This topic is for paid for discussions. Please mail us at insight@mumsnet.com if you'd like to know more about how they work.

Tell Toyota what you look for in a car and see what MNers thought of their Hybrid range! £200 voucher to be won NOW CLOSED

(107 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 03-Mar-14 09:28:39

You may have recently seen that 7 Mumsnetters attended an event day at Toyota HQ all about hybrid cars. Now, Toyota have asked us to find out what other Mumsnetters look for in a car.

Toyota say, “Toyota have been making hybrid cars for over 12 years and have sold over 2.4 million Prius Hybrid models to date, but there are still many myths surrounding this technology, like do hybrids need special fuel? (No!) Does a hybrid save me road tax? (Yes!) How does it feel to drive a hybrid?”

Below is a video of the event day. Please watch it and let us know your thoughts. (To read the feedback of Mumsnetters who attended the day please click here.)

Mumsnetters who attended the event commented on different aspects of Toyota hybrids including cost effectiveness, technical features found in the cars and its spaciousness. How do these rank for you when purchasing a car? What other optional extras do you look for? A feature that’ll park the car itself, perhaps? Or maybe car seat heating? Whatever it is, we’d love to hear about it!

Everyone who adds their thoughts to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £200 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

ManeMrsS Sat 15-Mar-14 07:35:59

Seeking :
Good mpg
Height - so can put toddler in seat without bending too much
4x4 - As rural
Large boot for dog and pushchairs
Classic lines
Easy to clean upholstery (mud and crisps don't mix well!) - leather is perfect but too expensive an option

IncaAztec Sun 16-Mar-14 08:32:37

I am looking for:

-Isofix for the car seats (vital)
-Decent boot space
-Locking windows/doors from the front
-Cup holders
-Decent choice of spec - 1.4 petrol preferred
-Low running costs
-A local dealership

missmrsmummy Sun 16-Mar-14 17:27:16

In my next car, I'm looking for:

- heated windscreen (it seems that only Ford do these at the moment)
- 5 doors
- low insurance
- good mpg
- 1.2 engine
- central locking
- can connect to iPod/iPhone
- spacious boot
- isofix for car seat

Hope that's useful! I've been happy with my Aygo but just need a step up.

missmrsmummy Sun 16-Mar-14 17:28:11

Oops and cup holders!

kateandme Mon 17-Mar-14 04:41:30

fuel iffeciancy.
space in the boot
enough leg room for the kids to grow into in the back as far too many are so tight
4 doors preferably

MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Mar-14 09:20:00

Hi everyone, thanks for posting your thoughts on the thread. Congratulations to TopsysMum who has won the £200 Love2Shop voucher! We'll be in touch shortly.

SnowieBear Tue 18-Mar-14 13:03:04

Got a 4 year old Prius T4 and now replacing it through work with an Auris Tourer Hybrid - can't wait! My Prius has been great for the last four years and I look forward to a bit more space in the boot for the next car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now