Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

Ford Track Day at Donington - Feedback thread

(67 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Oct-10 10:04:12

Many thanks to all those who particpated in the Ford Test Drive Day at Donington. Thank you for coming and helping make the day what it was grin

By way of background - Ford invited nearly 100 Mumsnetters to attend a thrilling Ford track driving day at Donington. They test drove two cars from the Ford range of vehicles, as well as having the chance to learn new driving skills and being driven at high speed in a Ford RS by a professional driving instructor.

This is the feedback thread for those Mumsnetters who attended to post their views on how the day went. Please also include the views of your partner/ DH/ friend etc if you attended with someone else.

If you'd like to know more about Ford please click here

Questions for all Donington Drive Day participants

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal Friday?

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about?

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience?

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them?

5 What did you think of the off-road driving?

6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day?

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving?

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family?

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car?

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day?

11 Has the experience made you feel any differently about Ford?

Many thanks
MNHQ

well I didnt go but my DH works there...he thoroughly enjoyed having more ladies to look at at work on Friday. He said he hopes you all had a lovely day as it certainly looked that way grin

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Oct-10 10:11:28

How funny thedoctorswife! What does he do?

Malificence Mon 18-Oct-10 10:28:00

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal Friday? For me, a 5 minute drive to and from work, for DH a 75 mile roundtrip to Derby for work.

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about? It was really nice, everyone was lovely and we mainly talked about the cars, plus where we were from etc.

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience? Driving the 4x4 on the off road course.

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them? The S-MAX, it was lovely to drive, very smooth and comfortable and picked up nicely on acceleration. Then the Mondeo, I have to say we were very underwhelmed by it, it was very rough, engine-wise, for a car with only 60 miles on the clock, if that was the top of the range then I wouldn't want the base model.

5 What did you think of the off-road driving? It was brilliant, although the instructor was perhaps a little bit over-cautious.

6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day? Possibly, it was fun to throw the Kuga around the cones but if I tried that in my car I would end up on the roof!

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? Nothing that I didn't already know.

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? Ease of access, safety and comfort.

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car? Very, lower emmissions means lower tax!

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day? The new C-max looks fab, the S-MAX was good to drive but my favourite was the Kuga.

11 Has the experience made you feel any differently about Ford? No, I've always been a Ford driver.

I have to correct you slightly Ann (sorry blush ) - it wasn't the full Ford range, I had hoped to drive a Focus but there wasn't even one to test drive. They should have had more Kugas too, we didn't get to test drive one of those either, which I really wanted to do, so ended up in a Mondeo instead, which was a bit of a disappointment - other than those minor niggles, it was a fantastic day. smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Oct-10 10:29:52

True Malificience, will amend now!

fishewen Mon 18-Oct-10 11:16:09

10 minute drive to and from work

Great - all very nice and good to talk to other women about cars!

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience? The Hot Laps with a female racing driver around the track - she was awesaome (SaraH) and I now want a hot hatch - prefereably a Focus RS!!!!

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them? Drove the Kuga round a track, and a Mondeo and Fiesta on the roads, plus a Ranger off road. Very impressed with the power of the Mondeo and the smoothness of the automatic transmission, and the handling of the Kuga and the fiesta.

Loved every minute of it - couldn't get the grin off my face!!! Had beena passenger in LAnd ROvers years ago when my Dad competed, but it was great to get behind the wheel myself!!!!!
6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day? Probably won't make any difference - like to think I am already safe.

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? That my car isn't very !!!

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? Looks and luggage!

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day? The FOcus RS - fun fun fun!!!

yes - very impressed with the range now!

