Please note: This topic is for discussions paid for by Mumsnet clients. If you'd like to have your own paid for discussion thread, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com. If you are a start-up or student and you want to request feedback from MNers, please post in Media Requests topic.

PRIZES TIME: Insight Annual Round-up 2013: Join our panel, let us know what you’ve enjoyed this year or what you’d like us to do next year - chances to win! NOW CLOSED

(272 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Dec-13 14:11:48

The time has come for the insight team at MNHQ to do our annual round up of the year, to plead for those of you not yet on our panel to sign up and to thank you all for taking part in some amazing projects this year!

(In case you don't know insight covers surveys, product events, product tests and sponsored threads on MN, as well as bloggers reviews, and reviewers recruitment)

Let us know what you think on this thread and you could win another prize!

We've got the following to give away....

~ A George Foreman entertaining 10 portion grill & griddle worth £69.99

~ £100 to spend on Method products for a shiny and squeaky clean-up in your home

~ Four sharing packs of Magnum chocolates worth £24 each.

All details are here: www.mumsnet.com/surveys/insight-annual-roundup-2013

In 2013 we have given away over £38,000 worth of prizes in the form of vouchers, books, beauty products, hampers and technology.

You have tested over £75,000 worth of products - including thoroughly testing the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, busting bugs with Lyclear and getting 'touched-up' clean with Mr Muscle!
We've gone all creative with food and leftovers with some amazing creations for Cadbury Pebbles, cooked once/ eaten twice with Colman's and even tried out pans for Tesco and Fissler

We've given hundreds of you a sneak preview of top kids movies: Cloudy2 and Despicable Me 2

On cars - MNers have been busy trying out the Toyota Verso, Toyota Auris hybrid and Toyota RAV4 - check out the videos here

And you've been sharing tips, experiences and comments on sponsored threads on everything from garden make-overs for B&Q, summer feet prep for Clarks, gluten free baking with Mrs Crimble to hot drinks for Tassimo smile

What have you enjoyed taking part in this year? Or appreciated reading about? What would you like us to product test next year?

Most of the product tests are on site but we also do a lot of projects with our lovely research panel, as well as often giving them the heads up about the latest things and chances to win on site. If you are not yet on our panel please see this link for more info or to sign up. You can select how often you get emailed and you can leave at any time if it's not for you.

So to win one of the lovely prizes please do one of the following:
~ Post on this thread about what you've enjoyed doing insight-wise this year or what you've appreciated reading about
~ Post on the thread any suggestions for product tests etc you'd like to see next year (no promises but we can try!)
~ Join the panel

Lastly - it's with much sadness that we report KatieBMumsnet is sadly off to pastures new at the end of the year sad.

Thanks as ever for your time and feedback - all very much welcome fgrin

AnnMumsnet, TheOtherHelenMumsnet, KatieBMumsnet (sob), AngelieMumsnet and MichelleMumsnet
x

manfalou Tue 17-Dec-13 13:11:07

~ Post on this thread about what you've enjoyed doing insight-wise this year or what you've appreciated reading about

I really enjoyed the Schwartz trial, we have carried on buying a couple of their packet mixes and introduced new meals into our weekly menus. I also like the Amazon family trial, I had seen it before on Amazon but was too scared to trial it... although the Subscribe and save didn't do much too me, I realised how much I loved the next day delivery on the products and how much I saved!

I enjoyed reading the Toyota adventure route thread... so many things that we can do and I didn't know about... on our list for next year! The recent thread about lube accepting your chances whilst TTC was interesting... I've passed that info onto a couple of friends who are currently TTC. The B&Q unloved rooms threads were a good read too.

~ Post on the thread any suggestions for product tests etc you'd like to see next year (no promises but we can try!)

Id like to see more film previews at different places in the country and more of the 'days out' type reviews up north, didn't apply for any of them because there wasn't anything in the midlands area. Also to trial more toys... sometimes its difficult to see real reviews of toys that are advertised.

Maiyakat Tue 17-Dec-13 13:17:16

I haven't been selected for any product tests so hoping to get the chance next year! Anything food related, family days out, household equipment.

I like the fact that the surveys are usually quick and easy to complete.

gazzalw Tue 17-Dec-13 14:02:53

I have enjoyed the trials we've participated in although I can't recall that many off the top of my head fhmm! DW particularly liked the Speedo one with the DCs (and so did they) - it was very well-timed from our DD's point of view and definitely had a very positive impact. Also the Rape Seed Oil one was a real relevation to my family. Currently doing the Flora one too.

