This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell BleepBleeps the ridiculous sleep-deprived things you've done - £300 voucher to be won! NOW CLOSED

(324 Posts)
EmmaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 21-Jun-16 10:03:00

Everyone knows that having children and getting a good night’s sleep don’t go hand in hand, and that in a sleep deprived state we can do some pretty silly things. Obviously sleep deprivation is not fun to deal with but it does cause some pretty amusing situations – even if they may not seem funny at the time...! BleepBleeps would like to hear about the most ridiculous things you have done due to your DCs keeping you up at night.

Here’s what BleepBleeps have to say: ‘Thank you so much for joining us on our mission for a good night’s sleep for all the family. We are so excited to announce the latest addition to the BleepBleeps family! Suzy Snooze: a Smart Baby Monitor, Sleep Trainer, and Nightlight all in one.

She’s the first of her kind, an innovative sleep companion that helps babies, children and the whole family get a great night’s rest. We’ve created Suzy with the Mumsnet community, and Professor Colin Espie - Chief Medical Officer of Sleepio.

We are so excited to show off everything she can do, take a peek at our Kickstarter page to watch our new video and hear what Mum’s (and babies) think of Suzy, and if you like it we’d love it if you can support us to bring her to life!

Thank you so much!

Tom & the BleepBleeps team.’

To find out more about Suzy Snooze take a look at this short video and please let us know your thoughts below

So what stupid things have you managed to do when in dire need of some decent sleep? Have you gone to the supermarket in your pyjamas? Have you put your keys in the fridge? Managed to use face cream instead of toothpaste? Or even tried to use the TV remote as a phone?

Whatever silly things you have got up to, add your story below and you’ll be entered into a prize draw where one Mumsnetter will win a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck!

MNHQ

Standard T&Cs apply

OhHolyFuck Tue 21-Jun-16 10:48:29

Took ds1 to preschool- on a Saturday
Put formula in my coffee
Put on 3 stone living off crap because I was too tired to eat properly

Sleep deprivation is a bitch!

CopperPan Tue 21-Jun-16 11:06:42

I used to make myself a cup of herbal tea at night to help me sleep, but most days I ended up drinking it cold because I'd forgotten about it until the next morning.

Mixing up days with doctor appointments - they get very sniffy about that, as if you're doing it on purpose.

beewales Tue 21-Jun-16 11:15:06

After being discharged from hospital after the birth of our son, my husband tried to put a bib on me rather than the baby! This was after about 5 days of no sleep while in hospital. Thought he was joking at first!

paddypants13 Tue 21-Jun-16 11:18:31

I woke my husband up in the night to tell him ds had bitten his lip and was bleeding. Ds was formula fed and had no teeth! I must have been hallucinating!

sharond101 Tue 21-Jun-16 11:47:39

Weetabix in fridge, milk in cupboard, keys in cutlery drawer, spent an hour looking for them!

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Tue 21-Jun-16 11:50:55

Showed up at work wearing my slippers with my suit.... For that day I was the odd looking person on public transport.

sianihedgehog Tue 21-Jun-16 12:24:33

Forgot my phone at home and had to turn around and go back to get it - every single day for a whole week.

ButterflyOfFreedom Tue 21-Jun-16 12:31:17

Wearing odd and/or inside out socks
Leaving lights / TV switched on
Losing keys / purse / phone - and finding them in random places
Forgetting to put the food shopping away resulting in having to throw some away because it was left out of the fridge for too long
Wearing creased and/or stained clothes as no time or energy to do the washing & ironing
I could go on....

StickChildNumberTwo Tue 21-Jun-16 12:32:29

I went to the cupboard wearing oven gloves soI could get the dinner out the other week.

CMOTDibbler Tue 21-Jun-16 12:37:38

I once went to a client site with my skirt inside out. And didn't notice till lunch time blush

UpOnDown Tue 21-Jun-16 12:50:45

\got up and dressed at 5:00 rather than 7:00...

queenoftheschoolrun Tue 21-Jun-16 13:18:34

Put my bag down on the drive to put dd in car seat, drove to supermarket to find I didn't have my bag. Had to drive all the way home to get it (fortunately it was still there!) and the drive back to the supermarket.

Another time I got halfway to school before I realised I was still wearing my slippers.

And many's the time I've got up in the small hours convinced it was time to get up. It's usually being too tired to lift the toothbrush which makes me realise!

Diamogs Tue 21-Jun-16 13:31:32

Fell asleep in a big meeting at work.

ricola1 Tue 21-Jun-16 13:34:17

Instead of putting in 60 seconds on the microwave to warm something up I put in my bank pin number! And as it starts with a 9 it didnt just warm up my dinner it totally frazzled it!!

MildlyMiserable Tue 21-Jun-16 13:40:55

Getting up late, driving to work late, only to realise once I had parked that I'd driven to a job that I had left 5 years previously - 15 miles away from where I should have been. My auto-pilot was way out of sync that day!

Teacupkat Tue 21-Jun-16 13:42:14

Being so tired on a Saturday night I forgot to put the door on the latch while putting rubbish put leaving my 4yr old asleep and alone in the house. It would have normally been my dream come true to have firemen climbing through my bedroom window to kept me back in - but was so stressed I couldn't enjoy the moment! Oh the shame of it!

megletthesecond Tue 21-Jun-16 13:43:02

Fresh food in cupboards and forgetting about it. <<yuck>>.
Messing up entire days at work. Do that quite often blush.

TinyTear Tue 21-Jun-16 13:55:21

Left the house in the morning wearing slippers and a towel round my head... not good when i had left the crying children with DH and had to say i was in a rush to go to work (I start 1 hour earlier) so had to sheepishly go back swap shoes and brush hair before rushing to the train again

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 21-Jun-16 14:15:17

Tried to feed my husband a bottle in the night.. I did wonder why he wasn't latching on to the teat grin

TinyTear Tue 21-Jun-16 14:37:34

There was also the time I picked up the baby, she was about 9 months at the time, then stood in the living room looking all around me and panicking "where's the baby where's the baby, the gate is open, she will fall down the stairs" all while holding her...

loosechange Tue 21-Jun-16 14:50:22

Put the cheese in the cupboard. Put the hot drink I had just made in another cupboard. Discovered them a few days later.

Have gone out leaving the front door wide open.

foxessocks Tue 21-Jun-16 15:21:27

Left my car door wide open on several occasions until a kindly passer by knocked on my door to tell me.

Put milk in the cupboard instead of the fridge many times.

Poured cranberry juice on my cereal instead of the milk.

MummyBtothree Tue 21-Jun-16 15:26:48

Arrived at school in the car, kids in tow on the morning school run, only to realise that I'd left my slippers on!. I wasn't going to embarass myself so turned round and went home to change them quick. blush

WinterWonder Tue 21-Jun-16 15:39:16

Went to sleep on the bus with baby in his sling after a few particularly hard nights. We must have gone around the bus route twice as I woke up two and a half hours later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now