Thanks Ford (who were all very nice people) and Mumsnet (who were too!) for a great day oout! When can I come again?

satine Mon 18-Oct-10 11:21:55

Hi! My feedback:

1. Normal commute to work - 10 mins, door to door. Every other weekend, I drive for 40 mins to meet ex-h for child hand-over.
2. I loved meeting other MNers - although it was frustrating not knowing who they were! I take the point of some who said they didn't want to be 'outed' but I would have liked to have been able to recognise names! It was nice having a common history, though - the 'in' jokes about Boden & improper use of disabled loos....
3. I enjoyed the ESP testing most of all, closely followed by the off-roading.
4. I drove the Kuga and the Galaxy. Both were automatic and suffered a little from a lag in acceleration, but were very luxurious compared to my very basic car!
5. I LOVED the off-roading. I giggled like a loon most of the way round, and I was amazed at what the pick-up could cope with. This should be COMPULSORY for everyone buying a Chelsea tractor (as should lessons in how to reverse a 4x4, but that's a whole other thread....)
6. I'm not sure I'll be a safer driver, but I would very much like to have the ESP system backing me up in case of an accident or near miss!
7. Not much, to be honest!
8. ESP system, airbags and roll-cage construction.
9. Not very. I would prefer to pay less road tax, but I wouldn't use CO2 emissions as a major factor in my decision.
10. Most were too big for me, but I did like the new C-Max as a practical choice. Of course I'd love a Focus RS, but it wouldn't really be very sensible....
11. I already drive a Ford, and am quite happy with it, but it has certainly strengthened my intention to stick with Ford when I eventually change. I'm also lucky to be near a really helpful and generous Ford dealership, which has really made me feel loyal to them!

Thank you so much to MN for the great day. I loved it!

satine Mon 18-Oct-10 11:25:57

BTW - would you like me to ask dp (who came with me) the same questions? Or is it just our opinions you want?!

He's a humble cleaner! He said "there were tons of women there today??!! It was brilliant" ha ha. I said it was mumsnet and he asked why i hadnt gone, but I was having my very very first meet up with MNetters elsewhere! grin

I should add that evidently my DH is not a doctor as my name suggests and that refers to valentino rossi also of Donington fame!

Pinewood Mon 18-Oct-10 11:40:54

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal Friday? 20 mins on school runs x 2 dropping the DC off at two separate locations.

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about? Great, mostly cars.

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience? Trying out the Kuga through the cones!

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them? Kuga, Ranger, Mondeo and Galaxy. Loved the Ranger's auto drive up and down hills! The Kuga's stability was great. Mondeo found the semi-auto gearbox a bit of a challenge as I'm used to a manual. They Galaxy was really comfortable and great driving position.

5 What did you think of the off-road driving? Fantastic, I was really nervous about this bit but the instructor and auto drive helped calm my nerves!

6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day? Possibly if I could afford a Kuga !

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? That Ford offer a monitor for two weeks at £30 that will advise you on more efficient driving.

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? The rear seatbelt alarm would drive me nuts hmm but it's an important safety feature along with lots of airbags!

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car? It's important and I would check to see how much the Road Tax would be in relation to emissions.

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day? Definitely the Kuga. It was so fun to drive and good high driving position.

11 Has the experience made you feel any differently about Ford? Always had Fords so no still love 'em the same. Liked some of the new features - just wish I could afford a new one as mine's nearly 10 years old!

Borisismyhousespider Mon 18-Oct-10 11:46:25

1 School run, half hour to work, half hour back, alternate weeks 1 hr trip up mway to get ss, then 1 hr back!

2 Good fun day, talked about allsorts, from cars, to houses, kids, schools, holidays etc

3 The lap in the RS/the 4 x 4 driving, both very good fun grin

4 S-Max and Kuga. Both nice drives, good acceleration for automatics (would have been nice to try a stick shift though!) I like the space in the S-Max, you can fit a lot in! The Kuga was fun to sling around on the track with the breaking demonstration, so I guess that's the best thing about that car, that and the height of the seating.

5 Liked the off roading lots too grin good to be able to get chance to use the 4x4 capability of a car, rather than just wondering what it's there for! (instructor very informative too)

6 Surely I was safe already grin

7 Nothing new

8 Safety and the amount of people you can fit into one vehicle

9 Very, especially if they reduce road tax!

10 I really liked the look of the new c-max grande, although out of the cars we got to drive the S-Max was my favourite.

11 Yes, I'm impressed by the range and am more likly to consider them when swapping our car next time round.

Borisismyhousespider Mon 18-Oct-10 11:53:22

PS: Ford we could have done with a feedback sheet when we took the vehicles out, on the clipboard with the times in and out sheet, then we could have left you good constructive info on what we thought of the cars at the time, whilst it was fresh in our minds smile

vnmum Mon 18-Oct-10 12:15:45

Hi, DH and I had a great day. Thanks Ford and Mumsnet. Here is my feedback

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal friday?
The school run - 10 mins each way

