Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Mumsnet exclusive preview screening of Despicable Me 2 - sign up here!

(242 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Jun-13 09:57:43

We've teamed up with Universal Pictures UK to offer Mumsnetters and their families' a chance to attend an exclusive pre-release screening of the much anticipated movie, Despicable Me 2!

"Now that the ever-entrepreneurial Gru has left behind a life of super crime to raise Margo, Edith and Agnes, Gru, Dr. Nefario and the Minions have some free time on their hands. But just as he starts to adjust to his role as a suburban family man, an ultra-secret organization dedicated to fighting evil around the globe comes knocking. Now, it's up to Gru and his new partner, Lucy Wilde (Kristen Wiig), to discover who is responsible for a spectacular crime and bring him to justice. After all, it takes the world's greatest ex-villain to catch the one vying to take his place?"

Visit the Despicable Me 2 pages on Mumsnet to see the trailer (in cinemas 28th June): www.mumsnet.com/microsites/despicable-me-2

There are two screenings taking place on Sunday 16th June at the following locations and times:

London O2 arena - 3.30pm - 6.30pm

Manchester Printworks - 10am - 1pm

The screening will start off with 'fun in the foyer' including costume characters, games and more. You'll then be showed to your seats, provided with a bottle of water and a snack each and left to sit back and enjoy the film!

We'd then like you to come back to a thread at Mumsnet and tell us what you and your DCs thought of the film. We'd also love it if you could take a few pictures of your DCs enjoying their day out and upload them to the feedback thread. Pictures may be used on the Despicable Me 2 pages on MN, so please only upload pictures if you're happy for us to do this.

So, if you'd like to see Despicable Me 2 before anyone else, please sign up here.

Please note, the film is rated U and therefore suitable for any age, however due to the length of the film time (98mins) it's not advisable for children under 2 years to attend.

If you're selected to attend you will be emailed by 10th June with details of how to get your tickets. You will need to add your details - along with a special code - on a link we will send you. You'll then need to print your tickets at home and bring them with you to the screening to gain entry.

Please note: max 4 tickets per Mumsnetter.

Everyone who is selected to attend and adds a review onto the feedback thread will be in with a chance of winning a Despicable Me 2 goody bag!

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

Blatherskite Mon 03-Jun-13 16:16:03

Done. I thought I was going to be busy but I finish work at 12.30 and could be there easy!

DD has never been to the cinema before (despite watching lots of movies at home) what a way that would be to get your first taste of the cinema!

LadyStark Argentina Mon 03-Jun-13 16:27:16

In the 2009 Mumsnet census (forgive me there may be a more recent one, I couldn't see it) users based in London and the South East accounted for 41%.

So it does kinda make sense to have one of the screenings in London even if it is frustrating for those of you who can't get to London easily.

ArtemisKelda Mon 03-Jun-13 16:31:28

Entered, keeping my fingers crossed for Manchester, it would make DS's week!

Nehru Mon 03-Jun-13 16:49:50

I think they should have them all in Norwich. ;)

Londoners can get there as easily as central London

lostproperty Mon 03-Jun-13 17:02:44

Me please !! I can't wait to see it with my children !!! Thank you

Kneedeepindaisies Mon 03-Jun-13 17:08:58

I'm a couple of hours from London but we would all love the chance to go to this event.

Good luck everyone. smile

HomageToCannelloni Mon 03-Jun-13 17:15:02

I really don't get the people who are moaning about the locations. These are free screenings, presumably arranged wherever is most suitable for the companies offering the chance to attend...that MN have worked to sort out and advertise so that someoe might be lucky enough to take advantage of it. Of you can't get there then that's sad, but really what is our level of entitlement here?

HomageToCannelloni Mon 03-Jun-13 17:15:52

Oh, and I live in the Wilds of Yorkshire, so am not just saying that because I live next to the 02 Arena! smile

Theimpossiblegirl Mon 03-Jun-13 17:33:24

I love a nice Mumsnet perk as much as the next person but really don't get the whole sour grapes thing. If it's not my turn then so be it, I'm not going to moan or begrudge whoever is lucky enough this time.

Mumsnet means a lot more to me than the odd freebie. I was here before they started and would still be here if they stopped. Not sure everyone can say that judging by some of the comments.

edam Mon 03-Jun-13 17:47:02

ooh, have entered - Despicable Me is one of ds's and my niece's favourite films.

Don't see what the moaning is about, there's one in Manchester and one in London - and the production company decides where to hold previews, not MN.

I think the fact that not everyone that applies for tickets will get tickets is being overlooked.
It's the luck of the draw. Even if there's a screening at the end of your street there's no guarantee you'll be going.

MissMintyMoo Mon 03-Jun-13 20:12:24

Have signed up for me and my little minions, we'd really love to go to this, we are so excited to see this film! smile

MonsterBookOfTyRexs Mon 03-Jun-13 21:50:31

Signed up for me and the dc, dh is working Father's day so this would take there mind off him not being there.

McBalls Mon 03-Jun-13 22:04:54

Ooh we'd love this... Fingers crossed but either way we're very excited about DM2!

Yas1 Mon 03-Jun-13 23:08:51

Fingers crossed grin

ccosmos37 Tue 04-Jun-13 08:16:59

great i live in Londonm, We loved the first film.

ExasperatedSigh Tue 04-Jun-13 09:32:11

Have entered. My DS would probably combust with excitement if given the chance to go to this grin I've only asked for two tickets though as DD is a massive handful not quite 2 yet.

MustTidyUpMustTidyUp Tue 04-Jun-13 10:20:41

Entered! Waiting in anticipation :-)

mrslurkalot Tue 04-Jun-13 16:04:57

Have signed up!! My kids would love this!! we have despicable me on DVD and have been watching the trailer for the new one on you tube non stop for weeks. The DC keep asking when its out, but at the moment 4 tickets for us all to go to the cinema together is out of reach financially
sad Fingers crossed!!!

ShadeofViolet Tue 04-Jun-13 16:18:41

We are a train ride away from Manchester but I dont care. I have signed us up. DS1 and DD would love this.

LizzieVereker Tue 04-Jun-13 17:27:15

Fingers crossed smile

Thanks for the opportunity, MN Towers!

Bexicles Wed 05-Jun-13 11:59:29

Oh no, I have made a mistake on the entry form, I have just entered my DS details and not mine. Please could someone alter this for me? Thanks

RhondaJean Brazil Wed 05-Jun-13 12:35:46

Just a general grumble that there's nothin in Scotland - again!

motherofmuddles Wed 05-Jun-13 15:13:02

Oh so excited have entered - We saw the trailer for this a couple of weeks ago and the DC's started the pitch there and then to go. We did love the first one
Plus there was a giant Minion in the foyer of our Cineworld kids just had to have their photos taken with. Sad but true

faye007 Wed 05-Jun-13 15:20:34

how do I get my tickets? thought I was pc savvy but clearly not lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now