Yes, yes to family days out particularly things which cut across age-groups. I was a bit disappointed that the Chessington World of Adventure one was pitched at the under-fives. Theme Parks are one of the few options for those of us with teens/tweens and younger children which prove popular with all concerned. There needs to be more awareness on Mumsnet that a lot of families do have children across the age-ranges and that is a huge potential market to be addressed in terms of holiday bookings/days out/things to do! HINT!

lorka Tue 17-Dec-13 15:11:20

I have really enjoyed trying out Mr Muscle and reading reviews. I bought a few things after reading how others have got on using them. I would happily test anything and my children love to help too. Some trials for tweenies would be good - smelly stuff or toiletries especially designed for older boys as I find this hard to find. Would love to do some mystery shopping and to include more Scottish venues as well!! smile

Ive really enjoyed taking part in the product trials, particularly the Sainsburys mobile network, Mr Muscle cleaner and Cadbury Pebbles. it would be nice next year if you could get a lot more trials for us to apply for, simply because there are so many of us!!!.

Steffanoid Tue 17-Dec-13 21:10:19

ive thoroughly enjoyed being on the panel altgough ove npt tested any products yet I have enjoyed answering the surveys.
things I hope for are some product tests for me grin

shaktar Tue 17-Dec-13 21:31:56

No product tests for me yet either but hoping for some in 2014 - I love a good gadget especially. And food. And beauty products to distract from all the food.

I've enjoyed the surveys as they are usually really quick to do plus the way the emails are worded really makes you feel that you are contributing.

Steffanoid Tue 17-Dec-13 22:36:11

ooh yes to more chocolate testing maybe some cheeky hotel chocolat ones

ps I am on the flora panel forgot all about that I need to get my bake on when the voucher arrives grin

kateandme Wed 18-Dec-13 05:31:07

i didnt get picked much.but i enjoyed being given the opporutnity to answer insght surverys and comment on here about child safety,foods,new products,electrical things.
i felt part of something.
id like to be chosen more but i understand there must be lots of people who want to on here.

id like to give opinions on anything as one thing i have learn from being on here is that opinions i have given on things i wouldnt normaly think about have helped me too.

CheeryCherry Wed 18-Dec-13 06:49:01

I tested the Method kitchen cleaner, it was great. We did the cadbury pebbles task - and forgot to see which one won! Also just did the flora one and the rapeseed oil. Bit of a food theme I notice!
I would love to test more household gadgets ice steam cleaners ( didn't get picked for that one), or pet products, or toiletries for me or my teens. And more foodie ones of course!
Thanks for all those opportunities, and good luck to KatieB!

CheeseTMouse Wed 18-Dec-13 12:29:50

I've only recently started doing this, but I have enjoyed being asked for my opinion on various topics and having a chance to consider questions you wouldn't normally think of in detail. I thought the recent fire safety video was really sensible and I have implemented a couple of ideas from that.

As far as product tests go, I haven't yet done one, but really practical stuff appeals - so cleaning bits and anything that makes life easier with a baby. An example might be that I accidentally found that a particular sling really suited my daughter and having the chance to try it out before buying really helped before spending the money.

vincenta Wed 18-Dec-13 16:43:11

First off all thank you Mumsnet I really enjoy to be part insight panel! This year was especially lucky as I was choosen to test Tesco school uniform, Blossom Hill Vie, Method laundry detergent and Cadbury Pebbles.
By the way mumsnet somehow is responsible for my new phone. I didn't get Samsung S4 to trial (I would love to as my samsung galaxy ace couldn't cope with my everyday demand) and my husband decided to cheer me up and I got new phone.It was very unexpected.Not Samsung but still can't complain as Google Nexus 5 works brilliantly!smile
Next year I would love to trial toys for bigger boys (like 4+ years olds),games,food,wine,kitchen gadgets, hoovers, cleaning products ad all other stuff which makes mum life easier!

Punkatheart Wed 18-Dec-13 17:23:39

I loved the Mayo thread, the Barclays' app stuff.

Chocolate and cheese are the best things in the world. Particularly brie.