2 What was it like meeting other mumsnetters and what did you talk about?
It was good to meet other mumsnetters and mainly talked about the cars and the day

The 4x4 driving. For DH it was the hot lap

DH and I drove the Kuga and Mondeo estate. Both were automatic. I loved the Kuga and found it quite nippy. DH liked the Kuga but thought the Mondeo was more him. I found the Mondeo felt abit heavy even compared to the mondeo we used to own. DH would have a focus RS over everything though.

5 What did you think of the off road driving?
It was fab. Abit scary at first when it was sliding in the mud but once you got used to it it was good.

6 Do you think you will be a safer driver after attending the day?
No more than usual, although i would love the ESP on my current car.

7 What did you discover about more fuel efficient driving?
Nothing i wasn't already aware of

8 What vehicle features are more important for your family?
Safety, Comfort, Performance and fuel economy. Oh and it has to look good too.

Fairly important, after all it means less road tax

10 How did you rate the new range of ford family vehicles?
Really good. Plenty of safety features

Not really. I currently drive a ford and my previous car was a Ford and when it comes to change this car we were going to get another Ford anyway. The day has really just confirmed to us that we do want another Ford and also probably the Model - Kuga. We had better get saving.

all4u Mon 18-Oct-10 12:21:35

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal Friday? Just the school run as I work from home ona hill farm.

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about? Ah yes Mumsnetters 'made flesh'! first we obviously had a lot in common and many of us who had been able to get away had older children (Mumsnet 'veterans' perhaps?)The funniest thing though was that many of hus had brough (ahem) men along and they were sooo quiet and unassuming! We Mns chatted and they were generally silent - I got the impression that they dare not even start 'man to man' chats in case they imposed on what was supposded to be our day - sweeeeet - well that was my impression anyway...

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience? Undoubtedly being driven by Holly (petite and slim like I used to be)at high speed round the track. These cars do just go on tramlines though so it wasn't actually scary - just fun like a fairground ride that related to the real life experience of driving.

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them? Ranger (4x4 double cab pick-up Deisel)Kuga, S-max and Galaxy. All very chunky and safe with the modern feeling of quality, thoughtful design but, inevitably a bit 'samey'. Amazed to find that STILL manufacturers have not standardised the gear arrangement - on one car Reverse was top left and anothe bottom right. Sods law is obviously being well respected - you know, if you have more than one car you can bet your bottom dollar that they have different indicator sides and Reverse in a different place if manual... Power steering on all too light to give any feel actually.

5 What did you think of the off-road driving? Quite good though I ended up with guys and they just got technical - managed to scare the Ford guy a couple of times tho!

6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day? Undoubtedly as it raised my awareness of what new cars can do - now I will be wary of the driver who might be selecting his/her music via the blackberry on a screen on the dashboard rather than looking at the road...surely this must be banned on the driver side? (Also with young children one just stops listening to loud music in the car so it was a bit surreal. The car seat technology is noving forward though which is good to see.

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? This is where the on board computer really came in handy - though avoiding rapid acceleration and eliminating the need to break by thinking ahead is still the fundamental technique.

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? Well hey that parallel parking device - not demonstrated alas but in the talk section - is going to revolutionise parking for many of us! Also the sheer distraction of carrying passengers is the biggest factor impairing our driving so Ford are clearly making it so easy you can still manage it. All those airbags sounded a bit daunting though and I hadn't realised how expensive it is to have them replaced if they all go off. Seat flexibility a must as 'friends' waft in and out of our daily activities. The rear seatbelt warning could be good as the passenger can control it and you can avoid the 'nagging' element whilst still being in control.

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car? I can't afford a new car anyway so will not be affected - economical driving and limiting miles will be my biggest contribution here!

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day? Pretty impressive - the Galaxy had great visibility (compared to our people carrier) and was very pleasant to drive.

