Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Despicable Me 2 MN screenings feedback thread

(345 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Jun-13 16:35:23

This thread is for the Mumsnetters who attended one of the exclusive MN screenings of Despicable Me 2 with their little minions DCs on Sunday 16th June. We hope you all had a fab time and enjoyed the film!

We really hope you and your DCs enjoyed the preview screening.
Below are a few questions for you to answer but please do add any other comments you may have.
We'd also love it if you could upload some pictures of your day to this thread.

- Please give a brief, one sentence review of the film

- Out of 5, how many stars would you give the film? How many would your DC give it? (5 is highest and 1 is lowest)

- What was your/your DC's favourite part of the film? Who is their favourite character and why?

- What did your DCs love best about the day?

- What was your overall experience of the screening?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Despicable Me 2 to friends and family? Why?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a goodie bag packed full of Despicable Me 2 merchandise.

To find out more about the film (In cinemas June 28) and watch the trailer, visit the Despicable Me 2 pages on Mumsnet

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Katz Fri 14-Jun-13 20:41:30

I had an email reminder today with our ticket and id in.

thruthewisteria Fri 14-Jun-13 20:41:59

Completely over-excited here (& that was just DH & me before we told DD and the excitement level rose exponentially). Thanks mumsnet.

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:42:06

According to mumsnet if you haven't printed them they have been given to someone else. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to anyone in the same position as me.

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:44:28

Nothing shows in my showfilmfirst account - just get the "no tickets left" message.

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 20:45:39

I cant wait for this.
Printed ours yrsterday but 'claimed them'on monday and it sent an email with the ticket then to print you log in and go to 'my tickets' and then there is a print option. As long as you have registered and thetefore claimed your tickets via the link it should be ok to still print them?

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:46:39

And KatieMumsnet has confirmed i've lost them.

noisytoys Fri 14-Jun-13 20:48:42

So so excited. Me and DD are wearing our minion hoodies, minion backpack and DD is taking her Agnes doll (all from our trip to Despicable Me at Universal Studios smile) we are so excited!!!!

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:49:12

I registered straight away, and sent my RSVP to Mumsnet, but it obviously didn't claim them.

Never mind. That's life.

Hope you all have a fantastic time.

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 20:49:34

Oh no clux sad did you not confidm you wanted them when you got the first email? I thought i had lost out as i didnt see the email til monday after the deasline but it was still ok. What a bummer sad

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 20:50:19

Oh cross posted sorry, oh that is pants sad

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:52:01

I thought I had, but it couldn't have worked. I'm a wally.

clux73 Fri 14-Jun-13 20:53:29

It's all fine though, honestly. It's completely my fault.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 14-Jun-13 20:54:17

I just panicked and double checked I had printed the correct thing.

Double checked - all ok!

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 20:55:51

sad

Can I ask it says upload pics to this tread, ermm how do you do that?

daisychain76 Fri 14-Jun-13 21:02:40

Really excited too. Going to Manchester (which in itself is a rarity!). Told the DC's yesterday and they are so looking forward to it.

frownyface Fri 14-Jun-13 21:03:57

hokey cokey I have a print out with ticket ID and no. of people attending-thats rights isnt it? panic!

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 21:06:37

Yes its a ticket is, it has my name (RL name) and says admit 4, then the cinema address the day and time etc.

Tjer eis a big long code of letters ams numbers 'ticket I'd' on it.

frownyface Fri 14-Jun-13 21:13:06

phew, thankyou mad thing, just had a momentary panic! would be so dissappointed if we werent able to go smile

frownyface Fri 14-Jun-13 21:14:24

see you there all, im the harrassed blonde in the wheelchair! smile

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 14-Jun-13 21:17:39

Yes that's the one!

We are just watching the first one as dh hasn't seen it. Girls are so excited about Sunday!

Kneedeepindaisies Fri 14-Jun-13 21:18:45

So just to confirm if I can log into showfilmfirst and see my tickets and it still gives me the option to print, plus i have the email with my ticket confirmation which includes my RL name, number of tickets and the ticket I.D then I'm ok?

I've also had a reminder with the same details.

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 21:21:44

Its on TV tomorrow night so we shall watch to then, despite the fact we have it on DVD and watched it last week

Use knee deep if you have the email with your ticket confirmation and you can log in and it gives you the option to print tickets you are fine. The email confirmation is identical is practically identical to the ticket you get when you print out your ticket following the link, I have printed both out...just in case!

LackaDAISYcal Fri 14-Jun-13 21:25:19

I have an email with a long number that is the ticket ID. Does that mean I'm going. Really worried now confused

LackaDAISYcal Fri 14-Jun-13 21:28:59

PheeeeeeYew

Tickets are there.

Would not have liked to explain that booboo to the DC.

Sorry you have missed out clux sad

5madthings Fri 14-Jun-13 21:29:03

Try logging in to the show film page, then go to my tickets and it should give you the option to print, but if you have the email with confirmation/ticket id then it sounds like you are fine. Maybe email mnhq if you want to check?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now