Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Would you and your family like to go to the Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Nickelodeon Tour at the new Westfield Centre Sunday 18th Sept?

(190 Posts)
NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 02-Sep-11 16:24:26

We've been asked by Activision, the makers of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, to find 60 Mumsnet families to go to a Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Nickelodeon Event day in London or Liverpool with their family. You'll have exclusive access to the event for a couple of hours before it opens to the public.

The Event will be going on all day, 9am-7pm but you can come and go as you please - the exclusive Mumsnet access session is 9-10.30am. Here are the dates:

Saturday 10th September in Liverpool - Williamson Square, Liverpool NOW CLOSED
Sunday 11th September in Liverpool - Williamson Square, Liverpool NOW CLOSED
Sunday 18th September in London - Westfield Stratford City (please note this is the new Westfield centre in East London)
PLEASE NOTE THEY ARE NOW UNABLE TO RUN THE SATURDAY PREVIEW SESSION - IF YOU APPLIED TO THIS WE HAVE EMAILED YOU

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure is designed for children aged 7-12 years but the event is a day out for the whole family (up to 6 people per family can attend, including children of all ages). Here's what will be happening:
· The Trial Turrets: The highlight of the tour, your child(ren) will be amongst the first in the world to play Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. There will be two Trial Turrets, each featuring six screens, with game trials going on all day.
· The Main Stage area: Nickelodeon presenter Matt Walker will lead proceedings, so expect stage shows packed full of cheekiness, laughs, slime and prizes galore! There will be a live 'Burp off', the chance to 'dress up your parents', quizzes and games, including: Jelly Fishing, Ball Pool relay, Hoola Hoops, Build a Krabby Patty relay and Air Guitar, where kids can dress up in wigs and costumes and play air guitar in front of the Sponge Bob and Patrick videos playing on the big screen.
· The Green Screen Activity Marquee: Take a little piece of the Skylands world home, with a souvenir photograph taken within the magical Skylands world.
· Whirlwind?s Tornado Tunnel: The game's element of 'Air' will be brought to life inside the dome-like tunnel. In teams of five, children will have the challenge of plucking a special prize ticket from the thousands of tickets blowing around inside, within a ten minute slot.
Click here for more information about the events.

The events will be filmed and photographed for promotion for other events. If you attend and are filmed/photographed, you'll be asked to sign release forms. The films and photos will feature on the Skylanders website and possibly elsewhere. Parking is available at both Liverpool and London venues but the cost of this isn't covered as part of the event and you'll need to bring your own refreshments if you plan to stay for the whole day.

Attendance is by invitation only - if you'd like to attend please sign up here and we'll be in touch with full details if you're selected.

If you're selected to go, you'll be asked to add your feedback from the day to a thread on Mumsnet - everyone who does so will be entered into a prize draw to win a Wii console.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

We can do Saturday as well. I only chose Sunday as I thought it would be quieter. smile

I have entered smile We can only do the Sunday in Liverpool, but we could actually do either day on the London one tbh, I just initially thought Liverpool as it's closer for us.

ThePosieParker Tue 06-Sep-11 18:20:15

(if possible we would prefer Sunday, but will take anything!!)

Pinot Tue 06-Sep-11 20:38:20

Oh my days, I've only just found this section! It's like an Aladdins den of goodies.

Now then <clears throat> here's the begging bit. Please pick me and my family- have 3 boys, eldest of which is 12 on Monday so either of the London dates would be perfect for his birthday treat day! He started High School yesterday so this would be a perfect treat!! Middle son is 10 & youngest son is 8. Both are epic and awesome and extremely photogenic <preens>

Oooooooh I'm excited about this! I must get out more - so...? Thanks <prepares to snog all of MNHQ of chosen> don't let that put you off though wink

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 07-Sep-11 10:33:28

I made the error of ticking Sunday in Liverpool, can I change it to Saturday please? (assuming I am chosen)

ROLO123 Wed 07-Sep-11 10:42:33

sounds like a great day out for all the family

ROLO123 Wed 07-Sep-11 10:55:58

not sure if you can apply for both dates in liverpool or not.applied for sunday but any would be amazing

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 07-Sep-11 12:17:17

I tried ticking both days, but it wasn't allowed sad.
I really hope I get chosen, we are a small family - just me and DD at the moment so we won't take up too much space and she is very photogenic.

androbbob Wed 07-Sep-11 12:56:29

MNHelen I can do either of the Liverpool days if not too late but the form only allowed me to pick one

NewGirlHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 07-Sep-11 14:25:17

androbbob - not too late! We'll be sending out invites for the Liverpool events by tomorrow morning

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 07-Sep-11 14:26:04

ooooh, I can stop checking my inbox for a day then!

Doobydoo Wed 07-Sep-11 16:12:50

DONE.I can go on either day for London too[I mean WE can] blush

gazzalw Thu 08-Sep-11 07:22:34

I appreciate the Liverpool dates are a week earlier than for London but when could we expect to hear about the London ones?

Fimbo Thu 08-Sep-11 16:14:02

Same as gazzalw really. I would need to travel on the jubilee line and sometimes they have engineering works at weekends so it would be really helpful to know sooner rather than later. If that doesn't sound too cheeky!

grouchyoscar Thu 08-Sep-11 16:18:49

Yes please, what should I do

grouchyoscar Thu 08-Sep-11 16:30:40

Done it, short notice if I get it but hey, so what!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 08-Sep-11 17:32:51

sad doesn't look like me and the girl are going to the 'Pool.

gazzalw Thu 08-Sep-11 17:47:50

Are you sure they've notified people yet? No-one is whooping up and down with joy as if they've been chosen so you may be being overly pessimistic. Have faith....

cera1980 Thu 08-Sep-11 18:01:45

I've just had an email, so check your inbox smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 08-Sep-11 18:17:48

I've literally just sent the emails out - if you applied for Liverpool you should have an email. Sorry it is late notice!
If you applied for London, please bear with...we'll hopefully be in touch tomorrow.

ROLO123 Thu 08-Sep-11 19:38:49

Really pleased we have an invite.thank you sooo much. we have 3 excited children xxxx

pithtaker Thu 08-Sep-11 19:41:36

So sorry , we can't make the saturday Liverpool one, DH has made plans already. Can you you regift it to someone please MNHQ , if that's not too rude.

ThePosieParker Thu 08-Sep-11 20:40:17

Argh....now found out we can only do Saturday in London, should we get pciked, as boys have a Karate grading!!

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 09-Sep-11 10:54:28

Hoooooray. Me and the girl are off to Liverpool gringringrin] big grin

Pinot Fri 09-Sep-11 11:20:54

Yay ripsy smile

I'm soooooo hoping we get a London date for DS1's birthday!! <crosses everything>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now