Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

MNers needed for day trip to Chessington World of Adventures Resort! Find out more here. NOW CLOSED

(90 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Jun-13 11:19:45

We're looking for 10 Mumsnetters and their DCs to attend a special day out at Chessington World of Adventures Resort (tickets alone worth up to £150) and tell us all about it.

Here's what Chessington say: "We're very excited to invite Mumsnetters and their families to experience all that Chessington World of Adventures Resort has to offer on this VIP day including meeting the Octonauts who recently arrived here at Chessington! The day will begin with an exclusive brunch in the Resort Hotel before heading on to the park to meet the Octonauts then all the families are free to enjoy the rest of the day on the park."

The event will take place on Sunday 30th June at Chessington World of Adventures Resort starting in the Resort Hotel. Unfortunately travel is not included however there will be free parking in the Resort Hotel car park for those who decide to drive.

The day will include a range of exciting activities for your DCs to enjoy, including:

- An exclusive brunch to start the day

- Animal meet & greets in the Resort Hotel

- Refreshments available throughout the day in the Resort Hotel exclusively for MNers and families

- Meet & greet Captain Barnacles and Kwazii from Octonauts

- An opportunity to take part in the Octonauts Quiz Trail in Chessington's SEA LIFE centre

- Tickets for the whole family to explore Chessington World of Adventures Resort for the rest of the day!

Those of you selected will be required to come back to a thread on Mumsnet after your day to share your experiences and also add a review to the reviews area on MN here.

We'd also love it if you could take a few photos of your day and upload them to the feedback thread. Photos may be used by Chessington World of Adventures Resort on Facebook, their website and possibly on other marketing material.

Of course Chessington World of Adventures Resort is a day out for all the family but for this event they are particularly interested in showcasing their rides and attractions to the under 5s. So, if you have at least one child under 5 and would like to have a great family day out at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, please sign up here.
Please note a maximum of 2 adults (aged 12 years and over) and 2 children per family can attend the day.

We'll be in touch with those selected on 19th June.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

monkeychambers Wed 12-Jun-13 14:00:08

Wow, have just entered, this would be brilliant my DS &DD are both massive Octonauts fans.

KatieB sorry to be a pain, I have filled out the form for 2 adults and 2 DC but I also have a 7wk old who is EBF and would need to come with us. Does this count is out?

vincenta Thu 13-Jun-13 10:47:35

We would love to have fun day out, take photos and write review! I was thinking about Chessington world Adventure for some time, as my son now is 4 years old and he would enjoy rides more!He isn't only one who would love this day out! I will cross my fingers and hope I will be lucky!

I have 2 children aged 15 and 3 but have also got a newborn, does that mean I can't enter? I promise my 6 week old won't eat any of the brunch or go on any of the rides!

Ooh didn't realise NotShortImFunSized asked exactly the same, my DD is also bfing every bloody hour

EasterHoliday Thu 13-Jun-13 13:50:25

we went last Summer when the Madagascar shows were on; it was amazing. Now you throw in Octonauts and Sea Life? Legoland's going to be EMPTY...

DebsMorgan Thu 13-Jun-13 14:01:31

I filled in the form but am confused about why there is an option to tick 4 or more children when you can only take a maximum of 2 wink

I have more than two so would have to cherry pick grin

I've entered. It would be wonderful by DN (who lives with me) really deserves it smile

TheSecondComing Thu 13-Jun-13 14:10:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 13-Jun-13 16:12:33

But surely there is nothing to stop one's DP buying a single adult ticket and meeting you in the park later?

I've applied, and will figure something out!

AgnesBligg Thu 13-Jun-13 16:12:56

I've just sent the form. Ds will go bonkers if picked!

supergreenuk Thu 13-Jun-13 16:41:12

Totally fumbled the last bit where you put 'reason for wanting to go' ;(
Pressed complete by accident.

Noseynoonoo Thu 13-Jun-13 16:50:02

Just applied. My 2 would be cock-a-hoop to win. What a lovely surprise smile

MyMillsBaby Fri 14-Jun-13 10:16:55

We'd be delighted to come along. Dexter is 13 months so it's tough finding day trips which will excite a real littley. He loves animals and toddling around so we love big open spaces. Travel no problem for us.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Jun-13 14:33:32

supergreenuk PM me with what you'd like to say and I'll add it in for you.

also worried im now excluded as i have an ebf baby who id have with me, no pram though she lives in my sling she wouldnt take up any room

Dysgu Fri 14-Jun-13 23:28:42

I have everything crossed that we get picked for this. DDs would love it and, as a family of 5, we would be leaving the 'boys' at home to enjoy their own bonding time!
DD2 would love to be the centre of attention for us on this one as DD1, at the ripe old age of 6, so often takes the lead. Imagine the joy for DD2, aged 4, to know that she was the one that got us picked grin
And they certainly deserve a girls' day out after everything they have had to put up with following the recent, early arrival of DS!

mrspink27 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:35:37

D'oh! Just realised I had to have DC under 5... oops!

seatfor5 Sun 16-Jun-13 20:07:21

Cant wait to hear. I drive my boys passed at least once a week and they beg to go grin

vincenta Mon 17-Jun-13 11:53:50

My son yesterday found leaflet with Chessington wolrd of adventures, took out ir from recycle box, and showed me and his daddy, that this is the place he wanted to, go! And also added.looks cool!
That's why fingers, ears crossed that we will be luckysmile))

justtired Mon 17-Jun-13 12:28:33

oh wow! what an amazing competiton Mumsnet! My 2 DS would be over the moon if we won this, they love octonauts, they love animals and they love rides so it would be perfect! smile I wouldnt even mind the 4hr drive!

I have everything crossed, we could do with a bit of good luck in our household

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Jun-13 13:33:31

Hi EverythingIsTicketyBoo - you're welcome to sign up as your LO wont take up much space wink

Yay!! Thank you smilesmilesmile

chestnut100 Tue 18-Jun-13 13:56:40

How will we find out if we were successful? We are all crossing our fingers here! X

I just found out I won. Thank you so much thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now