Yes - I have now ditched my childhood impression of Ford as flashy, fast but rusty and tinny - they are chunky, quality and have some definite design innovation.

1 Load my disabled daughter and her power chair into our WAV and take her and her brother to school, then home again later. Then not go out again because its such a pfaff!

2 Funny, and we DIDN'T talk about MN, mostly about cars!

3 Off-roading grin

4 Mondeo and something smaller. Not memorable.

5 Best bit along with the rally lap.

6 No, the rally stuff pushed us out of our comfort zones and showed us what cars can do!

7 Not much!

8 Err - the ramp at the back of our WAV!?? hmm

9 Vaguely.

10 Fav car was the Focus RS! grin - that's not the answer you want, is it?

11 That their family cars are expensive and not particularly memorable, but the Ranger is very good and they do good rally cars.

I have now outed myself to the pair I went with, haven't I!!!

Oh, yes, we had a great time too - many thanks Ford and Munsmet!!

laundrylover Mon 18-Oct-10 12:38:33

1 What would be a usual car journey for you on a normal Friday? If I have no meetings then it stays parked outside the house. Meeting journeys vary from 20-200 miles though! DP also uses sometimes. We both work freelance so no routine I'm afraid.

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about? I really enjoyed the whole day as did my sister. We talked about all sorts - kids, cars, Mooncups (!). Oohing and aahing in the portacabin as the Blue Kuga challenge went on was lots of fun. Who could get the back wheel off the ground??!!

3 What was the highlight of your drive day experience? Trying out the Kuga through the cones for sure although the 4 x 4 was fun too if a little sedate!

4 What cars did you drive and what did you like about them? Kuga and Mondeo. Kuga felt a bit too 'Chelsea Tractor' for my liking with that big bonnet. Mondeo drove nicely but I am not used to all that techy info on the dashboard. Guess you get used to it but do you really need the car to tell you if you cross the white line - shouldn't you notice that yourself?!

5 What did you think of the off-road driving? Good fun but rather embarassing as my sis got stuck on the muddy hump and I stalled at the wheel wash! I also stalled the Kuga after spinning round the course - that's after only a year of driving an automatic blush.

6 Do you think you'll be a safer driver after attending the day? I think I am quite a safe driver anyway.

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? That I'm doomed to be inefficient driving my old banger. The Mondeo drove at 60 MPH at only 1.5 revs...my Honda is at 4 revs on the motorway and being automatic you can't do much about it. However a bit more fuel per year on a car that costs a grand will never equate to spending 30k on a new Ford.

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? Room for our camping stuff. That's it reallyblush.

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car? In an ideal world they are important but for now I'll have to focus on reducing my CO2 emissions elsewhere!

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? They all looked lovely and had lots of great features. I imagine that most new cars would have this effect on me though!

11 Has the experience made you feel any differently about Ford? I am not brand loyal (is that an expression?) to any manufacturer I'm sorry. I liked my Ford Focus estate but last year it died on the way to Scotland at Christmas and we were stranded for 6 hours in the snow. Maybe the day at Donnington made me feel like forgiving Ford grin.

booksgalore Mon 18-Oct-10 12:38:33

Me: 0 mins - don't have a car.
DH: 45-60 min there and back commute.

Fab. I was tryig to guess who people were but I do understand about privacy. It made me think 'I wonder who I 'know' from MN'? Although I wouldn't be very well known as don't post heaps generally read. I have identified a few people though. We talked about children and schools.
The 4x4, the hot lap and the Kuga driving.
We test drove the S-Max and the Galaxy. The S-max handled well and had quite a bit of space inside; enjoyed the drive. The Galaxy was quite plasticky inside for the price (e.g. the tray, the glove compartment door etc) and handled like a van. We didn't like it.
Oh, just thought we did like the mirror in the roof to be able to see the midrow of seats; that was clever.

Fabulous although DH didn't like that the instructor was very cautious and he couldn't go a bit faster.

Interesting about car seat not touching buckle.

7 What did you discover about more fuel-efficient driving? Nothing.

8 What vehicle features are most important for your family? Size of boot, room in the back and can you see out of the rear window to be able to park it (without parking sensors - do not like them. the beeping drives me mad).

