Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

It’s #TimeToNetflix! Share your perfect Netflix moment - £250 voucher prize draw NOW CLOSED

(231 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Feb-14 16:59:32

Netflix would like to hear all about your Netflix moments and how you use the entertainment service with your family.

Netflix have released a new TV ad, watch it below and let us know your thoughts.

We all love great entertainment, what role does entertainment play in your household? Tell us what would make up your perfect Netflix moment and how does it make you feel? What are your "getting ready" rituals before you sit down to enjoy?

Maybe your perfect time to Netflix is cuddled up in bed with your DP or maybe it's a stolen moment at work in your lunch break?

Whatever it is, leave your comments below.

Everyone who adds their thoughts will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 Love2Shop voucher*.

You can watch five short videos of how some other Mumsnetters use and experience Netflix here.

If you don't use Netflix please watch the videos of the Netflix ambassadors above and let us know what your impressions are of Netflix.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

P.S. If you want to get involved in Netflix conversation on Twitter, they've introduced their new hashtag, #TimeToNetflix.
* vouchers will be sent to the winner by MNHQ

stec0111 Fri 23-May-14 12:01:35

I have not tried Netflix as I'm worried my internet connection would cope with the streaming of movies. Will have to take the time to investigate and see if Netflix would work for me. They do seem to have a great choice of movies and TV.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 24-May-14 23:21:44

We have tried Netfliux subscriptions in the past and not carried on with it, but recently subscribed again and it has been a huge success. There is loads of stuff on there for my DC, and the strains of "can we watch Netflix?" is a daily thing. They love the fact that they can browse through loads of stuff and I'm confident that they aren't seeing anything they shouldn't.

The one thing that annoys me is that we watch through our virgin box and it would be good to have a separate password for kids netflix, so they could access it themselves. If we give them the password, it means they can access all the stuff we have restricted in other areas of virgin.

bunsnroses1 Sun 25-May-14 20:48:53

Great for Breaking Bad and kids shows. Would like to see more films on there - particularly 80s classics- how can they not have Lost Boys?!

ScrambledEggAndToast Thu 29-May-14 08:13:37

I used to be a LoveFilm addict but changed to Netflix after my free trial when I discovered Orange is the New Black. I watched all of Season 1 in about a week and can't wait for Season 2. If I am watching a film, I like to snuggle up in bed or on the sofa with a big mug of hot chocolate and some sweets and just enjoy it. If a grown up film, I like to make sure that DS is either asleep or out then I can get some peace and quiet without constant interruptions. Same with "chick flicks", need to make sure DP is otherwise occupied!! Fab service, would recommend to anyone.

Preciousbane Fri 30-May-14 11:46:53

I done sleep very well so watch a film or part of a tv series before everyone else gets up at eight. I finished watching Afterlife this morning, my number one recommendation.

Pleasecanisleepnow Fri 30-May-14 20:56:52

I LOVE my netflix! My DS (age 2, nearly 3) loves watching toy story 3 and I'm now reliving my youth and am re-watching all of Buffy the vampire slayer :-)

We absolutely love cuddling up together to watch it :-) (toy story 3, not Buffy!)

FiloPasty Fri 30-May-14 21:02:50

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure but after DH goes to work, my Twin girls get in bed with me, and we watch a kids movie all tucked in and have breakfast in bed. This week we've watched Tarzan & Tangled.
It's very cozy and cuddly, I'm sure they'll grow up so fast and these are just lovely times smile

carolinecordery Sat 31-May-14 18:09:15

Netflix is great and breaking Bad alone is worth the money. The kids love Johnny Test.

lindipops Sat 31-May-14 22:28:30

Love Netflix- my son loves watching all the Top Gear episodes on his laptop and I look forward to bedtime when I curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and watch my latest addiction which is the series Alphas at the moment. I do like the fact that I can watch Netflix on my computer or my laptop or Kindle Fire HD.

