Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Visit the Cadbury Magical wishes workshop and/or tell us what you would wish for and you could win a £50 Cadbury hamper. Events across the country

(128 Posts)
carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 17-Nov-10 11:12:07

Cadbury began supporting Make-A-Wish Foundation® in 2009 and pledged to donate £400,000 over a three-year period. Make-A-Wish grants magical wishes to children and young people in the UK and Ireland who are fighting life-threatening illnesses.

This Christmas, Cadbury is launching Cadbury Wishes - a star-shaped milk-chocolate treat - and for every Cadbury Wishes star bought, Cadbury will donate 10% of the profits to Make-A-Wish.

Cadbury is also taking its magical Wishes Workshops up and down the country in the run-up to Christmas. For more information please click here.

Everyone who visits a Cadbury Wish Workshop and returns to Mumsnet to add feedback to this thread be entered into a prize draw to win a Cadbury hamper. All you have to do is say a) where you saw the wish workshop and b) what you thought of it (and maybe what you wished smile). Everyone who does this will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky winner will receive a Cadbury Hamper worth £50

We've actually got 2 hampers to give away, so if you're unable to visit one of the events or if you just want another chance to win a hamper grin Cadbury wants to know what wish you would make if you could make any wish. This can be anything you like, (it doesn't have to be chocolate related!). Please post your wishes below and everyone who adds their wish here will be entered into a prize draw where one winner (at random) will receive a Cadbury Hamper worth £50.

Please note the standard Terms and Conditions for a Mumsnet competition apply to this promotion (see here for more details) - the closing date however will be once all Wish Workshops have taken place - on 21 December. The two winners will be emailed then. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited. Studio 6, Deane House Studios, Greenwood Place, Highgate Road, London NW5 1LB

twirlymum Wed 17-Nov-10 15:13:58

I wish for good health for my family and friends, and long and happy lives for my children.
Oh, and a Tiffany bangle grin

EvilEyeButterPie Wed 17-Nov-10 15:17:51

They've missed out all of Tyne and Wear too! Does the Metro Centre not exist?

Rindercella Wed 17-Nov-10 15:18:32

My father died in July and I was fortunate enough to have known and loved him for 40 years. I wish my DDs have the same opportunity with their beloved father who is currently battling cancer.

I wish for DH to get well and not be in pain all the time and our little baby girl to be born healthy.

poorbuthappy Wed 17-Nov-10 15:28:06

I wish Cadburys knew where Wales was...is there really any need for London and Milton Keynes? What is it 40ish miles from each other?

Actually I wish that that things could get a bit better for everyone...a general feeling of well being for all would be nice.

FairyFay Wed 17-Nov-10 15:51:07

Mine is a totally selfish, but chocolate related wish - I would wish that chocolate could be calorie-free blush

I wish that people could each be a little bit nicer to each other.

Hulababy Wed 17-Nov-10 16:29:46

My wih - that DD will grow up to be a honest, happy, healthy, confident and capable adult.

BeatrixRotter Wed 17-Nov-10 16:30:24

I wish to live a healthy live and be around for DC for as long as possible.

LifeOfKate Wed 17-Nov-10 16:33:20

Well, just entered the world of those TTC again, so am being a bit selfish and would have to wish for a happy, healthy pregnancy as soon as possible.

Amazingly, one of those workshops is near me (people tend to forget Lincolnshire exists), so I might just pop along

MegBusset Wed 17-Nov-10 16:36:18

I wish to have a million more wishes grin

snice Wed 17-Nov-10 16:41:23

I wish we had a better relationship with DP's family

4andnotout Wed 17-Nov-10 16:41:32

I've had some fantastic news today so my wish is for my friend and I hope she gets allocated the house she has bid on.

Debzk Wed 17-Nov-10 16:58:56

I wish I could afford to take my DD (6) to NYC cos she is desperate to see the Statue of Liberty

whimsy Wed 17-Nov-10 17:46:59

I actually saw it at the Bullring in Birmingham on friday morning. I did a double take tbh. It was a little cabin in the middle of Birmingham

The promotions people were very nice, even though ds3 was being a bit of a pain. You could buy a bag of stars on the way out which I did and they are yummy wink

My wish is that my 3 boys grow up to be happy & healthy and be safe in the world.

What a wonderful idea.

My wish would be that a cure could be found for some of the terrible diseases affecting these children.

Fillybuster Wed 17-Nov-10 18:05:14

Lovely

I'd like 2 wishes please....

1) That my children grow up healthy, happy, loving, loved, caring and successful and continue to provide me and our family with pleasure and pride in their progress

2) I wish that everyone engaged in conflict and war would start to consider that it might be possible to live peacefully alongside people of different views, countries, politics or religion.

AddictedIsAMummy Wed 17-Nov-10 18:38:17

my wish is that my doctor would take me seriously and treat my baby's milk intolerance and not just fob me off sad

TheLogLady Wed 17-Nov-10 18:41:15

none near us sad

I wish I could fly, way up to the sky, but I can't.

GreatGooglyMoogly Wed 17-Nov-10 18:54:20

I wish I could find what I'm looking for.

gothicmama Wed 17-Nov-10 19:04:31

I wish we had a camper van

brookeslay Wed 17-Nov-10 19:21:37

I wish I knew my partner had a genetic condition meaning 1/2 chance of my babies having a fatal illness and not blame myself for my previous babies deaths.

Guidoinsteadnow Wed 17-Nov-10 19:50:40

I wish that nothing will ever ever change in my life; I'm happy enough to not want to take the chance of losing it all.

thefirstMrsDeVere Wed 17-Nov-10 20:04:34

I wish I could have my darling girl back, even for an hour.

If anyone doubts the importance of the work of organisations like Make a Wish, dont.

A ride in a pink limo or a meetup with a boy band may seem pointless in the face of terminal illness but I cant tell you the difference these treats make.

Anything to break the drudgery and grind of hospital visits and painful treatment, losing out on ordinary childhood experiences, putting up with indignities and the sheer boredom of illness.

I cherish the moments of happiness given to my girl by various organisations.
Rare happy memories amongst the total hidiousness.

prettybird Wed 17-Nov-10 20:08:41

I wish that was proper care available for people who have forms of dementia that require (nearly) 1:1 care. There is nowhere for them to go: care homes can't cope and the poor husbands/wives/children can't cope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now