9 How important are lower CO2 emissions when choosing a new car? Very for tax purposes and environmental reasons.

10 How did you rate the new range of Ford family vehicles? What was your favourite car of the day?
My favourite would be the truck although would never buy one. I wasn't impressed by the C-max - didn't really see the point of it especially as 3 full seats don't fit across the back. I thought there were other cars that could be bought which were better (although boot space was excellent) and probably cheaper.

No. I have always loved the Focus range and like Ford cars.

I forgot to ask them this question:

What are the safety aspects/ safety record of rear impact collisions in the S-max and Galaxy when all seats occupied? How 'easy' is it to climb through from the 3rd row to the mid-row to be able to get out?
We noticed that when a tall lady sat in the back (can't remember which car) her head nearly touched the rear windscreen.

rubyrubyruby Mon 18-Oct-10 13:00:15

A 2 hour journey to take DS2 to football training.

I loved meeting other mners but have no idea who any of them were. Mostly talked about where we came from and our children.

The RS lap - scariest thing I have ever done.

Galaxy and Fiesta - I have owned both before.

It was great fun and I was impressed with the vehicle.

Not really

I was reminded of what I already know really.

Plenty of room for bags and passengers.

Not as important as they should be.

I love Fords - I have an S-Max but loved the Kuga.

No.

pombear Mon 18-Oct-10 13:07:21

Questions for all Donington Drive Day participants

1 A long frustrating commute.

2 Bizarre, as I think a lot of us were concerned about 'outing' ourselves. We mostly talked about cars because of this!

3 Kuga trials amongst the cones, RS hot laps and off-roading experience.

4 was disappointed with the Kuga, and now don't feel at all envious of all those school-mums sitting four foot above the rest of us. The mondeo was surprisingly grown-up and I coveted it,but seeing as it's a grown-up car, and I'm not grown-up, I will admire from afar!

5 It was fantastic fun, and one of the highlights of the day. I felt like the tractor at the local children's farm, when I went down into the muddy puddle! It was less daunting than I thought, and the car did half the work! Loved it!

6 No, but at least I will feel more safe when I'm faced with a newer-model Ford driver coming towards me in the middle of the road! We were quite concerned about the amount of stuff that's on the touch screen nowadays, and how much time people would spend looking at it, rather than the road. The camera technology also was a concern - it doesn't allow for the toddler about to run into the camera's vision, that a human would be aware of, but the camera can't predict. The worry would be that someone would rely too much on the camera rather than their natural peripheral vision.

7 Well unfortunately, this was a real no-brainer (sorry, nice-guy-in-a-suit!). If you brake less hard, stop pressing the speed pedal quite as much, you may save money. it seems the equivalent of spending £30 on a little black box that follows you round the supermarket for a week and then reports back that if you stopped spending quite as much time in the wine aisle, made a list before you went, and stayed away from the offers and the sparkly things, you'd save a bit of money. Duh!

8 Is it safe? Can we get in and out of easily? Is it safe? Is it safe??!!

9 Important, but lower down the list than safety and cost.

10 There's a bit of split between the 'thrash it' factor and the 'family car' factor. Loved the speed of the RS but wouldn't want to join the ranks of young boys idling at the lights going 'look at me'! Mondeo was surprise of the day, as I loved it for the grown-up appeal.

11 Yes. i went along with an extremely cynical view of the 'sell', and didn't enjoy the sell-session. I'm not looking for a huge people-mover, have no plans to buy one, and can only open and shut a door I have no interest in for a short period of time. However, I passed up buying a Zetec a while ago, shamefully swayed by the image of Ford, which is a bit clunky. Whilst I'm happy with the car I have now, I'm more positive about Ford and the design elements they put into their car .

All in all, though, it was a great day, and it's worked in that I'd definitely be more positive towards Ford.

LynetteScavo Mon 18-Oct-10 13:29:50

4 mile school run X 2
quick trip to local supper market to top up shopping.

It was great meeting other Mumsnetters! We , mainly talked about MN, and cars, but the subject of our DCs came up quite a lot.

