Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Visit the Cadbury Magical wishes workshop and/or tell us what you would wish for and you could win a £50 Cadbury hamper. Events across the country

(128 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Nov-10 11:12:07

Cadbury began supporting Make-A-Wish Foundation® in 2009 and pledged to donate £400,000 over a three-year period. Make-A-Wish grants magical wishes to children and young people in the UK and Ireland who are fighting life-threatening illnesses.

This Christmas, Cadbury is launching Cadbury Wishes - a star-shaped milk-chocolate treat - and for every Cadbury Wishes star bought, Cadbury will donate 10% of the profits to Make-A-Wish.

Cadbury is also taking its magical Wishes Workshops up and down the country in the run-up to Christmas. For more information please click here.

Everyone who visits a Cadbury Wish Workshop and returns to Mumsnet to add feedback to this thread be entered into a prize draw to win a Cadbury hamper. All you have to do is say a) where you saw the wish workshop and b) what you thought of it (and maybe what you wished smile). Everyone who does this will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky winner will receive a Cadbury Hamper worth £50

We've actually got 2 hampers to give away, so if you're unable to visit one of the events or if you just want another chance to win a hamper grin Cadbury wants to know what wish you would make if you could make any wish. This can be anything you like, (it doesn't have to be chocolate related!). Please post your wishes below and everyone who adds their wish here will be entered into a prize draw where one winner (at random) will receive a Cadbury Hamper worth £50.

Please note the standard Terms and Conditions for a Mumsnet competition apply to this promotion (see here for more details) - the closing date however will be once all Wish Workshops have taken place - on 21 December. The two winners will be emailed then. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited. Studio 6, Deane House Studios, Greenwood Place, Highgate Road, London NW5 1LB

whimsy Wed 22-Dec-10 16:23:32

Thank you so much Mumsnet and Cadburys, you have made me smile on such a sad day. I have just walked in from the funeral of a wonderful man and will be sharing the hamper out amongst his Granchildren. Thank you

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 22-Dec-10 11:43:24

and the winners are Whimsy and Merrylegs . Congratulations, check your in-boxes.

I'd wish for a kidney donor for my brother.

He jokingly put a £1000-ish Macbook on his Christmas list and I said he could have one if it fixed kidneys - but I dont't think that's very high up Steve Jobs' tech development list grin

Pinner35 Thu 09-Dec-10 18:25:40

I wish I could cure my husband's debilitating back and ankle pain. He had a fractured ankle for 8 years before anyone realised and started to take his pain seriously.

YuleTideD0G Thu 09-Dec-10 16:35:04

I wish I could find my balloon whisk having just made chess sauce with a fork grin

mjpk08 Thu 09-Dec-10 15:04:11

i wish the xbox was never made

arudolf Thu 09-Dec-10 12:03:48

I wish for my wee sister to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby at the end of it - she's diabetic and epileptic, and 16 weeks gone, so we've all got our fingers crossed for her.

sphil Wed 08-Dec-10 22:34:28

I wish that I could know for certain I was living to a ripe old age so I didn't have to worry about DS2's future.

TheLimeFairy Tue 07-Dec-10 20:20:41

a) Norwich
b) Really lovely for the kids, lots of activities
c) I wish for my kids to have a lovely and happy Christmas time together smile

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 01-Dec-10 22:28:41

I wish the snow would melt so I can see my best friends on Saturday. I haven't seen them all year. sad

mckenzie Wed 01-Dec-10 22:18:59

I have one selfish wish - I wish that my father hadn't died so young and left me.

And one not so selfish wish - I wish that my dear mum lives a happy and healthy life until her final day comes.

TINKERBELLE33 Wed 01-Dec-10 21:30:48

I wish that the world was a fairer place.

SirBoobAlot Wed 01-Dec-10 20:51:04

I have two.

I wish that my DS will grow into a happy, healthy, capable little boy, who continues to share the happiness he has brought to me already.

And secondly... I wish it would stop snowing so I could go buy some Cadbury's Wishes blush Seriously, they're amazingly good.

I wish i had both my boys with me this christmas. My eldest son Jack died at two hours old at Chritmas 1994. His younger brother Wilf would love to have his oldest brother here too. sad

EliB Wed 24-Nov-10 20:33:40

I wish my oldest wasn't eligible to make a wish! and that cadbury would return to their pr-takeover production techniques so my youngest who has an egg and nut allergy could still eat some of their chocolate. It's really hard trying to explain to a 2 year old why for months he could have a freddy frog but now he can't. Please Cadbury can't you do something about this?

MmeLindt Wed 24-Nov-10 19:58:26

Can I have a proper wish and a trivial wish, if that is not too greedy.

I wish for health and happiness for my family.

I wish that Cadbury would sell chocolate in Switzerland as I have to eat Lindt chocolate <woe is me>

Leslaki Wed 24-Nov-10 19:13:41

I have 2:
I wish that my friend could get her lovely 6 year old DD back who died last Christmas.

I wish I could get a job so I can buy a house for my lovely kids and me as we don't have one at present.

Trubert Wed 24-Nov-10 17:43:37

I wish I could learn to be happy with what I have, instead of always wanting something else

youremindmeofthebabe Wed 24-Nov-10 16:47:55

I wish that my mum and MIL don't feel too lonely now they're by themselves.

Ps I love wishes. They're gorgeous. I've been buying them like they're going out of fashion. so, well done!

worm77daisy Wed 24-Nov-10 05:06:14

I wish that my children will have happy fulfilled lives. I also wish that every being had happy lives without so much unfairness in the world.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Nov-10 13:04:15

We have the following message from Cadbury for you:

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts, wishes and experience of the Wishes Workshops. Do keep the feedback coming. We're so happy that those who have had the opportunity to visit have enjoyed it so much and left such positive comments.

For those who we have not been able to bring the Workshop to we apologise. Our team worked tirelessly to find a wide range of locations around the country that we could bring our Christmas magic to. Unfortunately not everywhere was able to host the Workshops no matter how hard we tried sad. With such great comments we hope to run these events again next year and will try our very best to visit the places that we were unable to this year.

Yours in Christmas magic - Cadbury"

supergreenuk Tue 23-Nov-10 12:46:58

I think I would have to ask for a cadburys hamper lol.

wantsthebest Tue 23-Nov-10 12:14:52

I wish my father didnt get cancer and was here to see how my baby is growing into a happy healthy little girl....

Jux Mon 22-Nov-10 20:51:22

I wish I could make things all right for what's left of my family (dh, dd and my remaining bro). After 7 family bereavements in the space of 3 years; a year on from the last one and we're still reeling. I would take my daughter to the Cairo museum and Zahi Hawass would take her round and show her really interesting things. Well, that's my wish - it doesn't have to be realistic.grin

herbietea Mon 22-Nov-10 14:52:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now