AmandinePoulain Wed 18-Dec-13 17:53:51

Thanks for the elc toys, but I really think Mothercare need to pull their socks up and the panel hasn't had much opportunity to actually do anything. I know I'm like a broken record but my local store is still awful. I really thought that by getting involved things would change sad

Thanks for my aldi nappies, still going through them, last box arrived today smile

iwantavuvezela Wed 18-Dec-13 18:14:50

I enjoyed been selected to take part in two tasks, one banking and one to try out a restaurant, and then send feedback. That was fun! I also got an amazon voucher each time and that was a really great incentive/prize.
I like the book give always, and have been sent a few books over the years for which I am grateful
I only try out for things I would really like, or commit to doing, I don't want to get something that might be needed by someone else.

I think some toys/activities would be great to test run, as well as different things for adults, like a cocktail course, a cooking workshop, types of things I always want to do, but never do. I would read the feedback on those from others.

Overall I like that there are plenty of opportunities and perhaps a prize! So thank you

Thoroughly enjoyed being on the Chocolate Panel, and the treats pack was a lovely little surprise thank you. Thank you for the opportunity, MN. It was interesting.

Very happy to more of that sort of thing - with any products that need the market research - but I never ever win prizes on anything, so have abandoned all hope in that department.

Wincher Wed 18-Dec-13 18:34:11

I tried out Pampers pull ups this year (and now use them for my son) and I also went to the mothercare open event which was fun. I enjoy reading feedback of product trials but always felt a bit miffed when it's one I didn't get picked for!

MrsVaughnRice Wed 18-Dec-13 18:48:39

Enjoyed the Despicable Me screening a lot, a really good day out and a super film.

Liked testing the Mr Muscle kitchen thingy, not convinced at the time but actually now I've run out I find myself missing it, so I might succumb to buying a replacement.

I'd love trials of toys and gadgets for older children. Kitchen and cooking stuff always appreciated. And more film screenings would definitely go down well.

DoItTooBabyJesus Wed 18-Dec-13 18:58:23

I enjoy reading the insight threads.

I was lucky enough to get to try the Samsung galaxy s4, whic was fantastic! I loved the challenges and obviously the phone to keep at the end of it!

I would like to see more kitchen gadgets being out through their paces.

wheretoyougonow Wed 18-Dec-13 19:52:06

I absolutely love completing product tests. The Cadburys pebbles one was good as it got my children's creative juices flowing and I got to eat chocolate for research smile
If I were to choose the products I would say any kitchen appliances that will make my life easier. Or wine. I am more than happy to share my expertise on that one wink

I love being on the panel!

Was really looking forward to the EE trial which was unfortunately cancelled sad. Would love to see other trials like that one - which will save me money on monthly bills etc.

Looking forward to next years trials grin

addictedtosugar Wed 18-Dec-13 20:05:03

Don't seem to have been selected for much this year, but have been doing OK on the completable surveys / add cements to threads this year.

There seem to have been a couple of things that have been sitting around for ages - all in various phases (there is an energy monitoring one going at the moment) asking for comments from testers, and non testers which are confusing me.

Agree with whoever up thread who said not much in the way of kids toys etc.

I enjoy testing things, and I've been converted to buying Cif as a result.
I also loved the Cadburys eggs in the egg box earlier in the year. Egg N Spoon, was it called? I'll look out for them after Christmas when the Easter stock is in the shops. grin

As for things for next year, maybe stuff for me rather than the house or food. Shampoo, creams, etc.

Best wishes KatieBMumsnet.

missorinoco Wed 18-Dec-13 21:51:21

I liked Mr. Muscle, and the Method cleaning product stands out, revealing my inner geek. Really enjoy receiving a product test, feels like a wee treat.
I sooooo wanted a George Foreman grill to test.

I like food/recipe tests. I was selected for the peanut butter test, which I enjoyed as it kicked me to try a new product.

I wouldn't enter test that required recording me or my family as I like the anonymity of MN.

Worth bearing in mind MN the power of your product tests. I went shopping recently and picked up Flora Buttery thinking I had heard it recommended somewhere. Received my voucher in the post a few days later; I must have half recalled the product test I entered. Subliminal messaging is getting to me.

daisydaisy11 Wed 18-Dec-13 22:09:10

Sadly I wasn't picked for anything this year but here is hoping for next year.

I would like to see more event trials in Edinburgh, more vegetarian food trials, would love to test one of those robotic vacuum cleaners -have a dog that moults constantly -she is black, carpets are cream so looks horrific unless i hoover daily and would love one of those alien-ship like hoovers to magically clean the carpets while I am out. Would also love to test an all inclusive family holiday somwhere nice smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.