Driving the Kuga.
(And the party bag blush)

Apart form the Kuga and 4X4, I drove the S Max and rode in the Galaxy. What did I like about them? Well, there was nothing I didn't like, so I guess everything. I found them comfortable, smooth, easy to drive (once I'd got over the shock of driving an automatic) I particularly liked the design of the dashboard, with the shiny finish.

Lots of fun. Very different from what I'd expected. I didn't realise it wasn't exactly like driving any old car on the school run.

Um....well I did manage to drive into another car in Sainsbury's car park at the weekend, so probably not!

Er...that Ford make their cars more fuel efficient these days, and on some cars the engine cuts out when in neutral to save fuel?

Overall safety of the vehicle (airbags, etc, including Isofix)
Space for 3 car seats
Boot space
Cost of running

I'm embarrassed to say not particularly when compared to other factors such as safety and initial cost of the vehicle..

I was very impressed. Overall my favourite car of the day was the Kuga, but I'm seriously considering buying an S Max.

Yes, very differently. I was surprised by the quality of the cars I saw.
I've never owned a Ford, and actually would never have considered looking at Fords before. I'd have been far more likely to wander towards the Renault Garage for a car to drive the children around.

BOOamireally Mon 18-Oct-10 13:51:13

1. Usual car journey on a Friday - 35 mile round trip to work, 100 miles for DH grin

2. I loved meeting other MNetters - we had a good chat about our cars, a few about our kids, but vitually none about who we were on MN. I did ask llareggub who fessed up but that was it. I think if people had wanted to volunteer the info then it was their choice to do it!

3. Highlight of the day - offroading. Never done it before! And yes, the party bag wink I'd be lying if I said it wasn't!

4. Test drove the S Max and the Kuga. I am having a lust affair with the Kuga and have been stalking it on the Ford website to try and work out if we can afford one....

I did comment that the emergency phone number should be somewhere prominent in the test drive car, instead of very very small at the bottom of a long written list of directions. And it should say 'If you break down or are in an accident ring this number' as if either of those things happen you are unlikely to be thinking completely straight and need it spelt out to you!

5. I loved the offroading - made me realise that cars can do other things than just get you from home to the supermarket and back!! Very impressed at some of the technology which had gone into those cars. You just take it all for granted really.

6. Safer driver - hmmm not really - if we'd been able to try the autopark function on the CMax I might be able to class myself as a safer parker!! wink

7. I was quite impressed with the Eco gadget thingy and was thinking about giving it a go. However, disappointed to see it is linked to a 'premium' fuel - no doubt usage of the premium diesel/ petrol is built into calculating your eco savings? No way am I going to pay a penny more for my fuel than I have to so I've sort of written that off already.

8. Vehicle features - reliability. low running costs. accident protection systems. Quick to heat up and demist/ deice - important now it's colder. A bit of a kick so I can burn off the odd boy racer at the lights wink

9. I don't think about Co2 emissions as I don't have a company car - but it is crucial for DH. He bought his last car (a Vauxhall INsignia estate) on the strength of its emission rating.

10. We loved the Kuga, I felt very safe being slightly higher up, lots of space, but still sporty. Was distinctly underwhelmed by the CMax despite the autopark - I just couldn't see what it had to offer over the rest of the range - didn't have the space of the SMax, or the sportiness of the Focus. I would love to be convinced otherwise grin

11. Yes - I came away with the feeling that Ford are genuinely interested in finding out what families are looking for in a car. We are much more inclined to look at a Ford to replace my Fiesta in the next year or so....

CMOTdibbler Mon 18-Oct-10 13:55:13

It can be anything from 30 minutes taking ds to school and back to a 400 mile round trip to a meeting - work can take me anywhere

2 What was it like meeting other Mumsnetters and what did you talk about
Fab! Talked about all sorts of things including waterproof and warm coats grin

Dh dring me round in the Kuga on the esp bit

Mondeo - really not good for me tbh, the automatic was nowhere near as good as my current cars, but I did like the interface. And Kuga - too small inside as dh is v tall

Great - I loved proving I could drive round when I can only use one hand

No

Nothing

Performance, comfort and safety

Fairly

I don't really need a 'family' car, but Ford seem to be upping their game now. My favourite was the Ranger

Yes, it has made me think better of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now