Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Mumsnet exclusive preview screening of Despicable Me 2 - sign up here!

(242 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Jun-13 09:57:43

We've teamed up with Universal Pictures UK to offer Mumsnetters and their families' a chance to attend an exclusive pre-release screening of the much anticipated movie, Despicable Me 2!

"Now that the ever-entrepreneurial Gru has left behind a life of super crime to raise Margo, Edith and Agnes, Gru, Dr. Nefario and the Minions have some free time on their hands. But just as he starts to adjust to his role as a suburban family man, an ultra-secret organization dedicated to fighting evil around the globe comes knocking. Now, it's up to Gru and his new partner, Lucy Wilde (Kristen Wiig), to discover who is responsible for a spectacular crime and bring him to justice. After all, it takes the world's greatest ex-villain to catch the one vying to take his place?"

Visit the Despicable Me 2 pages on Mumsnet to see the trailer (in cinemas 28th June): www.mumsnet.com/microsites/despicable-me-2

There are two screenings taking place on Sunday 16th June at the following locations and times:

London O2 arena - 3.30pm - 6.30pm

Manchester Printworks - 10am - 1pm

The screening will start off with 'fun in the foyer' including costume characters, games and more. You'll then be showed to your seats, provided with a bottle of water and a snack each and left to sit back and enjoy the film!

We'd then like you to come back to a thread at Mumsnet and tell us what you and your DCs thought of the film. We'd also love it if you could take a few pictures of your DCs enjoying their day out and upload them to the feedback thread. Pictures may be used on the Despicable Me 2 pages on MN, so please only upload pictures if you're happy for us to do this.

So, if you'd like to see Despicable Me 2 before anyone else, please sign up here.

Please note, the film is rated U and therefore suitable for any age, however due to the length of the film time (98mins) it's not advisable for children under 2 years to attend.

If you're selected to attend you will be emailed by 10th June with details of how to get your tickets. You will need to add your details - along with a special code - on a link we will send you. You'll then need to print your tickets at home and bring them with you to the screening to gain entry.

Please note: max 4 tickets per Mumsnetter.

Everyone who is selected to attend and adds a review onto the feedback thread will be in with a chance of winning a Despicable Me 2 goody bag!

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Kirstypatience Wed 05-Jun-13 16:19:16

Have entered for Manchester! Fingers crossed. My eldest loves the first film so much, I am pretty sure he watches it every day! Would make him so so happy if he got the tickets!

Scottishtanguera Wed 05-Jun-13 16:49:54

motherofmuddles - that's not sad, I would have done the same!

Best animated film ever, I'm so happy they made a 2nd one, didn't think they were going to.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Jun-13 19:38:45

faye007 - add your details to the link above and we'll email selected MNers with a link where you get the tickets. Tis a popular one this though so sadly not everyone will be selected. We will however attempt to run a reserve list.

Sayonee Thu 06-Jun-13 11:41:28

dances in the style of Vector oh yeah, oh yeah grin
Fingers crossed mn-ers

JoyceDivision Thu 06-Jun-13 14:11:27

Its not near us either, butyou know what, there's this thing where you can goto pics and pay to buy tickets and go see the film... or shall we all not go because mumsnet hasn't secured every venue across the globe (lets not exclude overseas mumsnetters too)

LadyIsabellaWrotham Thu 06-Jun-13 16:28:57

Lets face it, by August it'll be on a Saturday morning Kids' Club showing at your local cinema for less than the cost of a bus ticket.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that we get to this showing mind you.

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Jun-13 16:49:12

Bexicles - PM me with what you'd like to change and I'll update for you

jackandbethsmum Thu 06-Jun-13 17:01:47

We would love 2 adult and 2 children's tickets for London please!

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Jun-13 17:19:58

jackandbethsmum, please add your details using the link in the OP and we'll email selected MNers with the link to download the tickets soon.

MissMintyMoo Thu 06-Jun-13 19:18:31

I hope we get selected, I think I'm more excited to see this film than the kids are blush and they are pretty darn excited!

janx Fri 07-Jun-13 11:19:03

Has anyone heard whether they have been selected?

Fell asleep last night early and now the thread is closed sad Hope all you testers have a fab time!

clux73 Fri 07-Jun-13 17:20:10

Hurray, we've got tickets!! Thankyou MN

FairyPenguin Fri 07-Jun-13 17:31:52

We have too! First time I've ever won an MN competition. Will be DS's first ever cinema trip so will make it even more special. Thanks so much. smile

mrslurkalot Fri 07-Jun-13 17:44:55

Us too!!! I am so super excited! I can wait to tell my family grin

RachelHRD Fri 07-Jun-13 18:04:39

Eek us too thank you Mumsnet!!

I think DH is even more excited than the kids!!!! grin

MonsterBookOfTyRexs Fri 07-Jun-13 18:13:38

Squeeeeeeeeeee
I am in! I jumped up and down like a fool grin
Just working out train fares grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IamTheYoniOnly Fri 07-Jun-13 18:28:12

Yay I'm in too grin

Nerfmother Fri 07-Jun-13 18:30:54

Three very excited boys here, plus dh who is fighting for my ticket!

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 07-Jun-13 18:31:21

Thank you so much, this is going to be a great Fathers' Day treat for us.
smile

SeagullsAreLikeThat Fri 07-Jun-13 18:41:54

Just heard we're in and I am so excited! Have just told DH who didn't know I'd applied and he is over the moon, we have been waiting for this film to come out for so long!

Not telling the DS yet, we'll never get them to sleep if we tell them now.

Thank you so much, MN, what a lovely treat.

jinglejanglebangles Fri 07-Jun-13 18:48:47

Thank you so much! Just heard we have been selected! It is a fabulous Father's Day present - we are super excited! I love you MN!

MissMintyMoo Fri 07-Jun-13 18:51:51

sad oh doesn't like we got lucky, no email here, hope you all have a great time, if there are any returns we'd still love to go.

nenevomito Fri 07-Jun-13 19:28:30

Whoop whoop!

Thank you Mumsnet from me, mr. heave and the mini-heaves.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now