Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

It’s #TimeToNetflix! Share your perfect Netflix moment - £250 voucher prize draw NOW CLOSED

(231 Posts)
MichelleMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Feb-14 16:59:32

Netflix would like to hear all about your Netflix moments and how you use the entertainment service with your family.

Netflix have released a new TV ad, watch it below and let us know your thoughts.

We all love great entertainment, what role does entertainment play in your household? Tell us what would make up your perfect Netflix moment and how does it make you feel? What are your "getting ready" rituals before you sit down to enjoy?

Maybe your perfect time to Netflix is cuddled up in bed with your DP or maybe it's a stolen moment at work in your lunch break?

Whatever it is, leave your comments below.

Everyone who adds their thoughts will be entered into a prize draw to win a £250 Love2Shop voucher*.

You can watch five short videos of how some other Mumsnetters use and experience Netflix here.

If you don't use Netflix please watch the videos of the Netflix ambassadors above and let us know what your impressions are of Netflix.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

P.S. If you want to get involved in Netflix conversation on Twitter, they've introduced their new hashtag, #TimeToNetflix.
* vouchers will be sent to the winner by MNHQ

HolidayArmadillo Wed 12-Feb-14 07:18:07

Love Netflix, DD loves to watch her American tween shows snuggled up with iPad and headphones, DS loves watching Charlie and Lola straight through the smart tv and DH and I will watch whatever catches our eye in bed before we go to sleep.

DipDabDabDip Wed 12-Feb-14 07:19:37

Netflix saved my sanity through maternity leave and I will soon be going part time so intend to make use of dd's naps! My favourite time to watch it is when I've put the baby to bed. I can either snuggle up in bed and watch it on my iPad or we can all camp out on the sofa together. The only downside is I need to buy a new xbox subscription to keep watching it on the tv!

florencebabyjo Wed 12-Feb-14 08:10:11

I use it to grab a bit of me time. It usually involves me running a lovely hot bubble bath, making a milky coffee and relaxing among the bubbles whilst watching a film with my laptop resting on the loo. my kids also snuggle up together and watch something on the ipad on a Sunday morning in front of the fire eating marmite toast. I don't know how they all manage to see on such a little screen, but it is lovely seeing them all cuddled up after the battle for whose turn it is to choose the film has been decided.

Steffanoid Wed 12-Feb-14 08:23:53

breaking bad marathons are by far my favourite thing about Netflix, it was an addictionsmile

I'm currently watching The X Files in the correct order and completely loving it, I was too young to watch it properly the first time round so hadn't seen a lot of episodes.

Bluecarrot Wed 12-Feb-14 08:31:58

We don't have a tv service ( terrestrial channels/sky etc) but watch netflix through DPs ps3 and it's also installed on my iPhone. It's been great at keeping me awake through evening cluster and night time feeds with my newborn.

I love that we can stop watching a program at any point and pick it up on any device later. When the baby falls asleep I don't feel I still need to watch til the end of the show and later be scrolling through trying to find where I was.

I also like the range of stuff available. I'm a big fan if documentaries and found lovefilm lacking in this area, but netflix is keeping me well entertained.

Only extra id like to see is parental controls to stop my 11 year old viewing inappropriate movies.

glorious Wed 12-Feb-14 10:15:12

Netflix saved my sanity in the early days with a newborn. Best moments were snuggled up in bed feeding and watching comedy smile

justshabby Wed 12-Feb-14 10:23:52

We love love love Netflix in this house!

DH and I love the Nordic Noir stuff (The Killing, The Bridge)

The kids love Spongbob, Yo Gabba Gabba, and Bo on the Go.

But the really special thing was when we knew my MIL was in her final weeks/days, and all she wanted to watch were episodes of her very favourite show, Downton Abbey. So, thanks to Netflix, we had DA streaming constantly for her. We know it comforted her!

Netflixis a big part of our entertainment ritual here, we don't watch a lot of tv that isn't recorded or streamed. If we are all watching a film or tv series together the ritual would be too shut the curtains and make sure everyone has a drink. an I bring in snacks other than crisps because they rustle the bags too much!

My favourite Netflix moment is late at night when I watch criminal minds in bed just before going to sleep. don't know why I do it because it gives me the creeps in an empty house but I cant resist

the dc would say their favourite Netflix moment is when i let them watch johnny test or lego ninjago before bed.

clangermum Wed 12-Feb-14 10:57:14

Kids in bed, glass of wine, an episode of Orange Is The New Black each night. Knowing that we don't have to rely on the tv schedules, or fast forward through ads.

