the screening?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a goodie bag packed full of Despicable Me 2 merchandise.

To find out more about the film (In cinemas June 28) and watch the trailer, visit the Despicable Me 2 pages on Mumsnet

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 21:29:26

Ah cross posted, phew!

LackaDAISYcal Fri 14-Jun-13 21:30:14

So who else is going to Manchester?

MonsterBookOfTyRexs Fri 14-Jun-13 21:56:18

marking place

Kneedeepindaisies Fri 14-Jun-13 21:57:15

Phew! I'm so sorry Cluxsad

I think Odeon or O2 are running a competition about local screenings so maybe give that a try?

fuzzpig Fri 14-Jun-13 22:06:19

Oh no clux sad that's rubbish, and an easy mistake to make. I don't remember seeing anything about a time limit - it is pure luck I printed mine straight away, I'm normally one to leave everything to the last minute!

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 22:16:54

At least I can blame DH. Our printer isn't working so I asked him to print them on Monday. He only tried to do it at 6.15 tonight!

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 22:17:13

Print them at work I mean

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 22:26:31

I got do to print them at work as well as our printer isn't working but I got dp to do it at beginning of week and txt dp numerous times to remind him, but I had already logged in to show film and then it sends the confirmation?

But yes as you can blame dh he can have the job of telling kids and making it up to them, I hope they aren't too upset sad

jes73 Fri 14-Jun-13 23:47:10

Clux73 Did you sign up and book your tickets and received a confirmation email? If you did, the ticket was on the email itself. There was a deadline to go into Filmfirst and book tickets by Sunday 9th.

jes73 Sat 15-Jun-13 00:02:00

Ok now the O2 Arena looks super huge....where do we find the Mumsnet group?

agentlucywilde Sat 15-Jun-13 07:12:04

All ready for Manchester here: the minions came in the post this week (set of three between two DS so I have claimed Dave as my own!) and they have watched the trailer I can't tell you how many times. Not sure who is more excited, the DS or me and DH!

wannabestressfree Sat 15-Jun-13 07:18:22

Very excited smile also off to the O2. Children have been on about it all week

Wolfcub Sat 15-Jun-13 07:20:08

We're Manchester too. DS said this morning "please can we go to the cinema tomorrow" I can't wait until we get there and he sees a minion, it'll shock his socks off

hermancakedestroyer Sat 15-Jun-13 07:48:22

Got woken at 6am this morning by 2 DCs shouting 'We're going to see Despicable Me 2 tomorrow!! Yippee!!'
I think it's fair to say that excitement started midweek at a high level and it's bubbling over the top now!! Roll on tomorrow!! grin

TeamEdward Sat 15-Jun-13 07:53:34

We're so excited too.
DH wanted to paint the DC yellow and put them in dungarees. Even caught him looking at yellow facepaint on Amazon. I have put my foot down.

marryinhaste Sat 15-Jun-13 08:26:27

We'll be at the O2. Watching the first film tonight on TV - dd keeps reminding me to get popcorn for that.

I too am concerned about what to wear. Will dig out my best mum jeans!

ArtemisKelda Sat 15-Jun-13 08:33:58

DS is really excited, we're going to watch the first one again today. I've also promised him that we'll go on the metrolink too and he's looking forward to that as well.

Can't wait! See you in Manchester.

Nerfmother Sat 15-Jun-13 08:38:57

I feel like I should go and get a leopard print scarf. No idea what to where, will probably get all stressed and turn up in a ball gown.

Nerfmother Sat 15-Jun-13 08:47:09

Katie - if I email you the photos would that work? What email?

5madthings Sat 15-Jun-13 08:47:40

Massive excitement here as well, if i had a £1 for every time ds4 said 'we are going to Londond, i am.going to meet a minion and see despicable me 2! ' on a mega excited voice whilst jumping up and down i would be rather wealthy.

I have planned our tube journey from liverpool st to the o2, dead easy only one change and had a look at things to do around north greenwich etc.

This time tomorrow we will be at the train station about to leave!! grin

Kneedeepindaisies Sat 15-Jun-13 11:01:22

Eeek. I'm so excited.smile

Can't decide whether to take the DC on the cable cars or go and see the Meridian Line before hand. DS2 is 5 so not sure how interested he'll be.

I haven't even thought about what to wear! Need to check the weather forecast.

5madthings Sat 15-Jun-13 11:06:41

I debating the cable cars or the mwridian line, t
he observatory is free. There is maritime museum as well...

Weather should be ok... But may be slight chance of rain.. Oh god dont make me stress about what to wear!

fuzzywuzzy Sat 15-Jun-13 12:15:20

Cable cars a cheap and cheerful and very quick, the queues go down very fast. Get a return tho you dont want be stranded at the royal docks (or you might, you wont be lost).

The meridian line when we visited was aaaages, as people queue to take pictures then spend a few minutes each posing....and it is just a line....maybe I'm missing something? But with the kids we decided to give it a miss, we took pictures near it not exactly slap bang at the front of it.

Greenwich museum is always lovely to visit.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 15-Jun-13 12:15:22

I'm thinking about cable cars too. Might park at O2 and make use of free parking then go there and back.

Kneedeepindaisies Sat 15-Jun-13 13:06:57

Do we need a secret MN word so we'll recognise each other on the cable cars?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now