CHERYLPEARSON Sun 01-Jun-14 08:16:24

we've had netflix for months ~ we tend to pick on boxset and watch it 2 episodes per night. breaking bad and Orange is the New Black were my 2 favourites. Cannot wait for the new series of Orange!

its affordable, and has a great variation of content

MorganSpiked Sun 01-Jun-14 15:08:25

I love nothing more than curling up on the sofa with a glass of wine to watch Breaking Bad whenever I get a free hour smile

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 15:09:41

Watching Suits with DP & a pizza after DC is in bed on a Friday smile

carrh1 Sun 01-Jun-14 20:33:43

Love all the chick flix movies when ironing while everyone is out at school or work - not a zombie in sight its bliss - kids love the shrek mini features and my older sons have found a new seam of monster/horror/zombie flix to torture me with - love it

Naomib1980 Sun 01-Jun-14 23:52:24

I love Netflix! In the past 2 weeks i've watched all of Dexter (seasons 1-8), rewatched season 1 of Orange is the new Black, and right now i'm watching the pilot episode of Suits (looks great so far). The best thing about Netflix is having full seasons available of shows i've missed. The worst thing - realising it's 4 in the morning but i still can't go to bed because i want to know what happens next! Will not be sleeping much Fri/Sat as will be cramming Orange is the New Black season 2! xxx

ILoveMyCaravan Wed 04-Jun-14 20:38:47

My very homesick DS used his phone to stream a Netflix movie when he was staying one night at his Uncles, who didn't have an internet connection at his house.

lbsjob87 Thu 05-Jun-14 22:57:33

LOVE Netflix! I first had a free trial about a year or so ago but wasn't that impressed.
But now, I've rediscovered it and it's brilliant. I'm eight months pregnant at the mo and have been sneaking off to bed early to "rest" (in reality, to watch Breaking Bad on my iPad). I would never have seen it if not for Netflix.
I like the way it recommends similar things and stores the last place you watched.
Also, my 5yo watches things like Team Umizoomi on it while I fold washing, for example, so we are still spending time together even though I'm doing jobs around the house.
Great value for money.

Tean1 Fri 06-Jun-14 19:28:04

I've discovered loads of new series on Netflix, rather than just sticking to the ones I know.

Penguin666 Sat 07-Jun-14 13:11:11

I LOVE Netflix. Such an amazing array of films and programs. Right now I am seriously hooked on Gossip Girl and I think I will start with Breaking Bad when I am done with that.

mrsronswanson Sat 07-Jun-14 14:49:43

I am currently on a free trial , so I've watched Arrested Development, Breaking Bad and am part way through Orange is the New Black. I do love how it keeps your place, so it's really easy to dip in and out.
However I don't think we'll sign up when the trial is finished - there just isn't enough new stuff.

sarokaal Sun 08-Jun-14 16:15:03

we don't have netflix as we keep losing internet signal but it sounds wonderful

LittleBallOfFur Sun 08-Jun-14 20:16:24

We love netflix - lots of Thomas for DS (though not so much on the uk netflix anymore and I can't stand the US dubbed shows!), madmen for me and DH cuddled up in the evening, walking dead and sons of anarchy for DH while I'm doing bath time/bed. Would like to see more films/newer releases. The search function via Apple TV is also a bit difficult to navigate.

ALittleFaith Fri 13-Jun-14 23:54:52

It's no understatement to say Netflix has changed how we watch tv. We got just after I'd had DD - I was BF and she cluster fed in the evening which was unpredictable timing so we couldn't sit down at a certain time to watch tv so we'd watch one or two episodes of something on Netflix. OITNB is a big hit and I watched all of Buffy around DD's naps! I also watch it on my break at work when I'm on night shifts.

Cooroo Wed 18-Jun-14 08:20:20

My best Netflix moments were watching Star Trek: The Next Generation with my 17 year old daughter, reliving happy moments from my teens and the delight of realising she 'gets'it too. But binge watching Breaking Bad has to come a close second.

Nouseforausername Mon 23-Jun-14 13:29:40

Definitely binge watching breaking bad with dp waiting for ds to arrive smile

BrieAndChilli Mon 23-Jun-14 13:51:12

Netflix has something for everyone in this house so the hour before tea when everyone has finished homework and are tired and grumpy it's a godsend to have the 2 youngest watching something in the lounge while the oldest is watching something on the computer and I am catching up on whatever latest box set I am watching on the iPad in the kitchen while cooking.
We mainly use Netflix for TV programmes, sky TV for latest programmes and now TV for films as they have the latest films as Netflix has a poor choice.
Netflix is an each to thier own activity in our house whereas now TV is a family sit down with popcorn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now