When OITNB is done, will move on to House of Cards. Probably followed by Breaking Bad, as totally missed that first time round.

Watching an episode or two a night just seems more satisfying, we become more immersed in the story.

Punkatheart Wed 12-Feb-14 11:04:19

My Netflix moment is watching my daughter - who suffers from crippling depression - laughing at a film curled up on the sofa with her boyfriend.

My perfect Netflix moment is when Dd is in bed, DP is tied up with work and I have sole choice of what I can watch on Netflix.

With the cold weather, I've been saving on hearing and watching a couple of episodes of Dexter each night from the comfort of my own bed with the duvet and a hot chocolate.

walterwhiteswife Wed 12-Feb-14 13:43:24

without a doubt watching my husbands descent into crime on breaking badwink . oitnb and ds loves it to watch his fave programme du jour!!! wish it had more up to date films though

Nottheshrinkingcapgrandpa Wed 12-Feb-14 13:49:18

I love being able to watch on different platforms

30SecondsToVenus Wed 12-Feb-14 14:02:02

I absolutely love Netflix. I spend a lot of time in the house and I love how I can watch it via my ps3, tablet and phone. I regularly grab the dcs and we all sit and watch films together and once they are in bed I can catch up on my boxsets alone smile

I absolutely love breaking bad and orange is the new black, as well as the cider house rules and I watch a lot of teen movies from my teenage days grin

It has something for everyone and is great value for money. I'm enjoying it and always look forward to the new stuff that gets added regularly.

Love Netflix - we watch it on my ipad snuggled under a duvet on the sofa. Joined to watch Breaking Bad initially, now working our way through The Killing

madhairday Wed 12-Feb-14 15:59:27

Netflix is a friday night pizza, wine and house of cards marathon snuggled up with dh with the dc upstairs ensconced watching their own movie grin

Netflix is also catching up with old runs of Ashes to Ashes while dh is out at a meeting.

It's a great way to watch TV, we use it through the Xbox and it's so easy. We're trying to decide between it and Lovefilm, mainly because alongside HOC we're also watching West Wing and that's only on Lovefilm, annoyingly, so at the moment have both but need to cut one out sad

CMOTDibbler Thu 13-Feb-14 09:54:02

We don't have Netflix, but it sounds like my perfect Netflix moment would be tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle and the dog, a flask of tea, and the rain lashing down outside

MoogDroog Thu 13-Feb-14 15:59:08

I've really enjoyed having Netflix so far. My perfect Netflix moment is watching back-to-back episodes of Breaking Bad (actually too much of this started invading my dreams!). Before I sit down to watch, I like to get everything ready and make sure I won't be interrupted (unless by the kids) - cuppa ready, iPads and phones put out of reach, lighting down low and something to munch on smile

Babycarmen Thu 13-Feb-14 16:51:54

My perfect Netflix moment (which I have a lot of) is snuggled up in bed, by myself watching series that DP wont watch with me such as Orange is the new black or Gossip Girl :D

chobb Thu 13-Feb-14 19:04:19

My perfect nexflix night-kids in bed nice and early, loads of great food, kicking back and relaxing, and watching cool historical movies, using the Netflix app on xbox!

pertempsnooo Thu 13-Feb-14 19:11:20

Breaking Bad was just amazing! Couldn't get enough of it! Yep netflix has revolutionised our screen time! Ditched the competition and subscribed as soon as I'd watched the first BB. The range is great. Don't need the latest films because there is so much I haven't seen on there.

Roseformeplease Thu 13-Feb-14 19:12:12

I have loved Netflix and fell in love in the same way I first loved Sky+ when we got it. Recording without gaff was the best - until Netflix and not recording at all but just having it there. I love the fact you can use it on multiple devices but I can see what the children have been watching.

Hot tea, bar of chocolate, old 80s brat pack film.....Netflix Heaven.

rootypig Thu 13-Feb-14 19:21:50

Netflix is definitely best for TV - my husband and I watched house of cards in a week when DDwas tiny - would have been a night but we were so exhausted we limited ourselves to two episodes a night! It was fab to have brand new drama to watch any time we wanted, when housebound.

Now DD is 15 months and running around, and I am still housebound! for the next 14 years, I'm really looking forward to season 2 starting tomorrow.....

Netfkix, while you're listening, I'd really like an expanded range of films, classics would be fine, including kids' films <cough> Disney <cough>

KnitActually Thu 13-Feb-14 21:00:38

after bedtime netflixing for me, with some knitting of course smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now