This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

What would you do with a spare 20 mins each week? Tell Cif for a chance to win a £250 voucher NOW CLOSED

(237 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Jun-14 16:31:26

We all sometimes wish we had some extra time in the day, and we've been asked by Cif to find out what Mumsnetters would do with a spare 20 minutes.

Here's what Cif have to say, "Our latest cleaning product - Cif Express Direct to Floor can be used direct on the floor and small surfaces for a sparkling clean home. It leaves a long lasting and fresh fragrance. It's suitable for tiled, laminate and washable/ varnished wood floors. To use, you simply squirt the product directly onto the floor, then wipe with a damp mop, there's no need to rinse and it dries really fast! Now available in Antibacterial, Lemon & Apple Flowers and Wild Orchid & Velvet flowers, the RRP is £2.00 for 750 ml."

Check out the MNers review video here (and check out their feedback here):

Cif Express Direct to Floor Cleaner saves you time, so Cif would love to know what you would you do with a spare 20 mins each week.

How would you spend those extra 20 minutes? Maybe you'd have a lie in? Or watch an extra episode of your favourite sitcom? Perhaps you'd read a chapter or two of a new book?

Whatever you would do with your spare 20 minutes, Cif would love to hear about it.

Everyone who adds a comment will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNer will win a £250 voucher for the store of their choice*.

Please note comments on this thread might be used by Cif on their website or on their social media channels: please only add a comment if you're happy for your comment to be used.

Thanks and good luck,
MNHQ

* NB vouchers can be chosen from the range available at www.voucherexpress.co.uk

potter around in the garden?

EvilHerbivore Thu 12-Jun-14 19:28:14

Coffee and cake, without someone asking for "just a little taste" and then snaffling the whole bloody lot!

gretagrape Thu 12-Jun-14 19:32:34

I'd sit on the sofa, let the cat jump up and have a snuggle - my son is allergic to her so she doesn't really get a look in until he goes to bed every night!

MissVanDyke Thu 12-Jun-14 19:39:47

Coffee and cake in a coffee shop where I can watch the world walk by.

SageYourResoluteOracle Thu 12-Jun-14 19:45:05

Erm, spend the time Mumsnetting?!

MadMonkeys Thu 12-Jun-14 19:49:02

I'd probably waste it faffing around in the garden or looking for bargains online. Or if it could be 20mins first thing I would have a cuppa in bed to wake myself up gently instead of being jumped on by the kids!

Bingbongbinglybunglyboo Thu 12-Jun-14 19:51:25

I would sleep, or try and meditate.

Smilesandpiles Thu 12-Jun-14 19:53:42

Have a coffee and listen to music. I do this any chance I get.

Nottheshrinkingcapgrandpa Thu 12-Jun-14 19:54:51

Sleep!

DurhamDurham Thu 12-Jun-14 20:02:03

I would carefully, mindfully and with great enjoyment...........do nothing. Nothing at all. How often can we claim to be doing nothing at all? It's a rarity in our house as I imaging it is in many others smile

crimsonwitch Thu 12-Jun-14 20:03:54

Have sex! sorry to be crude, but me and DP never get enough time together with three children so 20 minutes would be just the ticket grin

Ragglefrock Thu 12-Jun-14 20:09:46

Play the piano

Cascade Thu 12-Jun-14 20:12:56

sleep and relax.

Bigglesfliesundone Thu 12-Jun-14 20:26:04

i would spend the time with dh, just talking, on our own, without any interruptions from nosy/bored/demanding children! we never seem to get a minute!

PlanetArghhh Thu 12-Jun-14 20:29:07

I would gather together the two years worth of notes and scribbles I've compiled and sit down to write the first page of my book. The very thought of 20 whole minutes every week, completely uninterrupted and with absolutely nothing to invade my thoughts and concentration would be pure bliss.

WowOoo Thu 12-Jun-14 20:31:31

I'd relax - sit down with a book, sit in the garden if sunny or have a nap.

I would enjoy a hot cup of tea and a chance to read. I'm a total bookworm but never get a chance to read anymore as too knackered from demanding job and even more demanding children!

CaptainSinker Thu 12-Jun-14 20:43:22

I'd like to say read an interesting book. But the reality is lie on the sofa eating crisps. And it would be everything I dream of.

Fishstix Thu 12-Jun-14 20:45:01

I'd get on with writing the letter that I started to my daughter when she was born. I used to write a paragraph every month describing our lives at that time and how she was changing and growing and what the world was like...I managed it for four years til dc two came along and since then I have no spare time! Come to that I'd like to start his too!! smile

Maiyakat Thu 12-Jun-14 20:51:07

Tea and cake (are Cif also babysitting DD for these 20 mins?!)

BoffinMum Thu 12-Jun-14 20:59:11

Twenty minutes is what is standing between me and full gorgeousness. So this would be a beauty and grooming opportunity.

BloodFlower Thu 12-Jun-14 21:01:06

I'd read Wikipedia and learn something new.

camtt Thu 12-Jun-14 21:01:37

I'd probably clean something. The windows have about an inch of grime on them at the minute...

CheeseEMouse Thu 12-Jun-14 21:05:52

I would either put some of the washing mountain away or more likely I would enjoy having an uninterrupted cup of tea and start planning our holiday.

rootypig Thu 12-Jun-14 21:10:45

I would like to think I would read, or practise the piano, but in fact I would probably cycle to Waitrose, buy a family size berry trifle, and scoff it all. Or MN. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now